• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone and hydrocodone questions

GettinMyFeetWet

Greenlighter
OK,

So I was planning on tapering from my 45mg hydro/day habit by using subs.
I had 10 2mg sub. I am on like day 4 and all was going well..I had dropped down to 1mg of sub a day and it was holding me.

Last night I went over to a friends house, I could've SWORN I brought the subs with me, was planning on staying over, and when I got there they weren't in my bag. So I just thought, no biggie, I left it at home, I can go one morning (this morning) without.

I get home this afternoon and CAN NOT FIND THE SUBS. I have 50 7.5mg hydros left, I just took one. Last time I took a sub was at 10pm last night. I know that typically can not get "off" on full agonists for a few days after being on sub, but do they at least keep you from getting sick? If so, what dose should I take just to minimize w.d.'s? Feeling pretty shitty right now. Searching frantically for those orange crosses.

So, again, I have seen plenty of threads about "shooting through" subs, etc.
That is not my question; I have no hope/desire to get high. My question is if a full agonist will HOLD me in the meantime.

Thanks in advance

Yes, after 24 hours they should be able to at least minimize the withdrawals. When I decided to switch back onto the oxycodone for a few days I'd take take some of the oxy after 24 hours and after 48 hours to prevent the withdrawals. I took lower doses than I planned to abuse when the bupe was totally out of my system, which was 72 hours. But they were still effective after 24 hours just to hold the withdrawals. I don't know about any sooner because I waited 24 hours (both times I've done this)

The subs were working so well, that I am thinking of going to a sub doctor.
Some questions I have:

-Do ANY of them accept insurance? (I have anthem BC/BS-it's accepted a LOT of places, very rarely turned down, except for top notch shrinks who *NO PRICES*. For rx I have CVS Caremark, usually pay *NO PRICES* for generics, *NO PRICES* for brand when no generic available, and *NO PRICES* for brand when generic IS available. This is regardless of quantity-for example 10 vicos would be charged at the same rate as 100 vicos.)

-How confidential are they? I would rather my regular pysch doc not know. She prescribes me valium for anxiety. I understand to pass the 5-panel, I'll have to show I have a valid benzo script-will my sub doc contact my psych doc without my knowledge?

-Speaking of 5 panel, I also occasionally indulge in herb. From people's experience, is this an automatic banning from your sub doc? I know all doctors are different; Capt. Heroin I believe says he is rarely tested, while others seem to moan about being tested every time they go for an appointment. Overall, are most sub docs just looking to see that you're not abusing full-agonists? Or are they all hell-bent on keeping you 100% substance free?

I will do my own research, and I know this might get merged into the sub mega-thread, but please leave it be just for a bit. I feel the sub mega-thread is just getting too big for it's own britches-there are so many posts in there I feel many just get lost in the mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey GettinMyFeetWet, I do remember your post about getting off your hydrocodone habit with Suboxone.

As far as your specific questions about Suboxone, the best thing to do is call Sub doctors in your area and just ask if they accept your insurance. Another option is to call your insurance company directly and ask them which doctors they recommend for addiction treatment. Most insurance companies have databases that they can check (with information such as City, ZIP code, etc) to give you recommendations on which doctors to call.

Here is the buprenorphine mega thread, which contains the answers to all your questions. We can't tell you which doctor to see or call, that's something you can find yourself (hint: Google ;)).

I know you think the megathread is too big, and it is getting big, but the information is certainly in there. Feel free to use the search function to find out information regarding insurance, doctors, etc. Again, use Google and search for "Suboxone Doctors", etc.

-How confidential are they? I would rather my regular pysch doc not know. She prescribes me valium for anxiety. I understand to pass the 5-panel, I'll have to show I have a valid benzo script-will my sub doc contact my psych doc without my knowledge?

Doctors are required to be confidential per U.S. privacy laws. Some doctors allow for their patients to be on benzos, others don't. Some doctors drug test, and others don't. These are questions that you should ask the doctor when calling their office - I know it sounds sort of blunt to ask a Sub doctor (or their receptionist) if they accept patients that are on benzo therapy, but you have to remember, all their other patients were in the same situation you're in right now.

*Just a business note, please don't mention prices in your posts, it is against the BLUA.

1. It all depends on what insurance you have. I have Blue Cross and I have to pay a very small fee for visits and prescriptions are cheaper than most of my others. Methadone cost more for me than Suboxone. I don't know about your insurance, nobody can tell you that. I'd tell you the prices but they are against the rules.

2. My Suboxone doctor is confidential. My psychiatrist doesn't know that I am on Suboxone. There is no reason for me to bring it up or my psych will take me off my Adderall.

3. My Suboxone doctor usually gives me a drug test every month and it is a pain in the ass because he won't let me on any controlled substances or he won't see me. I have to stop my Adderall for 3 days out of every month so it doesn't show up. I had to quit the benzodiazepines. I smoked marijuana once a week before my drug test and he scolded me and made me have to take a drug test every week until he was certain I was no longer smoking marijuana. It was a bitch because my Sub doctor is 45 minutes away and I hate having to pay for an appointment more than just a month.

A ton of sub doctors try to capitalize on you, and make a ton of money off you. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance as well, and it took me quite a few phone calls to find something legitimate. Most of the doctors said their "sub program" was totally separate and wanted all kinds of money out of pocket to get started on the program. It took alot of calling around to find a doctor who worked in a regular fashion, with the standard co-pays and would just write a script for it, without asking for all kinds of money. Many insurances don't cover suboxone, so people find themselves paying out of pocket for it quite frequently, that's why so many people go to the black market for it. If your insurance covers it, it will most likely be a Tier 3 drug, so be prepared for the higher co-pays. It sure beats the cost of any heroin, oxy, hydromorphone habit etc.

It sure beats the cost of any heroin, oxy, hydromorphone habit etc.

You sure got that right. I was paying much more than a thousand dollars a week for all that bullshit. Not trying to dick size, just comparing the horrid prices.

Hey,

Thanx for the replies, sorry about the pricing, I know illicit sourcing pricing isn't allowed, but I didn't know it also applied to insurance co-pays.

Cyrax, that sucks, it's so pathetic how many Dr.'s seem to use the Hippocratic Oath as TP once they get set up. Between big pharma kick backs and using an addict's desperation as a way to line their pockets, doctors are starting to seem more shady than lawyers in my book.

K'd Out, so you got scolded, but didn't get the boot? I can deal with a bit of a tongue lashing now and then, so long as it doesn't come with a kick out the door. And isn't it sad how d-amp can be out of your system in 3 days, but weed takes months?

Hey,

Thanx for the replies, sorry about the pricing, I know illicit sourcing pricing isn't allowed, but I didn't know it also applied to insurance co-pays.

Cyrax, that sucks, it's so pathetic how many Dr.'s seem to use the Hippocratic Oath as TP once they get set up. Between big pharma kick backs and using an addict's desperation as a way to line their pockets, doctors are starting to seem more shady than lawyers in my book.

K'd Out, so you got scolded, but didn't get the boot? I can deal with a bit of a tongue lashing now and then, so long as it doesn't come with a kick out the door. And isn't it sad how d-amp can be out of your system in 3 days, but weed takes months?

No, I didn't get kicked out but I don't know if this applies everywhere. I have been on it for over a year and he knew me well and knew I was trying to get clean. If it was within the first couple months I may have gotten the boot. Especially within the first few weeks, I know I would have gotten kicked out.

Well I'm glad d-amp is out of your system in only 3 days and not a month because then I wouldn't be able to still take it. I don't usually smoke weed and I only would if I didn't have to take a drug test that month. My doctor rarely forgets to give me my monthly drug test. I was on a roll once when he forgot to give it to me for a couple months. He told me if I continued to use controlled substances he wouldn't see me anymore, so basically I just got a warning. I was lucky once when I took Percocet like 3 days before my drug test and passed.

The key is to find one you like. My sub doc doesnt drug test or require any kinda counseling. I have yet to find a sub doctor that accepts insurance but YMMV. Overall I like sub maintenance but its not perfect

Searching my insurance webpage now for providers..
which acronyms can actually prescribe?
Under addiction counseling, I am coming up with:
LADC, LMFT, LCSW, and LSWL
Are these all just glorified MSWs who can not prescribe meds?

I have no idea...I personally recommend speaking on the phone with an operator/customer service rep with your insurance company, I have the same insurance that you do and their website didn't make any sense.

Just give them a call. :)

Thanx for changing the title, whoever was responsible for that. Makes more sense.
Had a good night tonight, drank a bit while watching the HUSKIES dominate. :)
Will worry about my shit show tomorrow, I guess.

Hello do you guys know if blue cross will cover suboxone if you show up positive for your drug test with thc? I live in Cali and have a legitimate medical Marajuana card ..