• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Dosing...can't seem to get it right.

Hthr1991

Greenlighter
I have to give some background here. Three years ago I was on Suboxone after having a 100mg a day oxy habit and 2mg did me just fine, got a nice mood life had energy but couldn't afford it and went back to using. I started using dope and a year ago got sick of it and thought lope was my miracle drug. I started dosing lope everyday which ended up at 200-400mg a day and my heart in serious danger, on Wednesday I started Suboxone. I had TERRIBLE precipitated withdrawal for the first 18 hours or so. My dose is supposed to be 16mg but that seem so high to me. The first few days I felt so bad I took between 12-24 mg a day with no relief. Yesterday I took 4mg because I read about the less is more theory and I felt SO much better even had a slight mood lift. But about 4-5 pm it was wearing off. I took another 1-2mg and finished the night off ok. This morning I took 4mg and again feel fine, not at ALL what I felt from 2mg years ago but I know that the lope destroyed my tolerance. However as time passes and the lope completely leaves my system and I am feeling better each day.

My question is do you think I should try to split the 4mg dose in morning and evening? I work 3rd so part of the week I have to take it in evening. Or should I stick with 4mg and maybe 2mg later? I'd like to be on the lowest dose possible. Will I feel better the further I get into this? The first two days were pure hell.

I have to give some background here. Three years ago I was on Suboxone after having a 100mg a day oxy habit and 2mg did me just fine, got a nice mood life had energy but couldn't afford it and went back to using. I started using dope and a year ago got sick of it and thought lope was my miracle drug. I started dosing lope everyday which ended up at 200-400mg a day and my heart in serious danger, on Wednesday I started Suboxone. I had TERRIBLE precipitated withdrawal for the first 18 hours or so. My dose is supposed to be 16mg but that seem so high to me. The first few days I felt so bad I took between 12-24 mg a day with no relief. Yesterday I took 4mg because I read about the less is more theory and I felt SO much better even had a slight mood lift. But about 4-5 pm it was wearing off. I took another 1-2mg and finished the night off ok. This morning I took 4mg and again feel fine, not at ALL what I felt from 2mg years ago but I know that the lope destroyed my tolerance. However as time passes and the lope completely leaves my system and I am feeling better each day.

My question is do you think I should try to split the 4mg dose in morning and evening? I work 3rd so part of the week I have to take it in evening. Or should I stick with 4mg and maybe 2mg later? I'd like to be on the lowest dose possible. Will I feel better the further I get into this? The first two days were pure hell.

Simply the more your tolerance goes up, the less that Suboxone does for you. I first started around where you're at and 2mg was no problem, like you said, mood lift etc... Now that I've been doing 1g or more of H a day, Sub barely does shit. It takes a couple of days to stabilize on Sub when coming off a decent habit. Typically I wait 36 hours after my last shot of H, then dose my Subs, after about 3 days or so, I'm physical fairly stable at between 4-8mg a day IV(don't shoot pills!!) but it does nothing for the mental cravings, nor do a I get that mood lift/energy lift anymore. I was stable on Sub for around 2 year before I relapsed for about a year and after my year-long binge it's certainly not effective like it was now that my tolerance has shot way up. Splitting it may help you, but I haven't found too much benefit to split dosing Sub, once you're stable you shouldn't feel any withdrawals even at the 24 hour mark.

Accordingly to my last doctor, buprenorphine takes a full 7 days to fully stack in your blood. That was definitely the case for me when I detoxed in rehab 2 years ago after a good 4-5 year run. Even at 32mg a day it took a full week before I could get out of bed and for my heart rate to rise above 45. For me the higher my tolerance and the longer I'm off subs the harder it is to go back on.

I split my dose in two and take half before bed and half in the middle of the night. I do it that way because I'm used to falling asleep after I take my dose so it seems to help me sleep. But I've heard of people who take subs for their depression also take a second booster dose later in the day for the uplifting effects. If that works for you I see no problem with it.

Here's the weird part...the 4mg in the morning has started to make my day seem okay, but tonight when it started to wear off I took another 2mg and felt worse?? Idk why. I'm now at work suffering.

Here's the weird part...the 4mg in the morning has started to make my day seem okay, but tonight when it started to wear off I took another 2mg and felt worse?? Idk why. I'm now at work suffering.

Probably psychological, but what do you mean by "feel worse", physically? Mentally? etc.. Like I said, I have a high tolerance and after about 3 days I'm stable on Bupe physically. Some people say less is more with Bupe, saying you'll feel better off small doses, so maybe do 2mg AM, 2mg PM. When I used to dose at night, I never felt that much from it but it would keep me awake for awhile sometimes but never got the mood lift/what-not at night really.

I sort of went through a similar experience getting back in suboxone and figuring out what dose worked best for me, after stabilizing at eight and feeling like the subs 'anti depressant' properties had worn off, I just took micro doses for two days to lower my tolerance, and I'm now more or less stabile on one mg 2xday. I think that after you've inducted yourself and stabilized, tapering down is the way to go because IMO I feel overly medicated, gross and oddly guilty at high dosages, and after a while I don't even get an effect when I take it. However some people need the security that a high dose provides, and I guess it might work better for people really trying to clean up because you just feel 'normal' at high dosages, normal to the point that you'll forget to dose lol.