• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone I have a question...

Different question but def related...

I took 4 mg of SUBUTEX at 4am. I am a 6-7 year oxy addict - a good high is about 300mg. Today was my first sub after my last oxy two days ago. Today I scored oxy. Wondering if I can take some since I highly doubt all my receptors were bound by the measly 4mg of sub. I don’t want to waste the oxy, I know I should hold out. Couple days, but I still feel shitty. Not full WD, but obviously not 100% fine. I know this is likely bc I just started the subs, but if I take some of this oxy, will I feel it? Will it’s help? Or just a waste of money? Not worried about PWD - I know all about the order of operations. PWD comes from taking the sub too soon after the oxy. Just wondering if you all have been able to dose oxy within 15 hours of sub when the sub dose was lower than needed for a tolerance like mine. Thank you.

I took 4 mg of SUBUTEX at 4am. I am a 6-7 year oxy addict - a good high is about 300mg. Today was my first sub after my last oxy two days ago. Today I scored oxy. Wondering if I can take some since I highly doubt all my receptors were bound by the measly 4mg of sub. I don’t want to waste the oxy, I know I should hold out. Couple days, but I still feel shitty. Not full WD, but obviously not 100% fine. I know this is likely bc I just started the subs, but if I take some of this oxy, will I feel it? Will it’s help? Or just a waste of money? Not worried about PWD - I know all about the order of operations. PWD comes from taking the sub too soon after the oxy. Just wondering if you all have been able to dose oxy within 15 hours of sub when the sub dose was lower than needed for a tolerance like mine. Thank you.
I don’t know if you’ll get high. Probably depends on how much oxy you plan to do. My guess is it’ll help you feel better though. It’ll take away the a lot of the w/d symptoms. Someone on this thread said that starting subs is like going from 100% to 50%. And everyone’s different so I can’t say for sure but I bet if you take the ocs you'll feel better. But it won’t help you as far as getting clean. I’ve done it and it just postponed the inevitable. Good luck to you though 😊

Thanks for the quick response. Confused about binding affinity - I know bupe is sticky but I also keep hearing it only binds for 40 minutes or so. Thus my confusion for its ability to prevent oc highs for so many hours (24-36+).

I don’t know if you’ll get high. Probably depends on how much oxy you plan to do. My guess is it’ll help you feel better though. It’ll take away the a lot of the w/d symptoms. Someone on this thread said that starting subs is like going from 100% to 50%. And everyone’s different so I can’t say for sure but I bet if you take the ocs you'll feel better. But it won’t help you as far as getting clean. I’ve done it and it just postponed the inevitable. Good luck to you though 😊
Also, how was your microdosing? Were you able to keep on H and induce subs slowly? I’ve always been attracted to burnise method but can never figure out a regimented schedule... like sub in the am and oc/H in the evening? Ha!

Also, how was your microdosing? Were you able to keep on H and induce subs slowly? I’ve always been attracted to burnise method but can never figure out a regimented schedule... like sub in the am and oc/H in the evening? Ha!
The micro-dosing was awesome. I didn’t have to wait til I was miserable in full on w/d to take the subs or worry about precipitated w/d. I kept smoking h like I usually did but not as often or as much through the day. I took a small amount of suboxone every four hours or so. I think day one I did 2mgs (.5mgs every four hours). The next day 3mgs, then 6mgs, 8mgs. I was trying to get up to 16mgs a day of Suboxone but I realized that higher doses were killing me and my doc switched me to Subutex. I found I liked 6-8mgs a day and stayed with that. All while this was goin on I phased the h out. Once I got off the h completely by body still had to adjust but it wasn’t as knarly as a full on bupe induction. I think it was mostly a mental thing of letting go of the h. I wish they’d do more studies on micro-dosing. It has so much potential to be beneficial to addicts. Cause more than a few times I quit taking the suboxone cause I couldn’t get started on it without being in hell.

The micro-dosing was awesome. I didn’t have to wait til I was miserable in full on w/d to take the subs or worry about precipitated w/d. I kept smoking h like I usually did but not as often or as much through the day. I took a small amount of suboxone every four hours or so. I think day one I did 2mgs (.5mgs every four hours). The next day 3mgs, then 6mgs, 8mgs. I was trying to get up to 16mgs a day of Suboxone but I realized that higher doses were killing me and my doc switched me to Subutex. I found I liked 6-8mgs a day and stayed with that. All while this was goin on I phased the h out. Once I got off the h completely by body still had to adjust but it wasn’t as knarly as a full on bupe induction. I think it was mostly a mental thing of letting go of the h. I wish they’d do more studies on micro-dosing. It has so much potential to be beneficial to addicts. Cause more than a few times I quit taking the suboxone cause I couldn’t get started on it without being in hell.
Yes! This is my hell. Hence the score today. I was on day two with no oc, and it’s been over a year since I’ve seen day two. Thought I’d be so excited, I wouldn’t fuck it up. But here I am. So advise on how to use them both is so appreciated.

when u were taking oxy, how long did u wait before taking sub? im currently taking around 120mg of oxy and plan to take sub but dont know how long to wait

I’ve just been prescribed 8mg Suboxone tablets. I tried to start yesterday. I waited 17 hours and popped my first one. Waited a couple hours and didn’t feel better. I took another 8mg. Still felt anxious as all hell. I caved and got some heroin. My route of admin is smoking it. I felt better but I think it just chilled my mind out. Everything I’ve been read and been told is that it’s a waste of money to try and get high on Suboxone. I smoked up what I bought last night and today. Here’s my question... if I take today’s dose of Suboxone what will happen? Did the heroin do anything to derail the Suboxone? Will it throw me into withdrawal cause it hasn’t been that long since I smoked the h? Do I need to wait til I’m in withdrawal to start again? I’m really hoping that I can just take the Suboxone and continue on tryin to get clean. Any help would be great. This is my first time posting. I couldn’t find the answer online so I’m turning to you guys. Thanks 😊

You should wait 3 days before dosing suboxone if you don't most peoe wi tell you itll send you directly into withdrawl

Never happen to me though n some people say less is more but thats also not the case with me 24mg will fuck me up way more than 2mg on 24mg ill be throwing up most of the time lol

I used to wait about 12 hours , but I would taper as much as possible the day before. At 120 a day just wait till you feel wd, then wait a little longer. the longer you wait the better but if you are feeling bad and you have a small habit you should be fine.

Holy shit you got subutex? That's amazing stuff. Much better than subuxone.

If you need 300mg for a good oxy high you're doing it wrong......Your tolerance is way too high, you should give it a break.

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet: Suboxone has bupe PLUS naloxone in it. Naloxone is an opioid antagonist. Have you ever been hit with Narcan? It's instant withdrawal because Narcan is nothing more than naloxone. So basically, no matter how many MG's of Suboxone you take, as long as you have another opiate in your system, you'll go into withdrawal. All because of the naloxone in it. You need at least 72 hours clean before you take a suboxone. You should then be able to feel the bupe in it instead of the naloxone. ALSO keep in mind that no matter how many MGs of suboxone you take, you can't get but so high before the naloxone no longer allows you to get any higher. 2 MGs is the same as taking 8 MGs to me. Another thing you should know is Subutex doesn't have naloxone in it. Straight bupe.

i personally can use H wait roughly 24hrs and take 1mg subs, this normally takes away 4/10 of the dope sickness wd. Then i can function semi and if needed i will have another 1mg later the day amd i feel 8/10 better. Ipersonally don't think that high nr of subs is needed to curb wd's and making it easier to get off. PLus using only small amounts of subs just to control wd's and not try to get high, then this just might be an option for you

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet: Suboxone has bupe PLUS naloxone in it. Naloxone is an opioid antagonist. Have you ever been hit with Narcan? It's instant withdrawal because Narcan is nothing more than naloxone. So basically, no matter how many MG's of Suboxone you take, as long as you have another opiate in your system, you'll go into withdrawal. All because of the naloxone in it. You need at least 72 hours clean before you take a suboxone. You should then be able to feel the bupe in it instead of the naloxone. ALSO keep in mind that no matter how many MGs of suboxone you take, you can't get but so high before the naloxone no longer allows you to get any higher. 2 MGs is the same as taking 8 MGs to me. Another thing you should know is Subutex doesn't have naloxone in it. Straight bupe.
I went straight from tramadol to Suboxone and i didn't have any instant WD. Actually i felt instantly awesome 😆

I love bupe! Such a great development. It seems that the body needs time to learn how to process and digest it? It's such a complex mechanism so it's hard to give straight answers concerning anything related to bupe really. But for sure it seems to work best by day 3/4 if not maybe a little longer than that.

Anyone experiencing slight sickness in the beginning--I would say that that's relatively normal. It goes away with a little bit of patience. So many substances have different half lives... making it so hard to determine when the right time to take the first dose of bupe really should be. Personally I've had precipitated withdrawal that was so mild and then overridden by the subs suddenly working fantastically. It's often unsaid that precipitated withdrawal isn't always a dramatic ultra painful scenario. Sometimes there's a state of precipitated where it's definitely occurring (the body is sweating and reacting negatively), and simultaneously the suboxone is working well for its intended purpose (aka you feel great relief/mild euphoria).

Last edited:
i personally can use H wait roughly 24hrs and take 1mg subs, this normally takes away 4/10 of the dope sickness wd. Then i can function semi and if needed i will have another 1mg later the day amd i feel 8/10 better. Ipersonally don't think that high nr of subs is needed to curb wd's and making it easier to get off. PLus using only small amounts of subs just to control wd's and not try to get high, then this just might be an option for you
I took 2mg suboxone this morning after waiting 16 hours from my last H use and I felt a little bit crappy for maybe 20 minutes. Then I waited an hour and took 2mg more. Again, felt a bit crappy but now I feel 90% better. I’d be ok to take more if I feel rubbish later on yeah? I’m new to this btw so bear with me.

@laladee1509 i personally would wait till you really need it and then also take less then 2mg, i have found that in most cases 1mg is enough to curb wd and 2mg to make you feel up to 80% better but this is my own personal exp.

at the end of the day, do you want to get clean or just numb wd till your next fix?