• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Suboxone issue

S

Subhelp12345

Hello,
Although I have read up on much of any suboxone issue, I do need some more help. I hope someone on here has experience what I am experiencing right now. Just a bit of background, since it may help: I messed up and started taking h from January until May. My WD symptoms lasted 1 month and a half! Everyone I knew went through WD for about a week. I was suffering for so damn long! Anyway, I was clean up until I said just once more because I was having a bad day and decided to be a big baby about it. Of course it's never just one day. I have been doing it for exactly 1 month now and it's time to stop this. I regretted it the minute I took it because I knew what was waiting for me in the end. Now, I had only 2 subs to work with. My last dose of h was Saturday night around 10:30pm, so I thought it would be okay to take 4mg of sub at 12pm Sunday. I had some mild symptoms and scored a 5 on that testing for when to take subs. After that I began to feel increasingly worse, so I took the other 4mgs of sub gradually, hoping my WD would go away. I was going through hell with chills and major leg pain (I couldn't walk it was brutal!), until I gave up and of course opted to get more h. I was really determined to stop this for good, but I couldn't risk not being able to sleep or not being able to get out to work on Monday morning. I have no option as I work with my family, so I can't just call in "sick" for 3 or 4 days. I can't tell my family either because it would just break their heart. So, I am trying to do this without anyone noticing anything odd going on (you can't really have the flu in August). Basically, now that I have taken the h to feel better so that I can sleep through the night and be ready for work, I am really not wanting to take any more h tomorrow. I was wondering, since the sub is in my system, would I be able to take the sub in the morning without going in WD again? Or would that make things way worse since I screwed up and took the h in-between? I'm assuming it's a no no, but I just have high hopes at the moment. I really want to do this and have 1 more sub left to make this work. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

You dosed the sub waaaaaay too early and precipitated acute withdrawal from the buprenorphine ripping the H out of your receptors and then not fully binding on.

I recommend you just finish the H, and then wait MUCH longer than you did the first time. Some people put it at a certain # of hours (most say 24) but I just say wait until you've been in full blown, utterly painful withdrawal for a couple hours (it's different for everyone - it might be 18 for you and 36 for me, but certainly not the 13.5 hours you waited) and then take the sub. Wait until your eyes and nose are on like faucets, you're sneezing 12 times in a row, your legs are kicking bike pedals, and your joints and bones are on fire.

It's better to suffer a tiny bit with a guarantee of full relief coming than to dose too early and then waste your sub and suffer longer. You only have one sub left so you have to be careful this time.

haha you just experienced precipitated withdrawal. as said, you took the sub far too early.

thing is, the 8mg sub you took is gonna block the heroin you scored, so id wait until you start getting sick yo use the h, cause youre probably not gonna get high of it.

i've been in your shoes, having to put off withdrawals because of commitments and it's fucking horrible eh? hang in there! maybe you could just fake the flu if they dont suspect youre a heroin/drug user at all.

AGH! I figured this is what might have happened, but just wasn't too sure, since posts were stated suggesting that the precipitated WDs only lasted an hour or so and the person would be much better afterward if they were to take more of the sub. Also it was mentioned that suboxone had a ceiling level and this got me all confused because I don't believe I used a large quantity of h for it to not work. Thanks so much for the assurance! I've started before with only 2mg of sub and it worked amazing....seems because I waited properly that time around. I guess I'm being a little bit impatient here. Do you think you may have an idea of how long my WDs would be? 1 week?? 2 weeks? I wouldn't want to withdraw from the sub either...that's even worse! I just can't believe I fell through after experiencing over a month of hell back in May:\.

Yes, 2mg sub worked in the past because buprenorphine is ultra-potent. Some people need all 8mg, some people might even need 16mg (for the first dose only!!!), but many should find themselves "held" after 2mg or 4mg depending on their prior volume of use.

I'd say if done correctly, and tapered correctly, your withdrawal/detox should last a week or two. You'll use the buprenorphine to relieve the major symptoms of acute withdrawal, and as long as you taper down quickly enough, you won't become addicted to the bupe. People only get addicted to bupe when their doc puts them on 16mg/day every day for years with no plans to taper.

You'll be fine. Feel free to post any other questions you have, or PM me if you need help. I've done this a million times :)

Edit: All that talk of tapering is assuming you have access to more subs. If you only have that one strip, it'll relieve your symptoms of up to 48 hours or so, then when it wears off you'll have to suffer a tiny bit, but it will have masked the worst part of the acute phase of w/d. Try to get more so you can taper like this: 8mg day 1, 6mg day 2, 4mg day 3, 2mg day 4, 1 mg day 5, 0.5mg day 6, 0.25mg day 7, then either do another couple days at 0.25mg or jump off depending on how you feel at the low sub-1mg doses. Good luck bro. We're here to assist anytime.