• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone help

Diamanacle

Greenlighter
Hey everyone,

Been around for years reading the site and finally made a profile and am posting for the first time.

So, I'm on suboxone, started today, 4 mg, tablets, and I'm higher then, well I'm higher than I normally am the last couple of years. The last two years of an 8 year addiction I've just been trying to maintain and not feel WD pains. Before suboxone I was using heroin, can't give a dosage as I typically put enough powder to cover the tip of a nail file on the file and sniff it. So really low dose, even lower then usual as I OD'd 3 weeks ago and don't want a repeat of that.

So, my long winded question is this, how long am I going to feel high. It's been about 5 hours now and it doesn't feel like it's slowing down, I don't want to be high, I didn't know I would feel high, I figured it would feel like I took 2-3 percs (my normal dose between finding my H is 5 percs a day to hold off withdrawal) but it feels like I took between 15-20 percs. Now, the addict brain is truly enjoying the high, I haven't been high like this in years, but the part of me that wants to be clean is worried that this is too much for me and I can't see my doc until next Thursday to lower my dose, but in Ontario on the program I'm on, I can't alter the dosage myself, otherwise it's considered "tampering" and I can lose my spot in the program. So, I can handle the high, but I'm hoping someone can give me a rough estimate of what to expect timeline wise for this high. I get that everyone is different, but, with everyone's experiences I'm sure we can come up with some generalizations about this drug.

Thanks for taking the time to read all these ramblings.

I have only taken suboxone in very low doses (like 1/16 of a pill each day) and it’s been several years. So I don’t have much to add about the duration of the high. But I do have a lot of experience in pain management programs. I can’t see my PM doc getting upset about lowering a dosage. I’m sure they wouldn’t want you to feel blitzed. Are they the tabs or the sublingual? I’ve had several close friends get hooked on subs and it’s not fun getting off. They end up chasing that first high and can never feel it again. I realize it beats the alternative but sounds like you should really lower the dosage ASAP. Urine tests probably won’t detect if you take half or a fourth of that dose. At least my UA wouldn’t detect that, and the UAs I take are pretty extensive.

A
Hey everyone,

Been around for years reading the site and finally made a profile and am posting for the first time.

So, I'm on suboxone, started today, 4 mg, tablets, and I'm higher then, well I'm higher than I normally am the last couple of years. The last two years of an 8 year addiction I've just been trying to maintain and not feel WD pains. Before suboxone I was using heroin, can't give a dosage as I typically put enough powder to cover the tip of a nail file on the file and sniff it. So really low dose, even lower then usual as I OD'd 3 weeks ago and don't want a repeat of that.

So, my long winded question is this, how long am I going to feel high. It's been about 5 hours now and it doesn't feel like it's slowing down, I don't want to be high, I didn't know I would feel high, I figured it would feel like I took 2-3 percs (my normal dose between finding my H is 5 percs a day to hold off withdrawal) but it feels like I took between 15-20 percs. Now, the addict brain is truly enjoying the high, I haven't been high like this in years, but the part of me that wants to be clean is worried that this is too much for me and I can't see my doc until next Thursday to lower my dose, but in Ontario on the program I'm on, I can't alter the dosage myself, otherwise it's considered "tampering" and I can lose my spot in the program. So, I can handle the high, but I'm hoping someone can give me a rough estimate of what to expect timeline wise for this high. I get that everyone is different, but, with everyone's experiences I'm sure we can come up with some generalizations about this drug.

Thanks for taking the time to read all these ramblings.
Also with subs, it seems like after you take a certain amount it has the same positive effects regardless of the amount taken. Everyone is different so I’m not sure what your threshold is. After that point there’s really only negative side effects and of course increased likelihood of dependence

I have only taken suboxone in very low doses (like 1/16 of a pill each day) and it’s been several years. So I don’t have much to add about the duration of the high. But I do have a lot of experience in pain management programs. I can’t see my PM doc getting upset about lowering a dosage. I’m sure they wouldn’t want you to feel blitzed. Are they the tabs or the sublingual? I’ve had several close friends get hooked on subs and it’s not fun getting off. They end up chasing that first high and can never feel it again. I realize it beats the alternative but sounds like you should really lower the dosage ASAP. Urine tests probably won’t detect if you take half or a fourth of that dose. At least my UA wouldn’t detect that, and the UAs I take are pretty extensive.

No, it's not about urine testing or anything. I have to take the prescription in front of the pharmacist and am not allowed to alter it

No, it's not about urine testing or anything. I have to take the prescription in front of the pharmacist and am not allowed to alter it
Well my boyfriend who is experienced in subs says you get a good high for the first couple of weeks. He said one dose would give him a 4 hr high, and took about 6 hrs to completely wear off. After a couple weeks the high goes away some. He said after a year it hardly did anything for him. Possibly a bit of an energy boost

A solution can also be to take it sublingualy for a shorter amount of time and then swallow it since the BA is very low orally.

I initially thought that this was a "getting high" thread that served no HR purpose, but I can see how there might be some value in addressing this situation. I can say both from experience and from data, that a good Buprenorphine (Suboxone; Subutex) dose can easily last over 24 hours and into the next day. When Buprenorphine first entered my circle of "friends" there were a couple of instances in which individuals without a serious Opioid habit ingested a full 8mg dose. They were extremely ill for 36-48 hours.

This should give you a decent idea of what to expect. I used extremes to illustrate all of the possibilities. It's likely that you will feel the effects of the drug for about 24 hours, but it's going to start to wane around the 8-12 hour mark. These are all nothing more than educated guesses. Don't drive a car or do anything dangerous until you know the full extent of how you are effected.

Ya, it last roughly 9 hours for me, then I just got very lethargic. The second day was about the same, 8-9 hours then it wanes. On the third day today and still feeling it pretty intensely, I'm 4 1/2 hours after dosing. It's not the most pleasant high at all. It's very overwhelming, but I'm guessing that's because it binds so tightly to the receptors. I really can't wait to be a couple of weeks on it to mellow out. As it stands now I'm contemplating using, thinking it may lessen the effects of it so I can relax and not feel so high. It's like I have a concert going on in the front of my brain and it's a shitty band I don't like. Intensity wise I mean. It's just almost too much. Opiates have never felt like this to me before, the mellow feeling is missing, it's all just so weird.

Using will not lessen the effects you are likely on too high a dose to feel the effects of another opiate. If you are on a low dose and did feel the effect of another opiate it would probably not change the feeling you have now. I have been on subs for years i figure im paying for health insurance i might as well make out with something in the end sometimes i do heroin iv . I have tried to get high on heroin with 8mg subs in my system and that wont work until about 24 hours later when your body is expecting the next dose of sub. I really enjoy the high of suboxone. It's a really put you to sleep kind of high perfect for working at a desk all day. I get my dose down as far as i can and take my prescribed 8mg to get nice and high