• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

suboxone and heroin

Status
Not open for further replies.

aibreann

Greenlighter
I took one suboxone pill couple hours ago. Is is safe to take heroin today and will I feel the effects?

I don't know about safe but it's likely to be a waste. I wouldn't expect to get high if i were you

Buprenorphine will significantly blunt the perceived effects of your Heroin and you might not even feel anything. With this in mind, this question is not really a matter requiring immediate attention for Harm Reduction purposes.

24 hours later, your good. you will feel partial at12-24. Also depends on how sub you take.

I took one suboxone pill couple hours ago. Is is safe to take heroin today and will I feel the effects?
Buprenorphine has a rather lenghty half life elimination period,so they clog your receptors for a rather long time,you wont feel the full effects of a proper full agonist until at least 48 hours at the very least.. Thats not to say you wont feel it at all,you will have to adjust your dose upwards a fair amount,needless to say this is fairly perilous..especially now when most of the "heroin" isnt diamorphine but mostly some fentanyl analogue mixed with a tiny amount of heroin or some other "proto analogue" of heroin like powdered morphine. Be careful friend,its a good sign your here asking these questions,there are a lot of knowledgeable people with a descent understanding of pharmacology here ..good luck,feel free to dm me with any question if you like but its best to keep it in open threads so others can benefit from the same info .

So I relapsed and used Iv for 6 days after being clean for 7 days i lowered my use from a bun a day to 4 bags a day i last used at 7pm last night but took tylenol #3 this morning for back pain when can i start taking my suboxone i dont want to go into pw

The only answer to this question that you should approach with seriousness is "when you begin to feel serious Opioid withdrawal". It's not based on any kind of specific time frame really, given the fact that everybody's physiology is different. Further complicating this situation, Opioids aside from Heroin/Morphine like Fentanyl and its analogs are now extremely common, so whatever shaky ground we previously had with which to guess from, is pretty much gone.

I'm closing this, because there are a ton of other threads open dedicated to the exact same question and the answer is always going to be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.