• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Suboxone and increased sweating

Kizaru

Bluelighter
Hi i suffer from sweating , but i also use soboxone and now sweating has increased times 100 . I read its a common side effect of opioides in general . I need the suboxone so i am not planning to quit . Is there anything that can be done for the increased sweating while still keep using suboxone ? ( Not talking about these stupid substance you smear under your armpits)
Sweating is everywhere , forehead, hands, feet, back , armpits. Are there like any medicine or something available ?

Greetings ,

There are not really any any medications for hyperhidrosis. There are some topical things you can be prescribed, but their side effects are pretty bad, and you can't wipe them on your head only other skin.

I feel your pain, though. I've had hyperhidrosis my whole life and it's so incredibly annoying and awkward socially.

I sweat so much people think I'm on drugs even when sober.

There are not really any any medications for hyperhidrosis. There are some topical things you can be prescribed, but their side effects are pretty bad, and you can't wipe them on your head only other skin.

I feel your pain, though. I've had hyperhidrosis my whole life and it's so incredibly annoying and awkward socially.

I use inconsistently . My doses ranges from 0,20 tot a max of 1mg if i do a recreational dose . I am not stabilized on it and the reason i use suboxone is depression (off label) related . While at the same time it cured my heavely ghb addiction ,so i found out suboxone doesnt only treat opioide dependancy it actually could help alot of other heavy addictions in my opinion . Weirdly its strictly fda regulated in the treatment of opioide dependancy . Not like someone ever thought o maybe it could work for alcohlism and i kind of think why ?

Yeah i have the same atm . But i do read there are actually treatments for it which can reduce sweating by 80% at least for the armpits . I usually wear like 5 shirts daily atm :(

The treatment for armpits is called myradry or something and it reduces sweating by 80% and its permanent . But i dont know if this is only for armpits .

I use inconsistently . My doses ranges from 0,20 tot a max of 1mg if i do a recreational dose . I am not stabilized on it and the reason i use suboxone is depression (off label) related . While at the same time it cured my heavely ghb addiction ,so i found out suboxone doesnt only treat opioide dependancy it actually could help alot of other heavy addictions in my opinion . Weirdly its strictly fda regulated in the treatment of opioide dependancy . Not like someone ever thought o maybe it could work for alcohlism and i kind of think why ?
Oh, okay then I guess youre not one I should have been referring to ...

That and trying to keep getting a high from it
Yeah that doesnt work . Some times i take tiny doses (0,10) because even tiny doses do work for depression at least for me . I find suboxone to be a miracle med honestly . But if it didnt have a ceiling effect it would be to addictive . But only bupe has this ceiling effect and it rlly helps alot alot with my other addictions . I am so much more stable on it . And i also like (sometimes) to not have any libido . Seems like suboxone helps my dopamine related addictions i dunno its weird .

Why is it if i take suboxone and diazepam together it exactly feels like i took kratom . This is second time and i was thinking did i took kratom?
No idea, Kratom has such a unique feel and nothing like either.

Why is it if i take suboxone and diazepam together it exactly feels like i took kratom . This is second time and i was thinking did i took kratom?
I cant help you with that one ...
Ive gained benefits from medical opiates/opioids and benzo's in the past
but have had little to none
to speak of from the semi legal alternatives as in kratom and phenibut

there were a few rc's that were the exception

I used to take 1-2MG a day and I would sweat like crazy, it's the reason I quit taking it.

I'm a hothead too. All my life and worse with drugs involved..I haven't noticed it being THAT bad and I take 1-4mg..the days that seems I sweat most are when I just switched back to subs after a binge..this is not PWD but rather seems like I get moving and just drip sweat out of every pour while working.

The treatment for armpits is called myradry or something and it reduces sweating by 80% and its permanent . But i dont know if this is only for armpits .

just like to highlight th word permanent reduction of sweating could be quite unhealthy and not a good long term tradeoff.

It goes away I've found, once you've been on it long enough.

Your body sweats to try & cool down your body temperature. So staying in cool & comfortable clothes & environment is essential.
Not really anything you can do about it & it should go away after you've established a genuine tolerance to buprenorphine.

Long term suboxone might actually cause your dopamine to be in a worse position, btw.
This is only an abstract, but they propose that chronic blockade of your mu-receptors can lead to blocking dopaminergic activity causing anti-reward and relapse potential. - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21948099/

I've always had severe suicidal depression & the only thing that ever made me feel better was opioids. I too got on suboxone in the beginning because I saw it as a legal way to treat my depression. And while it did for the first few years, after almost 7 years of daily use, I would prefer literally any other opioid over buprenorphine. And if the above link is true, then that would explain why my depression has returned. But I'm damned if I come off the subs & I'm damned if I don't.

I'd be much happier & healthier if I could just take pure, clean diacetylmorphine a few times a day.

ye bro i know ...a lot of sweat...if u have oppurtunity to work physically job or get phisically involved its ok.purge the toxins.....later shower.....as to med,which can counteract sweats idk