• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids suboxone first time - need advice

galo

Greenlighter
Hello,

I suffer from a chronic pain condition after heart surgery and used to take oxycodone or Vicodin 5mg once or twice a day.
That amount made me feel good but I stopped 2 months ago as my supply ran off and I don't have insurance no more.
A friend gave me once a few strips of Buprenorphine and naloxone 8mg/2mg and now I really need something to help with my pain so it might be the time to try them. I don't think I'd take it everyday but maybe once a week as needed (my pain crisis comes and go) hoping I can find a health provider when the covid crisis gets better.

Would it work if I cut the strips in half or less considering I have low tolerance?
For a first timer and as someone who feels good with 5mg oxy, what's a safe dose?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Less than half. Try 1/8th maybe. That would technically still be quite a bit stronger than 5mg of oxycodone so you could even go lower.

If you eat even 1 mg of that strip (1/8) chances are you’ll puke for around 24 hours. You want to literally take a 1/16 probably but like negrogesic said it’s difficult to even dose that small

yeah, have to agree with 1/16th under your tongue and then take more after 1.5 hours if no relief. It lasts a long time and can make someone very nauseous with a low tolerance

might be worth swallowing 1/8th as the bioavailability would be 10 percentish as opposed to 30ish under the tongue. would be easy to volumetric dose too.