• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Suboxone Dose getting me TOO HIGH

Johnny_Toledo

Greenlighter
Hello eveyone, this is my first thread so I apologize if I don't adhere to certain rules of the board. Anyways, I am a chronic pain patient and was taking max dose lyrica, amitriptyline, valium, kratom, and phenibut to treat my pain. Usually, it will go that my pain is being prevented enough that I can function somewhat (until I have sex or sit wrong or lift something, which completely irritates my pain). I am a former addict and my doctor wants me to quit the kratom, valium, and phenibut because I am not taking it as prescribed. I take it before parties and mix my valium and phenibut (which in combination with Lyrica gets you really lit). He wants to throw away the valium, phenibut, and kratom and replace it with suboxone. The only opiate experience I have is like 5 gram doses of kratom every once in a while and 2 Percs like once or twice a year. My doctor prescribed me 2 mg suboxone three times a day. I've been looking around the boards and it seems this is a ridiculous starting dose for someone that is opiate naive.

This morning, I took .25 mg film to test the waters, and I am pretty zooted. Not that high, but feeling good, less inhibition, no depression, and lots of dizziness and feeling tired. Because I was confident that the suboxone was going to help a lot, I had rough sex with my girlfriend this morning leaving me in unimaginable pain today and probably for the next month. The .25 mg suboxone is not even touching the resulting pain from the sex marathon. I can't imagine taking my prescribed dose for the pain though, I wouldnt be able to move. How do I taper up (LOL) on the suboxone? .25 mg is way too small for pain. In addition, over time will the anxiolytic and anti-depressant properties of suboxone retain its effectiveness?

well, 6mg is pretty much for the opiate naive, i heared about tumor patients living in unimaginable pain that are quite happy with 1 or 2 mg subutex/xone. It's very strong though it doesn't has the breath suppressing effects of the full agonists. Do you know where the pain is coming from? For example you can make a powder out of a 2mg tab and lay a 8cm line where 1 cm is 0.25mg

Last edited:
I've been to countless doctors and none of them know what the hell is going on with me- but thats for a different forum. I'm here merely for advice with medicine and not how to diagnose. I'm not being rude, its just that it would be a 5 page post for me to explain everything thats happened to me and how many doctors I've seen.

I cannot imagine taking 6 mg or even 1 or 2 mg. I can barely see straight and I've only taken .25 mg, what a hilariously small dose!!! I would just rather be on opiates than lyrica, valium, and all that other shit I'm taking. I prize my brain over everything else and those meds take that away from me. I can think perfectly straight on the suboxone and my memory and cognitive thought process is, if anything, even better than normal lol.

the first doses come over like a rocket, my buddys were puking from 1mg like there's no tomorrow but your body accepts the buprenorphine after some days and you will feel fine:D

Ok cool. Will the anxiolytic and anti-depressant properties stay? I hear that they do. Like I don't feel "high" per se, but I feel like I've taken 5 mg valium. Almost exactly.

yes, i used to shoot up some years ago. Methadone is a thick yellow liquid in Germany and not friendly to the veins. Polamidon is colourless and flows like water.

Wow damn dude. Sorry to hear. Have you tried ganja for the pain? I havent because if they find I smoked theyll rip that scrip for bupe out of my hands.

i would smoke ganja all day because it really helps with the memory holes and cognitive decline from the Interferon but i'm locked up in mental healthcare since 2 years because i tried to hang myself on Interferon. I get out Feb. but when i smoke i get another year extra time:(

Sorry to hear man. I tried taking all my pills in hopes of not waking up a few yrs back. But I'm kinda back on my feet (other than a little addiction creeping back up and intense pain) but I'm trying. I really just wanna graduate school. May not even end up working cause of this fucking pain, but I damn well will try.

Sounds awesome! I guess keeping the dose tiny and no more sex parties,lol is what will work best!

Hmm, this is weird because buprenorphine is only a partial MOR (mu-opioid receptor) and an antagonist at KOR and DOR. Antidepressant effects from opioids are usually thought to be attributed to DOR agonism.

Why don't you just try a different opioid (one that agonises all 3 receptors which would result in maximum analgesia)?

Why don't you just try a different opioid (one that agonises all 3 receptors which would result in maximum analgesia)?

if you missed it. he's using it to detox from heroin..

I'm not using a full agonist because I am a previous addict (clean 8 years [semi-clean lol]), and this is the only opiate my drs would give me. I am slowly weaning up on the suboxone. Am at .5 mg 3 times per day, still fucking me up, but I'm getting there. I am trying to wean down on my Lyrica because it's making me really dumb.