• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay thanks guys, I'll start with .25mg sublingual, I can always add more if it's not enough given it's long duration (I'm used to forgetting you can redose, since I mostly take psychedelic drugs where redosing is very ineffective) :)

If sublingual isn't what I'm looking for I'll make the film into a solution and try snorting it - at a lower dose of course.

I saw in another thread that 0.5 mg bupe = 20 mg hydrocodone

Does that mean if I can do 2 mg of bupe, I can safely do 80 mg of hydro or 50 mg of oxy?

im having some issues making a solution to insuffulate suboxone strips with. the cvs near my house doesnt sell oral syringes, so i've been using an old
bottle of saline nasal spray. i'll mix maybe 1 tbsp with 1 8mg suboxone film/strip in a spoon, stir until its cloudy, then pour it into my bottle, and spray it up my nose. it seems to be hit or miss, sometimes i'll feel it but mostly i do not. also, how long does this solution stay good for? I normally use about 1 whole strip a day, with maybe a little bit left in the bottle, and intead of wasting it like i've been doing by just pouring it out and starting with fresh water each day. is there a way i can reuse the previous days solution? thanks bluelight. i wouldnt trust any other forums advice when it comes to my health. cheers

You should use bacteriostatic solution if your going to keep dissolved suboxone in a nasal spray bottle.

I'm not sure where you live, but you can just get a regular 1mL hypodermic syringe, and cut the point off of it. The problem with using a nasal spray bottle is that you really don't know how much buprenorphine your getting, unless you're just planning on spraying the thing until it's all gone. It seems like too much of a hassle IMO, I would just take it sublingual, but I know some people can't stand the taste. There is also the option of using an eye dropper too.

I have cut down on buprenorphine use dramatically over the last few days. The frequency has probably decreased in half, and I am feeling great about how close I am to being done with using buprenorphine.

I have cut down on buprenorphine use dramatically over the last few days. The frequency has probably decreased in half, and I am feeling great about how close I am to being done with using buprenorphine.

let me know what your dose is at when you stop and how withdrawals are...

GOod luck man..

Quitting bupe is... just oh god scary for me to even think about right now

YES do not under any circumstance take that much or you will TOTALLY ruin the next 36 hours of your life. Do not take more than .5mg sublingually for your 1st dose with no tolerance..or sniff .25mg. This drug is very active in <1mg doses.
I started out at 4mg RIGHT off the bat, day after shooting dope. Never heard of that weak of doses.

Good luck to you brother, you can do it! Sry for DP

Is there any sense for using citricacid to a solution with Norspan-patches when making it as shootable solution? I have used my Norspan-patches for months now by putting it together with good quality 60% vodka and some NaCl0,9% (saline). All of course as sterile as possible. I mostly use Sterifilt to draw the stuff to syringe but now I´m getting MicronFilters (0,20) again, so it would be as good as it can be.

The effect isn´t anymore that strong or I should use so much. That´s why I´ll just try to keep up with routine of one 10ug/h patch per three days so it would somewhere near 3mg per shot if I take that everything dissolves to my solution.

For the first timer in start of this page... 0,5mg would be good I´ll think. You can always take more and bube uses to get tolerance quite fast so just try to keep the using in hand. Anyway you don´t get the "high" from bube as you´d get from some full-agonist. And I hope you don´t get hooked up on bube like us others. It´s very shitty stuff to end though I haven´t had any bad WD:s as somebody else has been descriping. I have been off bube straight "cold turkey" for few weeks and first couple days were shitty.

-Hooddood78

I started out at 4mg RIGHT off the bat, day after shooting dope. Never heard of that weak of doses.

Jesusgreen isn't using it (from what I interpreted from the post) for detox, but just recreationally. When you have no tolerance to opiates, buprenorphine is active in microgram dosages. That's why for pain management, buprenex comes in vials with .3mg/mL, and the strongest BuTrans patch is 100microgram/hour. And I'm pretty sure the Tamegesic's in Europe come in .2mg sublingual pill dosages.

That's awsome Captain H. Ever since I got on this site your dedication to tapering you're suboxone really impressed me, and I'd probably still be on 16mg a day if not for your insistance that less is more. I hope that someday I'll be able to step off suboxone with relative ease. I've had to interrupt my taper because I just started college again, and it's not an ideal time to start titrating my suboxone dose 'cause I'm stressed as it is.

Hey I just found out my bupe is a 3mg segment from a 40mg transdermal patch, rather than the regular sublingual film. I believe it's 70mcg/hour.

I put 1/9 of it (so 0.33mg) under my tongue ~25 minutes ago.

Is my dose still a good starting point for the time release transdermal patches, or should I be dosing higher/lower?

Hmm..
I've never dealt with the transdermal patches, but I would think that you would actually have to extract the buprenorphine from it in order to use it sublingually, because I would imagine it would still be released at the same rate as it would if you took it transdermally. Buprenorphine peaks at around 2 hours through sublingual administration, so I would wait that long to see how your feeling by then.

If at 2 hours you're not getting anything out of it, than I would honestly wear the patch as its meant to be used for 4 hours. The transdermal BA is actually higher than sublingual (around 50% compared to 30%).

Check back in here though, I'm curious to see how it works out sublingually.

The 0.33mg sublingual gave me a nice mood lift, first alerts felt around 30 minutes in, with it really starting to kick in around 2 hours in. Around that time I put another 0.66mg under my tongue just because I figured since it's the transdermal patches it's not going to be absorbed very well and I'd need more.

Now I'm pinned and feel absolutely god damn brilliant. Nothing could touch my perfect mood right now. Got a bit of an itch, and feel extremely energised but drowsy at the same time. Pronounced analgesic effect. Vision spinning a little but no nausea.

So yes I think it works fine sublingual despite being the patch, but I think 1mg is quite a bit for someone of my weight and tolerance to take, so it's probably not quite as effective on a dose-by-dose basis - either that or the other 0.66mg has yet to kick in properly, in which case I'm sure I'll be nodding out fairly soon.

I just had a quick question for any Suboxone patients who have had past experiences with court appointed drug/alcohol counseling.
I recently got a DWI (I know, im a dumbass) Part of my sentence was that I take a 12 hour class by the IDRC (Intoxicated Driver resource Center) While attending this class I was told I would have to take a further evaluation to determine whether I need a 16 week program. Im pretty sure know matter what I say they are going to tell me I need to take the program.
I do have a legit prescription for Suboxone, but an old timer told me do not tell them im taking it because they will contact my Dr., and one way or another I will be cut off from my script. Or he said they will MAKE me stop. Has anyone ever had to deal with this situation before? I was thinking of not saying anything, but how does it all work with the urine screen? will they be testing for Bupe in it? or will the Bupe maybe even show up in just a regular screen? I was thinking of just being honest with them, and hoping for the best, but the last thing I want is for them to meddle with my perscription, and end up getting cut off. Anybody have knowledge of this? It would be gratly appreciated : )

Ahhhh okay that makes sense. I knew it was active in very small doses. Just never heard of that before. Don't know why youd wanna take it recreationally, I think there is wayyyyy better opioids on the market.

I just had a quick question for any Suboxone patients who have had past experiences with court appointed drug/alcohol counseling.
I recently got a DWI (I know, im a dumbass) Part of my sentence was that I take a 12 hour class by the IDRC (Intoxicated Driver resource Center) While attending this class I was told I would have to take a further evaluation to determine whether I need a 16 week program. Im pretty sure know matter what I say they are going to tell me I need to take the program.
I do have a legit prescription for Suboxone, but an old timer told me do not tell them im taking it because they will contact my Dr., and one way or another I will be cut off from my script. Or he said they will MAKE me stop. Has anyone ever had to deal with this situation before? I was thinking of not saying anything, but how does it all work with the urine screen? will they be testing for Bupe in it? or will the Bupe maybe even show up in just a regular screen? I was thinking of just being honest with them, and hoping for the best, but the last thing I want is for them to meddle with my perscription, and end up getting cut off. Anybody have knowledge of this? It would be gratly appreciated : )
Again, sorry for the double post, I just read this guys post....

Even if they contact your doctor- he would be an idiot to take you off of it. It wouldnt make sense.

I had to do a 3 day drivers intervention program (state of ohio) about a year ago when I was taking suboxone. I got to take it with me, and they were very cool about giving it to me every morning. They just keep everyones meds locked up and have "med time" in the morning. As for the drug screen- I have never heard of anything outside of suboxone clinics that test for bupe. And it doesnt show up as an opiate.

Ahhhh okay that makes sense. I knew it was active in very small doses. Just never heard of that before. Don't know why youd wanna take it recreationally, I think there is wayyyyy better opioids on the market.

We can't go into price discussion here but lets just say no drug I've ever encountered has been as cheap as that bupe was for me (unless you count free stuff) ;)

The duration was also a plus.

Feels pretty good right now :)

Yeah be very careful with it. A friend and I were very stupid about five years ago, before I got addicted to heroin. We each swallowed two of the 8mg suboxone tablets. Suffice to say, we got completely messed up for a good ten or so hours, followed by a good hour or two of projectile vomiting. I now IV between 2-6mg a day, but I feel the smaller the dose, the more of a "rush" I feel...if you can call it that.

let me know what your dose is at when you stop and how withdrawals are...

GOod luck man..

Quitting bupe is... just oh god scary for me to even think about right now

Ive gone cold turkey off oxy, heroin, and bupe, and by far the bupe was the worst. I get sick very often, so I can handle the physical aspect of it. Sure heroin is worse for a few days, but it gets better quickly. For those who think the mental aspect of withdrawal is worse, (i.e. the depression, anxiety, fiending) bupe was definitely the hardest to kick. Two solid weeks of depression, and anxiety so bad I couldnt leave the house. Of course I was also coming off xanax as well, but Ive gone several days off bupe several different times, and Ive always gone back.

Btw, I got down to roughly 1mg a day before coming off the bupe the last time. If possible, bring it below 1mg every two or three days. Because of the half life, I never felt anything more than a little shitty the first day clean. Days 3-5 are the worst imo.

Again, sorry for the double post, I just read this guys post....

Even if they contact your doctor- he would be an idiot to take you off of it. It wouldnt make sense.

I had to do a 3 day drivers intervention program (state of ohio) about a year ago when I was taking suboxone. I got to take it with me, and they were very cool about giving it to me every morning. They just keep everyones meds locked up and have "med time" in the morning. As for the drug screen- I have never heard of anything outside of suboxone clinics that test for bupe. And it doesnt show up as an opiate.

Okay LSDreamerthanks for the input. Sounds like I just need to figure out which road to take then. Maybe being honest is the best way to go. Im starting to wonder if the guy who told me not to say anything has me worried about nothing.......
Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.