• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread v. 19

well, I always had a killer tolerance and the minimum I'd do a day would be a GRAM. that is my minimum or else I;d start to feel withdrawal - all mental of course but def. a withdrawal if I do not get something in that body within a 24/HR time period. this went on for 4yrs straight - one of my longest runs because I manged to STAY ON THE JOB and MADE GOOD MONEY! but everyday I'd be in that bathroom shooting dope in a fucking beautiful OFFICE PARK in Downtown Boston. yes, there were times I'd be in a suite and would run out to the street and pick up the dope that was getting delivered to me. yes, I'd pay a delivery charge but all well worth it for it be dropped to the Boston Financial District. it BLOWS MY MIND what I did to feed this disease.

nowadays, well, just read what I have wrote above - life has changed drastically. life/death all right around the corner; the money, health, family, friends, all have slowly faded as time went on. it just goes w/ your typical Heroin story where you once had a "good" life but you picked up on this heroin disease and everything slowly diminishes, right?

well, now here I am w/ a grade 2/3 malignant brain tumor and going through chemo right now as we speak; this will be my 2nd round of chemo because my first round was back in 2012 and the tumor has grown a slight bit and I was called in to start my 2nd round ASAP! that SURLY DOES EFFECT MY MONEY, man! and having my Suboxone Dr. cost me about $150/mo, it actually is hurting me nowadays. sounds dumb, because I once paid $200+/day on dope and other BAD THINGS and here I am complaining about my Suboxone Dr. and what his cost is. there is also a million ways around his cost but I DO NOT want to approach that and ONLY DO THE RIGHT THING, FOR ONCE! I am FINALLY about to get off probation in the next 5 months, so LET ME BE and DO THE RIGHT THING! another part of the reason why I went off Suboxone.

I almost feel as if I do not have an option and that if I decide t get off then I cannot even afford to buy dope; then again, we've all been there and done some whacky shit to get that money, right? so why would I even fuck around and go down that road.. man, oh man! I can already see it happening which is why am always hesitant to drop.

I AM GOING TO TRY and make the drop from 8/4 over the next week or so. I plan to do it when I start my next pill w the chemo, this way if one is kinda upsetting me I can mesh it w/ the other and blame both rather than one or the other, so lets see what happens and if cravings do come back. I plan on making this happening and getting away from the stuff but at the same time I am in no rush if I truly get any urge/feelings. the ONLY reason I even wan tot do this is what the Dr's have to say and the fact that I already take enough pills, so please, enough is enough, esp the fact it has to be under the tongue - that is what drives me FUCKING NUTS! if I could just swallow this pill (which will happen one day) then I would be on this pill the rest of my life just to play it safe, but only 8MG or lower because the sex drive was NOT THERE at anything above 8MG and I am 33.

I am on 8MG/day along w/ 1600/MG GABA, 4000MG Keppra, 1MG/Xanny (if needed) or 1000MG/Seroquel (if needed) when it comes to other meds/sleep meds.

I think those would make the taper much easier.

For some reason, I really am in NO RUSH to get off these Suboxone but for whatever reason I want to see if I can do it. I have no one pushing me, no problems getting the pills, no woman/sex/any issues, but yet I went to get off Suboxone.

to be honest, I have a brain tumor/grade 2, and I have to take many meds with the tumor itself; so taking a pill a day is no problem but, again, for whatever reason, I want to try and see if I can get past Suboxone. any one else do it for this reason? just to see if they can do it?

btw, to those who got off Suboxone and was finally off EVERYTHING, did you actually FEEL GOOD? FEEL ANY BETTER? TELL ME?

I would comment, but...the brain tumour thing made me too sad...I got medical issues too, some in the dark and being investigated which is quite unnerving. Can they take it out without dumbing you down or kill you? That'd be the way to go if it's only one and possible to take out. What's cruel with brain tumours is opiates don't really help, they can cause headaches and high intracranial pressure. Did you get a spinal tap? Taking out some of the liquid and reduce the pressure can at least make you more comfortable if you have to do chemo and all that crap.

the tumor was around 4-5 inches; they took out half the tumor but had to keep the other half or else my memory/thought process would have been CRUSHED! I had HALF OF MY FUCKING HEAD SPLIT OPEN DOWN THE MIDDLE TO REMOVE THE TUMOR! I have pictures but I do not want to put up pictures of myself on this board; last thing I need is people knowing its ME, lol - esp. w/ all the drug talk, nevermind the tumor talk,.

I never used drugs just because the tumor; I was shooting dope before I even found out and continued to shoot after; I did have an OD in the middle of my last Chemo which was back in 2012; which pushed off the Chemo for a month, so it surly fucked things up and put me in a bad spot. but at the end I was told nothing has changed and all will be good.

well, that was 2012 and here we are in 2016 and the game surly has changed. but like I said I spoke w/ the Dr. earlier today and he truly HAS NO IDEA. he cannot put a number on a life; there is no number to go along w/ something such as a brain tumor in the middle of chemo; it is NOT one of those that guarantee a death but it is also not one of those that guarantee a long, somewhat "normal" life, either.

what was once grade 2 has been bounced up to grade 3. btw, I just found out that TODAY over the phone. this new Dr. is NOT my fav. by no means but he does work at MGH and MGH has nothing but great people and a great reputation so I do not doubt what he says but its just the way he goes about it.

Stage 3 is where you can still get full remission. I'm not a deist but I "pray" it doesn't go beyond that and that you respond to chemo Walter White style. Also here in Canada, they'd you off the bupe an on real opiates, Hydromorph Contins 30's, Dilaudid 8's, MS-Contins 200's. Supeudol 20mg multiple times a day, whatever, they'd treat you with respect nevermind the previous "down" addiction.

You sound extremely knowledgeable in this area so I have a couple questions for you, if you don't mind...is suboxone ( SL films) water soluble and if so would it have same affect if you were to drink it? I know it is soluble because i know people that shoot them, just not sure in what liquid and ratio.. I have no interest in shooting them though. I am prescribed 16 mgs daily but haven't been taking them and have been shooting heroin instead. I did amazing the first 4 months on subs, until I relapsed, and ever since can't seem to transition back to subs. I want to SO badly. Honestly I can't stand the taste of the subs and they make me nauseous. Especially for the first week of doing them, hence I haven't been able to go more than a few days before I start shooting dope again, except the first transition. I really just want another way to get them in me without a needle and without the horrible taste / nausea. Thank you. Love& light

Hi Vicious, not sure who you meant sounds knowledgeable, but here goes, suboxone is water soluble but has poor oral bioavailabilty. If you want to dissolve it and plug it (rectal route) the absorption is very good. I'm sure if you have time and can read through some of these threads, there are alot of stories shared about how well it works that way. I take it sublingual and I too have relapsed, but once I stabilize on it, I feel good. I haven't ever ivd it, hope this helps a little for ya, hang in there fondly, bono.

Stage 3 is where you can still get full remission. I'm not a deist but I "pray" it doesn't go beyond that and that you respond to chemo Walter White style. Also here in Canada, they'd you off the bupe an on real opiates, Hydromorph Contins 30's, Dilaudid 8's, MS-Contins 200's. Supeudol 20mg multiple times a day, whatever, they'd treat you with respect nevermind the previous "down" addiction.

I guess I have to move.

You sound extremely knowledgeable in this area so I have a couple questions for you, if you don't mind...is suboxone ( SL films) water soluble and if so would it have same affect if you were to drink it? I know it is soluble because i know people that shoot them, just not sure in what liquid and ratio.. I have no interest in shooting them though. I am prescribed 16 mgs daily but haven't been taking them and have been shooting heroin instead. I did amazing the first 4 months on subs, until I relapsed, and ever since can't seem to transition back to subs. I want to SO badly. Honestly I can't stand the taste of the subs and they make me nauseous. Especially for the first week of doing them, hence I haven't been able to go more than a few days before I start shooting dope again, except the first transition. I really just want another way to get them in me without a needle and without the horrible taste / nausea. Thank you. Love& light

We only have Suboxone pills up here, they're white, they taste pretty bad too, I bet the original Suboxone in the US, the orange ones tasted good, like chewable vitamin C good. But not this, it taste pretty bad and is so acidic, me who had 3 cavities well into the end of 20's (and they were small fry cavities). The shit gave me 22 teeth to get repaired in 2 years ½. Yeah. Now the worst ones are done, but my insurance pays for white composite only for the front teeth, my lower molars exspecially the left side are a bunch of garbage aluminum mercury amalgalm. I told the dentist, I know it's the WHO and not your dentist associations who say this is safe, but this, this amalgalm, it's used in making meth.

Anyway, I can't give advice on the strips, but that is depressing. Got no idea if we ever gonna have them, now we have generic Suboxone (Teva and Mylan, Teva are the least acidic tasting, I go with those). I want Zubsolv or even BunAvail to make it here real bad, it's gonna make getting off it easy. As for stopping the H, to me my DOC was shooting Dilaudid/Hydromorph Contins, mainly D4's (brand name) and theres no generic HM Contins, I'd either buy 18's, 24's or 30's, lower than that and it would be a waste of time, but the lower dosage are genius for kids with cancer, 3mg,4.5mg,6mg hydromorph contin..I only got help when I had no more money, had lost 70 pounds from eating once a day if that, my goal when I woke up was calling Dilauman, saying I was coming for X Dillies and X HM's and sometimes he had extras like OxyIR and Oxycontins and Kadians 130mg (those were fun to inject after using a SteriFilt, dear mother of god, you need a filter though, SteriFilt or micron, because the beads when crushed have talc, unlike HM Contins, which is relatively safe with a Securicup filter).

Well your state (MA) was silly enough to ban an FDA approved medication (think of the XR hydrocodone med I can't remember the...yeah ZoHydro, I don't even think they're allowed to do that.

Your state for the supposedly most liberal state out there, isn't really. I know people who had cancer in Cincinnati, OH while they were on methadone, they trashed the liquid methadone and gave him Methadone pills, he said a 20mg pill was worth 60mg of liquid. So, not, surprised, its not the pharmacists, but the approved technician who fills the bottles and mixes em with orange juice late in the evening for people's dose the next day.

Then when they started throwing Kadians 100mg while he was at 10mg Methadone. He said that was the best for him, the 10mg methadone pill made the 100mg morphine XR kick ass. He's dead now, but his last 8 years were mostly pain free. Although he had to take 3 a day, just a 10mg background methadone....I hear more and more of this going on. There's 1mg methadone pills for a reason heh.

I am on subs 4mg daily, I noticed that my restless legs have gotten worse, it is so fng annoying, does anyone know any simple remedy to help? I am not sure if subs are making this worse or not. I have a bottle of neurontin(back pain), that I don't like to take, I feel drunk on them, and I recently bought a bottle of magnesium supplements that are 250mg I've been taking one at nite with little to no relief, I see the doc this Friday but I was wondering about others on sub and this??

Last edited:
I'm currently tapering off of bupe after having been kicked out of the clinic for a dirty urine after i tore my patellar tendon. So tapering became nessesary. I'm down to around 4mg from 16 i typically only dose every 3 or 4 days after i get sick to conserve my limited supply. Sometimes i go longer without because i still use oxy and iv diluaded when i can sneak the money without my wife finding out about my use. Ok so with the given circumstances i took 4mg SL last night around 9:30 by the time i get off work and can score i can take them I'm guessing around 10:15 at the earliest. So that puts me going on 38 hours since dosing sub. It's been awhile since I've done the new oxycontin, but I'm getting 200mg to be done in 1 dose orally how does that stack up to my typical 12mg diluaded shot that leaves me almost completely functional but feeling great? Or do i need to wait longer. I know there have been a lot of threads about this I've just never found anyone that takes their sub like I do except people that are lucky enough to have actual heroin in their area (I'm in the south) I'm desperate to get high right now because I've got a figurative shit storm going on at work right now, and i just found out today that my union has decided not to back me for some illogical reason. But I'm not done with these pricks legally speaking. I guess I'm just asking is the 200mg of oxy going to do anything at all for me? Sorry to try to hijack a thread but my phone won't allow me to pick a thread prefix and therefore not start new threads.

yes, I'd imagine after 38 hours you'll feel most of the effects from the oxy, though you mentioned it's time released, so you may not, I've never been an oxy user (more expertise in heroin), so I don't know how many milligrams get released every hour. I was a bit confused from your post though, have you been at 4mg for a while? And if so do you mean that you dose 4 mg every 2 or 3 days (meaning your dose, if measured daily, is closer to 1.33mg/day)?

Anyway, I'm down to a little under a milligram of buprenorphine a day, have been on 1mg for about two weeks (though a few times I doubled my dose to see what would happen). I'm trying to get my dose as low as possible because I'm just curious to see what would happen if say I tapered down to .25mg/.5mg a day, and then took 2 milligrams. Would I get a strong high?? I sometimes hate how complicated, inconsistent and confusing a drug buprenorphine is. It's weird because I remember the last time I was down to taking .5mg SL 2x a day, I felt each dose really strongly, and the whole 'less is more' saying totally seemed spot on, but this time, it's almost like I can take it or leave it, except then I start withdrawing. Like, I really think if I didn't experience any discomfort from discontinuing it, I would have no problem not taking it for four or five days straight (in terms of psychological cravings). This annoys me because it makes me want to raise my dose, but the problem with that, is that I can't treat myself every once in a while to a 'mild buzz' like I can now.

and as a disclaimer, no I do not need to reevaluate the reasons I am on buprenorphine. The fact that I fuck around with it is my business, I've had a serious IV heroin problem for years, so anything is better (I feel the need to say these things some times cause theres always some asshole that's going to say, 'well maybe you need to re-evaluate why you're on buprenorphine for the first time if your chasing a high blablabla')

I'm currently tapering off of bupe after having been kicked out of the clinic for a dirty urine after i tore my patellar tendon. So tapering became nessesary. I'm down to around 4mg from 16 i typically only dose every 3 or 4 days after i get sick to conserve my limited supply. Sometimes i go longer without because i still use oxy and iv diluaded when i can sneak the money without my wife finding out about my use. Ok so with the given circumstances i took 4mg SL last night around 9:30 by the time i get off work and can score i can take them I'm guessing around 10:15 at the earliest. So that puts me going on 38 hours since dosing sub. It's been awhile since I've done the new oxycontin, but I'm getting 200mg to be done in 1 dose orally how does that stack up to my typical 12mg diluaded shot that leaves me almost completely functional but feeling great? Or do i need to wait longer. I know there have been a lot of threads about this I've just never found anyone that takes their sub like I do except people that are lucky enough to have actual heroin in their area (I'm in the south) I'm desperate to get high right now because I've got a figurative shit storm going on at work right now, and i just found out today that my union has decided not to back me for some illogical reason. But I'm not done with these pricks legally speaking. I guess I'm just asking is the 200mg of oxy going to do anything at all for me? Sorry to try to hijack a thread but my phone won't allow me to pick a thread prefix and therefore not start new threads.

Suggest you wait at least another 48 hours to be safe.

So I want to join in. I'm a log time heroin/opiate addict. Last January I found loperamide and thought it was my miracle to get clean. I ended up addicted to it and it almost killed me by messing up my heart. I built a tolerance and was taking 200mg a day. People who think lope is a joke are wrong. While taking it if I tried to et high days after dosing I felt nothing from half a gram of dope. When I decided to save my life and switch to Suboxone I was so scared that the long half life of lope would cause precipitated withdrawal (another way I know lope was a REAL opiate) so I waited 40 hours after my last lope dose and still had terrible precipitated withdrawal. I've been on Suboxone now for three weeks and first I was miserable sub did nothing and I missed the high I got from lope and the energy boost. Then I started reading here and dropped from the 16-20mg im prescribed a day to 4mg and felt WAY better. My issue is I work third so some days I have thing to do during the day and then have to stay up all night I've tried splitting the 4mg and I've tried taking 4mg in morning and 4mg at night. Years ago sub gave me a nice glow now Nothing no boost no energy. Some days I feel a little something after I dose in the morning if it's been a while since my last dose. I can't seem to find a good dose I feel like the lope riined my opiate receptors. Anyway I enjoy reading here and if anybody has advice I'm all ears.

I have shit loads of 8mg sub strips as I'm on monthly take homes and prescribed 32mgs per day. I had a seamless transition from hundreds of milligrams of old formula oxycodone to 6mgs of subs.....one day I'm an oxy addict the next day I'm a sub addict, all I was asked to do was wait 24hrs after my last dose turn up to clinic and take 2mgs, monitored me for 30mins I felt a little warm tingle in my skin momentarily and that's as close as I'll ever get to a 'high' from Suboxone unless of course I abstain from all opiates for fucking ages I reckon. How the fuck is poor bupe gonna give me a tickle if 300mgs of oxy didn't in the end? No chance. Sadly.

I reckon the opiate 'naïve' could have some cautious fun (and they do) with bupe strips etc. So jealous so many regrets.

Hey SKR how ya been? You are on subs for pain? I thought it would be in much smaller dose 0.2mg range?? Are you getting pain relief though? For those of us on maintainence I get the idea of chasing that high, but it isn't going to happen, not with a tolerance to opiates present. Last year after being clean for 6 months and able to get down under 1mg a day, I felt that buzz, which led to a relapse, so I feel if you are on maintainence, and truly working on addiction problems, stick to the subs for the right reasons, I get bad cravings under 4mg, so until I can get any length of clean time again, that is where I am staying at.

I'm just after as many opinions and replies as i can get on a Buprenorphine self-taper I'm going to be starting shortly. I only wanted or needed about 1 months worth of pills, for a quick taper, my current Opi habits are pretty low key but I'm finding them hard to taper and quit through self tapering and will power alone

So i'm thinking of trying Suboxone again, which helped me get opi-free last time round. They were easier to self taper than any recreational Opi, i guess that's what they're designed for. Or to be be more precise, the last time i used factory dosed pure subutex only (no Naloxone) 2mg, then finally finished off with some Temegesic 0.2 mg pills which made the whole thing a walk in the park once I'd got my mind set right. This time i round i could not obtain 1 or 2mg subutex or even suboxone without breaking the bank, i was advised to get a small number of the 8mg pills, crush each of them up, and divide into 4 equal piles. These did indeed work out far cheaper than the 2mg pills would have done.

I have been advised that if i can crush and quarter each pill and then take each quarter of powder sublingually, as and when required. (once every 24 hours when i find my dosage 'sweet spot')

I am concernened about the Naloxone however, and what effects it may have on my taper. I only had pure Buprenophine Subutex last time, so this is all kind of new all over again. Is it true that by crushing and taking the powder sublingually, expecially if i spit out the saliva once all the bupe has been absorbed that I'll only be taking a minisclue amount of naloxone which should have barely noticeable, if any noticable atall effects at all, have also been advised that if i take the pills sublingually the naloxone wont have any significantly or noticeablely diffrent effects to subutex. Or could this prevent the bupe from working also? I am not intending to be taking any other ontop of the pills or to abuse them in any way, its just with the quartering of them im worried the Naloxone may somehoiw fuck things up.:\

I understand that the naloxone is primarily there to prevent people crushing and injecting their suboxones, which it does do, and the same applies to some extent to some extent to snorting, but how about insufflating the pills. I hear the effects wont last as long that way, but that could also reduce the amount of Naloxone.

Also I have one final concern about the distribution of the active ingredients within the pills, would i need to crush and stir each powdered pill for fucking ages to get as near as possible to an even distribution of ingredients for each pile? Would it in theory be better to do a few at the same time, or would this make no material difference what so ever? Would it matter if one pile of powder hapened to have by some bad luck fluke a load more Naloxone in it than another one?

Any replies, whether through personal experience or scientific knowledge would be very valuable and welcome. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Drugbuddy, don't worry about the naloxone. Its a straw man boogieman the manufacturer put it to "deter" IV use but it does no such thing.

The binding affinity of buprenorphine is higher than naloxones by many, many orders of magnitude, meaning that no matter how you take them be it SL, IN, IM, IV, exactly 0 naloxone will bind to your receptors.

Its like magnets. Buprenorphine is ultra-magnetron 5000 and naloxone is little itty-bitty fridge magnet. The bupe binds, the naloxone remains inert.

Edit: there should not be any "hotspots" in any formulation of bupe, so no worry about that either. Basically, you have nothing to worry about. Go about your detox/taper like a juggernaut champ and we're here with you when you need support or answers. Also, check out Dark Side and Sober Living forums.

Last edited:
Hi everyone so I've been taking Subutex (buprenorphine only, no naloxone) every Saturday for the past 2 or 3 months at doses ranging from 2 mg to 10.
I reached 10 mg about 1 month ago but then I tapered down to 2-3 mg at a time.

Problem is in the last few weeks I've been taking it about 3 times a week in doses of 1-2 mg usually with a day or two in between doses.
Usually it goes like this: tuesday I take 1 mg, Thursday or Friday another mg and Saturday I usually take 2-4 mg max.
I've been taking it with this "schedule" for about 3-4 weeks, is it possible that my body is addicted to it? Or do I need to take it everyday to result in physical addiction? (I'm asking because of the long half-life).

I feel fine if I don't take it for a few days but maybe it takes some more time to feel the withdrawals? How many days should I wait to see how I feel without it?

I know I will soon be mentally addicted if I keep this schedule and I want to tone it down from now on, but I was wondering about the physical aspect.

I plug it BTW as I find it to be a much better ROA than insufflation, it has a stronger effect and it comes up much faster, if anyone has any question about this ROA I'll be glad to answer your questions.