• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Suboxone and increased sweating

just like to highlight th word permanent reduction of sweating could be quite unhealthy and not a good long term tradeoff.
You got alot of sweat glands , i don't know if that means its unhealthy if its a permanent reduction . I should look up some things about it .

That’s interesting about the Clonidine, Thurston. The reason I say this is because when I get the sweats by taking too much Suboxone, Lisinopril cuts off the sweats and vomiting like a switch IME.

That’s interesting about the Clonidine, Thurston. The reason I say this is because when I get the sweats by taking too much Suboxone, Lisinopril cuts off the sweats and vomiting like a switch IME.
Thx for the info , so there are medicine to treat it .
I am getting paranoïde from so much sweating , specially for head . But i sweat practically everywhere when its hot .

Hi i suffer from sweating , but i also use soboxone and now sweating has increased times 100 . I read its a common side effect of opioides in general . I need the suboxone so i am not planning to quit . Is there anything that can be done for the increased sweating while still keep using suboxone ? ( Not talking about these stupid substance you smear under your armpits)
Sweating is everywhere , forehead, hands, feet, back , armpits. Are there like any medicine or something available ?

Greetings ,
Taking Benadryl stops it when It’s absolutely necessary I not sweat. And it works very well

Taking Benadryl stops it when It’s absolutely necessary I not sweat. And it works very well
Thx for the advice , benadryl is on recept or can you get that randomly ? The sweating is everywhere , i am kinda lowering my usage atm because i have a slight dependancy . I go to gym everyday but if i snorted more bupe my tshirt is soked after training 😅 Heck its even worse then Stims or something , the only difference is stim sweat smells more bad .

Thx for the advice , benadryl is on recept or can you get that randomly ? The sweating is everywhere , i am kinda lowering my usage atm because i have a slight dependancy . I go to gym everyday but if i snorted more bupe my tshirt is soked after training 😅 Heck its even worse then Stims or something , the only difference is stim sweat smells more bad .
Ahhhh well sweating at the gym is no problem! I meant you could take some Benadryl when you have to go to a place where sweating is very inappropriate

Hey @Kizaru

Increased perspiration is part of the game with Opioids. I've read up on the subject a little. I was on Methadone for years. I know you're all gonna hate ol' Kief spinning another boring yarn, but it's too late. I'm in too deep not to tell the story. I'm too self-important.

This was 10 years ago or so. I was 21 and I had just started Methadone Maintenance for the first time. I went on a little trip with my family to visit other family out in St. Louis. It was July and the entire state was a goddamned furnace. It was so hot and humid. I was bringing changes of clothes with me so I could change my shirt at least once throughout the day.

We decided to go up in the famous Gateway Arch, which is actually the only thing to do at all in the entire burnt-out city of St. Louis. It's just right out there in the sky, made of metal, gleaming like a motherfucker. I assumed the whole deal would be air-conditioned. I didn't even consider what it was all gonna be like.

You get in these little cars that take a few people up to the top in groups. It takes several minutes to get up to the top and then you're up there for what I think was ~45 minutes with no real way of getting down outside of your scheduled group. The cars were sweltering. I immediately start sweating like crazy. I'm dripping on the people next to me who are disgusted.

I got to the top and it was even hotter than in the car. I see all the eyes on me and I start freaking out. I was up there looking like a mental patient for almost an hour. When I got back down. It sucked.

Anyway, there are some things you can do to try to help yourself out a little bit. I know they're not ideal, but being prepared for the situation can make things a lot easier. I like to have a towel of some kind on hand. Think a washcloth, something you can put in your pocket. Use this to wipe yourself down when you feel the sweat getting bad.

Cold drinks are also a great choice. If you say. have somewhere or something you have to do, let's say it's a job interview. Drink a cold drink with a bunch of crushed up ice in it. This is going to help cool you down significantly for a half hour or so at least. Even if you don't have ice, a cold drink of water can be very helpful.

There are medications our there that can be used to treat excessive perspiration. The medical terminology is "Hyperhidrosis" so do your research with these terms. I would advise against medication as this condition is not one with a clearly established route of treatment. Different docs seem to throw whatever they can at the walll to see what sticks.

Clonidine (Catapres) is a blood pressure medication that moonlights as a weak sedative in off-label usage. It's a drug that has a lot of great applications, I don't know if it's simply due to the reduction in BP or what, but there are people who have found success using Clonidine for this purpose. It's a place to start.

Hey @Kizaru

Increased perspiration is part of the game with Opioids. I've read up on the subject a little. I was on Methadone for years. I know you're all gonna hate ol' Kief spinning another boring yarn, but it's too late. I'm in too deep not to tell the story. I'm too self-important.

This was 10 years ago or so. I was 21 and I had just started Methadone Maintenance for the first time. I went on a little trip with my family to visit other family out in St. Louis. It was July and the entire state was a goddamned furnace. It was so hot and humid. I was bringing changes of clothes with me so I could change my shirt at least once throughout the day.

We decided to go up in the famous Gateway Arch, which is actually the only thing to do at all in the entire burnt-out city of St. Louis. It's just right out there in the sky, made of metal, gleaming like a motherfucker. I assumed the whole deal would be air-conditioned. I didn't even consider what it was all gonna be like.

You get in these little cars that take a few people up to the top in groups. It takes several minutes to get up to the top and then you're up there for what I think was ~45 minutes with no real way of getting down outside of your scheduled group. The cars were sweltering. I immediately start sweating like crazy. I'm dripping on the people next to me who are disgusted.

I got to the top and it was even hotter than in the car. I see all the eyes on me and I start freaking out. I was up there looking like a mental patient for almost an hour. When I got back down. It sucked.

Anyway, there are some things you can do to try to help yourself out a little bit. I know they're not ideal, but being prepared for the situation can make things a lot easier. I like to have a towel of some kind on hand. Think a washcloth, something you can put in your pocket. Use this to wipe yourself down when you feel the sweat getting bad.

Cold drinks are also a great choice. If you say. have somewhere or something you have to do, let's say it's a job interview. Drink a cold drink with a bunch of crushed up ice in it. This is going to help cool you down significantly for a half hour or so at least. Even if you don't have ice, a cold drink of water can be very helpful.

There are medications our there that can be used to treat excessive perspiration. The medical terminology is "Hyperhidrosis" so do your research with these terms. I would advise against medication as this condition is not one with a clearly established route of treatment. Different docs seem to throw whatever they can at the walll to see what sticks.

Clonidine (Catapres) is a blood pressure medication that moonlights as a weak sedative in off-label usage. It's a drug that has a lot of great applications, I don't know if it's simply due to the reduction in BP or what, but there are people who have found success using Clonidine for this purpose. It's a place to start.
Methadone’s sweating side effect is 10 times worse than buprenorphine, I’ve been there and know exactly what you’re talking about. The out of control sweating is actually the reason I switched back to suboxone- which does make you sweat, but it’s nothing like the former.

Yea, man. I've never really taken Buprenorphine for a long period of time. I have lots of experience with Methadone.

I had a meeting with HR at my work that I needed to go well. Everyone in the world knows that I was a Heroin addict. I like to tell people for various reasons. I work with the homeless/addicted/mentally ill. It can bridge pretty huge gaps in trust and understanding with those folks. I also enjoy the childish desire to freak people out. As I'm sober now and was then, it shouldn't have been an issue.

I end up having to ride my bike and it's only 75F outside; nice and temperate. It wasn't until I got off the bike (wind will actually deal with the sweat pretty handily) that I started sweating. I was already in the office waiting by the time I realized I had a mistake. I was sweating so badly 5 minutes into my meeting that I was dripping on the paper. I told her I was riding my bike, which was the reason for the excessive perspiration. That would've worked to a point if the sweat hadn't been unnaturally heavy.

It sucked. It's not like I was accused or anything remotely like that. As a recovering addict though, it's definitely the type of thing you could do without in terms of your trustworthiness. I get how it can be life changing. I eventually developed some systems that helped minimize the problems. They were still significant.

Hi i suffer from sweating , but i also use soboxone and now sweating has increased times 100 . I read its a common side effect of opioides in general . I need the suboxone so i am not planning to quit . Is there anything that can be done for the increased sweating while still keep using suboxone ? ( Not talking about these stupid substance you smear under your armpits)
Sweating is everywhere , forehead, hands, feet, back , armpits. Are there like any medicine or something available ?

Greetings ,
Dude I totally get it!! I'm on subs also after a lifetime on opiates and if I do anything active for more than 2 minutes, I am drenched in sweat. There is nothing that can be done about it. You just have to accept it and have explanations ready for when people ask you why you are sweating so much. It really sucks though and it's embarrassing. I just tell people it's from a medication I'm on. But if you are doing well on subs, then screw the sweating. Fuck it.

Could be your dose is too high but yeah I sweat too. It should go away if you dont increase your dose.

Could be your dose is too high but yeah I sweat too. It should go away if you dont increase your dose.
I go on and off some times i take higher dosis like 1 mg or 1.2 mg then i just dench in sweat if i go to the gym (i go gym daily) but without subs i also sweat alot so subs increased alot .

Greetings ,
Do u feel any kind of withdrawal when you are sweating??and when does it happen or how long after dose and how much are u on daily

Do u feel any kind of withdrawal when you are sweating??and when does it happen or how long after dose and how much are u on daily
I have thought about it being worse duo not knowing my intake . Also i snort it , some days i only take 0.20 and some days 1mg (recreational dose) i have been doing this for some months now. Right now i am tapering , i do notice minor cramps/nausia after like 48 hours . I dont know if wd comes up early because i snort it .