• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Assistance Program - Free Suboxone For Low Income Patients

I was on Methadone for 2 and 1/2 years...120 mgs a day. I tapered down to 80 and flushed a weeks dose. I was very sick for almost 9 month until I relapsed AGAIN. Shortly after, I found out about Suboxone and have been on it for 5 years now, not relapsing one time. I'm not a zombie like I was with Methadone. I feel very strongly against Methadone and wish every clinic would burn to the ground as long as no one was hurt. However, for the last year and 1/2, I have been paying full price for my doctor visits and medication. I'm not sure I spent this amount on street drugs....my doctor won't give me a straight answer about patient assistance and it is really getting under my skin!!!

I was on Methadone for 2 and 1/2 years...120 mgs a day. I tapered down to 80 and flushed a weeks dose. I was very sick for almost 9 month until I relapsed AGAIN. Shortly after, I found out about Suboxone and have been on it for 5 years now, not relapsing one time. I'm not a zombie like I was with Methadone. I feel very strongly against Methadone and wish every clinic would burn to the ground as long as no one was hurt. However, for the last year and 1/2, I have been paying full price for my doctor visits and medication. I'm not sure I spent this amount on street drugs....my doctor won't give me a straight answer about patient assistance and it is really getting under my skin!!!
Suboxone doesn't work for everyone. You really don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I was happier on mmt, but the klinik had a piss poor policy about dirty urine.

Methadone has helped millions of people. You were obviously on way too high of a dose and then foolishly just stopped.. no wonder you had a bad experience. But just because you didn't use it correctly, doesn't mean it's a horrible drug..

Good for you that suboxone has helped you.. but it doesn't work that well for everyone. Making blanket statements like that is silly.

I was on my own program of suboxone and this drug not only worked for me...it was like the cure.
8mg for starters was plenty and I was already tapering in less than a week.
In one of life's sick punchlines my source ran out and I stupidly did not have a backup plan.
After a day of desperately calling the few clinics with doctor's allowed to prescribe and being told they could see me next Thursday at 3:25 pm...even after full disclosure on my side. Even after naked honesty and pleading the medical community remained true to procedures over patient.
So, unfortunately well into a relapse now.
I do know that this drug exist though, know the places that prescribe and just need to go through the steps to get it.
For the first time in 2 years, there is a light at the end of this tunnel...and it is both closer and easier to reach than expected.