• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go on suboxone website and look thru the dr. Finder. Will have many options for your area. Having a tight ass dr is not going to help you in any situation. Ditch that dr for one that will listen and work with you. Its not about lying to the dr. Its about cutting thru the b.s. to get what you need. Its your money and body and your in control. You are young so that might work against you with some drs. Good luck, check the sub directory and go thru the list.

Here's a fundamental subs question for you. If you have a legit script and choose to insufflate your pills, can a cop harass you for fixing up lets say in a parked car or bathroom? It perscription meds the question is can you legally insuflate in public? Not really too worried about this just a hypothetical question. In some states they probably give you the chair for this but in reality it should be legal, just looks sketchy as hell.

thats what im saying?!?!?! im not a psychopath? i have a diesese, not a terminal illness. i dont need to be locked up somewhere forcefully in withdrawals in a cell. my doctor litterally told me that he scheduled an appointment at a place we will call "tri-rivers". my parents put my brother in "tri-rivers" when he was 15 for being drunk and for behavioral problems. they transported him there via ambulance, pumped his stomach and threw him in a cell to sober up. he called me a few hours later and said whispering " 'pbmaster' (for lack of my real name), they put me in a cell with "CC"(which was a locally known super-addict transexual in highschool, his parents bought him boobs for christmas his senior year) and theres no windows and only 2 bunks" my parents immediately got his cell changed and decided to take him out of "tririvers" a day later. anyways, after telling my doc about my famillies dislikes for tririvers, i asked him if he thought they would keep me overnight, he told me he honestly didnt know and it would be up to them if i could leave or not after my "evaulation". i called him back and told him i couldnt make my appointment....

thanks for all the help though guys, this means a lot

Here's a fundamental subs question for you. If you have a legit script and choose to insufflate your pills, can a cop harass you for fixing up lets say in a parked car or bathroom? It perscription meds the question is can you legally insuflate in public? Not really too worried about this just a hypothetical question. In some states they probably give you the chair for this but in reality it should be legal, just looks sketchy as hell.

Yes, it's still illegal. If I was to IV Suboxone in public, I could go to jail, I think that's self-explanatory though.

Prescription medications have to be taken the way the patient is instructed to by the doctor as on the label.

That is interesting. My dr told me it was ok to insuflate or sublingal. It seems to be similar potency, the insuf method just looks sketchy. This is why I live in nyc. Anywhere else in the country I labled junkie criminal drug abuser. Here in ny I just another guy taking meds. There must be other liberal minded states that work with people instead of throwing in jail. Some tight ass states dont understad people come out of jail on more drugs than when entered.

That is interesting. My dr told me it was ok to insuflate or sublingal. It seems to be similar potency, the insuf method just looks sketchy. This is why I live in nyc. Anywhere else in the country I labled junkie criminal drug abuser. Here in ny I just another guy taking meds. There must be other liberal minded states that work with people instead of throwing in jail. Some tight ass states dont understad people come out of jail on more drugs than when entered.

Your doctor said it was really ok to snort it? That's interesting. I mean if your doctor says it's OK, you should definitely ask him if that's legal and if cops would still try to harass you or not. He's probably assuming you would only take it in private.

Ya that was about four years ago on first visit. He assumed I was a sniffer so just came out and said alot of people do that with subs but not recomend it. From a dr standpoint sublingl the best method but if you looking for diff experience insuff another way. He just said dont iv it whatever I do which is no problem because I hate needles. The insuff in public always going to be illegal. In court might be diff story since its prescribed meds. Either way most dr's have no clue about subs so it best to do your own research. I just recently started insuff method and it is stronger. Feels like it wears off a bit faster but not that much different.

Ya that was about four years ago on first visit. He assumed I was a sniffer so just came out and said alot of people do that with subs but not recomend it. From a dr standpoint sublingl the best method but if you looking for diff experience insuff another way. He just said dont iv it whatever I do which is no problem because I hate needles. The insuff in public always going to be illegal. In court might be diff story since its prescribed meds. Either way most dr's have no clue about subs so it best to do your own research. I just recently started insuff method and it is stronger. Feels like it wears off a bit faster but not that much different.

Why permanently screw up the membranes in your nose - fillers/binders, when the 1 drop of vodka and 1 end of a q-tip is the strongest ROA (for the pills) ?

I do not believe the question i am about to ask has been discussed here, but if it has i apologize. So here it goes: How would one go about treating a Suboxone overdose? Since the bupe has a higher affinity towards opioid receptors than naloxone, would a stronger antagonist or inverse agonist have to be used? If so, which one? Or would the naloxone dosage just have to be raised high enough to break through the bupe? Im not dealing with anyone OD'ing on sub, nor am i OD'ing ha. Just curious.

I would think iv or intranasal nalaxone/narcan at a higer dosage can probably stop the od and put one into wd's. Good question tho

I do not believe the question i am about to ask has been discussed here, but if it has i apologize. So here it goes: How would one go about treating a Suboxone overdose? Since the bupe has a higher affinity towards opioid receptors than naloxone, would a stronger antagonist or inverse agonist have to be used? If so, which one? Or would the naloxone dosage just have to be raised high enough to break through the bupe? Im not dealing with anyone OD'ing on sub, nor am i OD'ing ha. Just curious.

There was a study done on buprenorphine toxicity in children who accidentally took it, and it was said that the patients who received naloxone were in fact helped by it. However, it was noted in the study that a dose roughly 10x the standard naloxone dose would be required to reverse respiratory depression from a bupe OD.

Source

pbmaster23, what you're looking for definately exists and is actually the normal way Suboxone treatment is done. I'm guessing the doctor you went to was not licensed to prescribe Suboxone. Not just any doctor can prescribe it. You have to go to a doctor that is licensed to do Suboxone treatment. Like others said you can go to the Suboxone website and use the "doctor finder" or just do a search on "Suboxone doctors" to find a licensed doctor in your area. I think the doctor you went to knows very little about addiction treatment and I wish you the best in finding a competent doctor.

With opiates such as heroin/oc at first all is grand .. Honeymoon phasw ,when that wears off and it will youll be more depressed than ever . I would definitley say subs would be a better option buuut before you nosedive into such a commitment maybe try vitamins, herbal supplements, kratom. I too suffer depression , suicide runs in the family. I am on suboxone bc im a H addict but i think the anti depressant properties of bupe also wear off. Best of luck

I have been voing back and forth from H a day or two a wk to using sub the rest. I just atarted going to clinic and am able to get them prescribed. They used to give me that glow now i just stave off WD . Last day of H was thursday )1gram( 8mg dirst 2 days , 4 today.. I feel ok as its day 3 i am trying to find that dose that gives me the glow again as i have been able to achieve it sometimes lately... I wonder what a good pottentiator for bupe would be, MJ sometimes felt like it helped...anyone have any ideas for dosage, potentiation , what works best for you. Oh yea this is subL strips

Many spelling errors above sorry, on iphone. Basically I have been an active heroin addict for about 3 straight yrs. (3long ass yrs)while using opis for 7. I am currently on day4 no heroin using sub. Lately its been this way, i guess i really did a slow taper off heroin using bupe each week although when i used i would still do a g of mediocre dope can get pretty incredible ECP in my area alot of the time. And over a half of that. If i were to go hard i could do much more always had a high tolly Anyways I just did something i uaed to find almost impossible... I was a pro at middlemanning (atleast i felt so somedays lol) and to this day still gotta couple ppl that call.. I work fulltime and have since last feb. .. Was in homeless shelter when got the job in the dope mecca of my city..moves up since but im offtrack so yeah i cut way back on selling/copping for ppl..someone called same fkn dude everyday ive ignored him &others the last 4 daya ,, so i was craving some bud so i used the profit to get bud and since i havent smoked much at all lately , i am enjoying it somewhat. Aaand i did not use orr take any of the D ! Pretty proud of myself i hope to keep it up although PAWs is no joke!

Last edited:
Can anybody
Tell me what wd's will be
Like an when they peak from
My doses? I was on about 100mg oxy a du for 2 months and on and odd for almost a year.

2 months ago I started 8mg for a week, 6 mg for a week, 4 mg
For 10 days, 2mg for a week, then .5-1mg a day the last month.

I last took 1mg Sunday morning and begin to feel cold that night. Yesterday I got drunk so I could sleep. Today right now just
Feel aches in my
Legs and hot and cold flashes 48 hrs since last dose. I have very fast metabolism and I feel sub WD after 10 hrs it seems like.

Should I expect it to peak like day 4 then gradually get better from there for a couple weeks? I just took 2mg immodium and that's all I will take. I have one ambien for tonight then no help

There was a study done on buprenorphine toxicity in children who accidentally took it, and it was said that the patients who received naloxone were in fact helped by it. However, it was noted in the study that a dose roughly 10x the standard naloxone dose would be required to reverse respiratory depression from a bupe OD.

Source

10x! holt shat

Alkaholik it may last a week ..10 days. I suggest looking up the thomas recipe annd use immodium inly use it when really need if tho

in reply to Ian937

I've found that carisopodol (brand name soma) to be an excellent addition to my suboxone dose. Its a muscle relaxer that is also a prodrug for meprobate(miltown, and old school antianxiety/panic attack drug that was around since 50s) it potentiates the sub a little bit and also adds that body warmth that bupre seems to be missing, taking both doesn't make bupre seem like a full agonist but it definitely helps out if your missing real opiates/full agonists , and as far as my sub doctor goes it doesn't show up on his drug screen, which is awesome nor did it show up on the methadone clinics drug screen when I used to go to one. This may not be the case for your sub doc or clinic but it is for mine:)

Status
Not open for further replies.