• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone combined with Klonopin

Jason1981

Bluelighter
Was wondering what your thoughts are on these two combined. Before I was put on suboxone a week ago I did my homework on it and everything I read so no benzos with it. It can lead to respitory failure and death. So when I was put on it my doctor did not mention to me to stop taking my klonopins I'm prescribed. I had to bring it to his attention (he is the one that prescribed me the kpins years ago) and he said oh yea just stop taking those. So I did and no withdrawl problems or anything because I don't take them like he has prescribed them, which is to take every day. I only take them when I get a panic attack that I am unable to just ride it out or when they last forever. When I get them they can last an hour plus. Well I've had to since on suboxone I rode them both out but the second one was so horrible I couldn't deal but I didn't take a klonopin. When I saw him yesterday and told him he said if I get a real bad one to take 2mg of my klonopins. So what is your opinion ? Would I be ok to take 2mg when I get a bad panic attack. I read some people say its ok and some say absolutely not.

tread lightly

Ok I'm a pro in this area therapeutic doses of benzos on top of subs is fine and ok I used to do it everyday if ur tollerant to subs and kpin ur fine I love the bupe benzo combo I'm sure u will too

2mg is a pretty large dose for someone w/o a tolerance. I'm Rx'd 2mg/day, but will typically get by with .5-1mg and it culls my anxiety perfectly.

Also: WRT recreation: My kpins are one of the few things that enhances the bupe high for me (which is more of an anti-high if anything, but it does work for pain - I take ~1mg bupe per day when I use it).

Well I'm tolerant to subs now after a little over a week I feel nothing from them. And I'm tolerant to benzos. Well not as much as I used to be but still somewhat. I used to take 8-10mg of klonopin. Stopped for a while. Anyways I took my 12mg of bupe the last 4mg being at 11pm and at 2am I took 2mg of klonopin. Just feel really sleepy but I have been kinda tired all day.

Well I'm tolerant to subs now after a little over a week I feel nothing from them. And I'm tolerant to benzos. Well not as much as I used to be but still somewhat. I used to take 8-10mg of klonopin. Stopped for a while. Anyways I took my 12mg of bupe the last 4mg being at 11pm and at 2am I took 2mg of klonopin. Just feel really sleepy but I have been kinda tired all day.

My apologies for not clarifying (though my tolerance advice would go for both, I'd suggest starting lower than 1mg w/ the bupe if you're opiate naive). Given that that's not the case, and you seem to know your body, you're in the clear so long as you don't over-do the klonopin. Bupe has a very wide therapeutic dosing range, and is highly unlikely to cause an OD because of that. HOWEVER, the addition of the benzo does indeed have the potential to create too much CNS depression, and eventual death.

Just keep the doses reasonable, and you'll be fine. Cheers :)

Yea I'm def not opiate naive lol lol. Thanks for the concern though. I was mostly worried about the respitory failure but I actually got an outstanding night of sleep for once. I have a horrible timee falling asleep and staying asleep when I do fall asleep. I didn't go to bed till 6am but I slept all the way to 3:30 this afternoon. Even slept through my alarm. Luckily I didn't have anything I needed to do today I just forgot to turn it off. Most of my friends sleep great after a night of opiate use. Not me. I could do herion all day and night snap out of the nodding and just be plain physically and mentally tired. Take one last hit around say 4am toss and turn sleep for an hour maybe be right back up at 6am taking another hit thinking that would knock me out but it never failed. My day usually started after that hit because of my insomnia

Opiate use is more stimulating for me, personally. I have to leave several hours after my last dose of my DOC before thinking about going to sleep, otherwise I too will toss and turn (however not be completely robbed of sleep - but I will have issues with staying asleep, and sleeping long enough / well enough).

My clonazepam script was doing the trick very nicely. Glad it's working for you too! Just be careful - you don't want to build a tolerance / dependence to benzos. Equally bad, or worse for some, than a problem with opiates.

Yea I didn't take any klnopin last night for sleep and still slept good. Considering I fell asleep at 7am and woke up at 2. Still 7 hours. I also skipped out on my suboxen yestderday and still have not taken any today. I got on it because I wanted to get off heroin. But now its weird I miss getting fucked up. I don't want to do opiates again but I miss getting fucked up. When I first got on suboxen it felt like dope I nodded out felt euphoria got the itchies it was a good feeling. That quickly ended so I'm hoping if I can skip out for a few days and then take it again hopefully I can get that feeling again. Not sure how long I should wait I've been on 12mg for a week and a half now. Also hoping I don't start going thru wd's

I'm on this combo for the first time. 0.5 mg of kpin and 1 mg of bupe, with low tolerance to benzos and opiates. Feels nice. I've always been too scared to combine opiates and benzos but I figured these dosages would be safe. Always start low! I took the bupe as .5 mg, .25, and another point .25 And I waited a while before taking the kpin, in .25mg increments.

Last edited:
tread lightly

Ok I'm a pro in this area therapeutic doses of benzos on top of subs is fine and ok I used to do it everyday if ur tollerant to subs and kpin ur fine I love the bupe benzo combo I'm sure u will too
Just to clarify. As long as you are tolerance to either BOTH the Kpins and subs , or if you have a large tolerance to one OR the other.

if you have a large tolerance to subs, but have no tolerance to Kpins. Then its still fairly safe