• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone & Gabapentin Hands/Feet Swollen Help!?

Moonman70

Greenlighter
Had a huge taco dinner (4 with the works) and not an hour later I broke out with swollen hands, itching them like crazy and can't make a fist on either hand.. very red with white spots here n there... side fx of gaba say this can happen.. This morning I woke up and my left foot was itchin like a MF'er.. scratched it for a while, washed it off.. kinda went away by itself after I got moving around..

Then I took my morning dr. prescribed 8mg of Sub and 800mg of gaba...
- Per the norm I popped another 800 later in the morning and another later in the afternoon...
- took another 8mg sub strip before dinner.. I might have added another 400mg on top so another 1200mg in the afternoon but this is all normal..
- whats also normal is I'm drinking everyday.. Mike's hard cranberry... very sugary for sure.. had one 23oz'er.. Im not a diabetic, at least not that I know of.
- I smoke 2 or 4 cigs a day..

anyway I'm thinkin of going to the ER.. anybody been here before or know whats up with this?
I take a lot of gaba.. side note my gf feels like she has trigger finger, she takes gaba too.. this is something that has developed.. not as much as me, and no sub.. so we're thinking its gaba... its been a solid year on gaba..we're both ex oxy fans on the daily.. gaba and sub helped me stay off.. and relocating to the desert of Tucson from Norcal.
+Hard note, sometimes I party with gaba and take as much as 3200mg by the time the evening comes on.. good float but starting to think its taken its toll..

typed all that to see if anyone knows whats up with this sudden attack.. either side fx or allergy attack from taking too much??

Last edited:
this happened to someone i knew, their knees bloated up from pregabalin (similar to gabapentin), stopped taking it and it gradually went down. you should probably not take doses so high as 3200 regularly because its long lasting in the blood leading to phyisical addiction / tolerance to the drug

personally, id ditch it altogether for 'partying' its genuinely a good way to black out 4/5 times for me
also to edit - this is a reaction to the pill, it depends of the severity of your swelling whether or not you should go to a doctor, but if it does not reduce withinin 24-48 hours i would suggest perhaps a trip to the er

Let me tell you something Moonman70. Buprenorphine rehab is worse than heroin. Even 8mg is too much a day. I would suggest you taking max 4mg a day. I did 2mg a day, dropped to 1mg and im now on 8th day and the rehab has been and will be very very long and hard. You can inject subuxone btw. the naloxone stuff is bullshit. Bupre stricks to opioid receptors harder. Just use micron filter.
Gabapentin and pregabalin are both good for bupre rehab. I just wanted to give you a warning.
About your question, bupre made me sweat like a shower, when i was kickboxing and doing bupre. It was insane. The sweat was just pouring on floor, and i am kinda skinny and long dude, so it's not about weight and i am in good shape.

thanks guys.. after a hospital trip to the dr had zero prognosis .. gave me some prednasone and cream for the swelling and itching.. could have been the amounts of alcohol I'd been drinking prior... 'preciate the replies.. as for the sub, I'm prescribed 8mg 3 times a day... it was twice but I upped it... dr didnt mind of course... $.... fortunately my insurance covers this.. stuff is mad expensive.. overpriced is more like it.. Ive been doing half a strip twice a day... cutting that down soon. Take care all.

Hey there OP! I'm sorry to hear that you're moving to Arizona. For all intent, constructions and purposes, I consider Arizona to be a bastion of Right-Wing, jack boot politics. The fact that Cannabis is still a felony... Christ, if I had to, I would go around that fucking place. Anywho, the "Edema" that you're experiencing is not all too uncommon when using Gabapentinoids. Obviously these drugs include Gabapentin (Neurontin), Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Phenibut among others.

While I don't think it's anything to worry about, it is always the best course of action to consult a medical professional if you're truly concerned. If it seems to abate on its own and it doesn't progress to anything serious, I'd say it's probably a result of your substance use, as one might expect. Like I said, I've been through the same thing, so I wouldn't be extremely concerned unless things change/worsen.

Ok, so the tacos have nothing 2 do with the swelling. Gabapentin is a medication with side effects such as water retention, weight gain & swelling of hands & feet.
My gut tells me that's the culprit.

Had a huge taco dinner (4 with the works) and not an hour later I broke out with swollen hands, itching them like crazy and can't make a fist on either hand.. very red with white spots here n there... side fx of gaba say this can happen.. This morning I woke up and my left foot was itchin like a MF'er.. scratched it for a while, washed it off.. kinda went away by itself after I got moving around..

Then I took my morning dr. prescribed 8mg of Sub and 800mg of gaba...
- Per the norm I popped another 800 later in the morning and another later in the afternoon...
- took another 8mg sub strip before dinner.. I might have added another 400mg on top so another 1200mg in the afternoon but this is all normal..
- whats also normal is I'm drinking everyday.. Mike's hard cranberry... very sugary for sure.. had one 23oz'er.. Im not a diabetic, at least not that I know of.
- I smoke 2 or 4 cigs a day..

anyway I'm thinkin of going to the ER.. anybody been here before or know whats up with this?
I take a lot of gaba.. side note my gf feels like she has trigger finger, she takes gaba too.. this is something that has developed.. not as much as me, and no sub.. so we're thinking its gaba... its been a solid year on gaba..we're both ex oxy fans on the daily.. gaba and sub helped me stay off.. and relocating to the desert of Tucson from Norcal.
+Hard note, sometimes I party with gaba and take as much as 3200mg by the time the evening comes on.. good float but starting to think its taken its toll..

typed all that to see if anyone knows whats up with this sudden attack.. either side fx or allergy attack from taking too much??

I'll clarify my point a little bit: I believe it is likely a combination of all of the above behaviors. Gabapentinoids are definitely capable of producing edema, but of course you're also consuming Ethanol and that, well, it doesn't ever do anything "good" to your body.