• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone from Fentanyl pathches

raphmeister23

Greenlighter
I just have a quick question and maybe someone can shoot me in the right direction. I am a cancer patient with a LONG history of using. I thought I knew it all but turns out that I dont know my ass from my elbow.... SO, Last few months I was on 150mcgs (75mcgX2) of fentanyl patches everyothr day, I weined down to 50mcgs. Yesterday morning I took my last patch off because I was already feeling sick (havent used break thru dilauded) So last night about 10pm I took 8mg of subs then waited about 30 mins and took the other 8 I had. Well needless to say I went into BAD withdrawl last night, full on flopping and kicking until about 7am this morning. My question is, can I go ahead and take more subs since hopefully the PW's r over? Because I forced them?

If the PWD already subsided (went away) then you should be fine to take more suboxone, but if you already took 16 mg thats plenty to get you through the next day my friend. Honestly all you need is 4 mg to take away fentanyl withdrawals, because I'm in the same boat right now.

Im subscribed 24mg a day so I have it laying around. Last time I was good on 16mg but I have had so many meds lately its crazy. On top of the fent, I usually take 8mg of dilauded every 3hrs and 40mgs of liquid morphine every 4 hrs. And with me being a junkie, i sometimes double it up an so on.... Thanks though. Only symptom I have right now is leg pain.

Suboxone has a glass ceiling. You can keep on taking it but it is no more effective once you reach the top. Simply a waste.

The ceiling affect is basically, once you have bupe on all of your receptors, anymore is a waste. BUT!!! that ceiling affect is at different doses for everyone. Call it what you want but I KNOW I feel better on 24mg than 16mg. Everyone is different. I hope this doesnt sound snotty, I have just heard SO MANY people misrepresent that term. If you are a novice user, prob 4mg will be your ceiling, but more veteran users have MANY more receptors, so it takes more.