• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone and heroin

MPRebel06

Greenlighter
I took 4mg Suboxone at 9 am and it is now 630 pm will be ok to do heroin now or how long should I wait?

Just an update it has been 12 hours since I took my 4mg dose of Suboxone and I just took a shot (about .25) of black tar heroin and didn't get thrown into withdrawals.

you got it backwards, doing heroin after suboxone wont put you into withdrawals, it just wont do anything

suboxone will block the effect of opiates if taken in doses above 2mg. for me personally ive found the timeframe to be:

2mg: 1 day of blocking, 4mg: 2 days of blocking, 8mg: 3 days of blocking

and it kind of plateaus after that but honestly ive never taken more than 8mg a day and only did that once really to see if it was any different than 4mg (it wasnt)

I got a good nod but I was pretty tired as well so your right I just didn't really get high like I hoped

Yeah man you can take dope on top of subs. But the problem happens when you've been on dope for a while and take subs too soon. That's called precipitated withdrawal, and it happens because buprenorphine's bindng affinity to the opioid receptors is higher than almost the entire range of the opioids, so you'd have, say, heroin bound to your receptors, and then take subs, and the buprenorphine comes in and knocks all the H off your receptors. It's almost the same as if you were on H and you were hit with narcan.

Because of it's higher binding affinity, if you've taken subs, any dope you use will likely be wasted depending on how much buprenorphine you took and when you took it. The H will not dislodge it, and many people overdose because they try to break through the "buprenorphine blockade" with a higher dose than usual, and they don't get much of a buzz but they still OD from respiratory depression.

I'd choose one or the other. Buprenorphine is for getting off of dope.

Edit: You slam a 1/4g of dope at once? Jesus, man. Be careful.

Last edited:
Honestly .25 of average-mediocre BTH is not an unreasonable amount, it's actually a pretty average amount for a dose. I've been off and on it for bout 4 yrs now (this most recent period of use I'm only being about 7 months in, and i already am back to doing .20-.25 per shot, 3x a day AT LEAST. (More like 5x a day when i'm actually trying to get loaded...) Thank God i have one of the better connects in my local area.. His prices are significantly lower than every other douchebag, wanna-be "hustla" in my town.. He does things that way to keep steady business coming in of course, but he told me the biggest reason overall to make sure all his clients and/or friends were always well and happy, as well as supporting his own financial and dope requirements.
On the other hand, if the quality is FIRE, like it is a good 2/3 of the time, i can cut that amount down to more like .10 per dose and get the same or possibly even stronger effect than i would get from the much larger dose of the normal dose of the average street level dope.
The main thing that SUCKS about BTH, is how unpredictable potency is. The potency of BTH fluctuates wildly, even over really short periods of time. Hell, you can break off 2 different pieces of the same ounce that are the same size, and one of the pieces could be weak while the other knocks you the FUCK out.. i must add, that when you get your hands on those less common, suuper killerrrr batches of BTH, it rocks your motherfucking WORLD!( IMO even more than average-good potency #3 and #4 powder H.)

Last edited:
Yeah .25 is about average for me but about a year ago in the height of my addiction it was a half gram per shot

I consider ~.25mg to be about an average size shot as well assuming the quality of the dope is average, not great not shit.

I usually do it at .1/shot, if the dope happens to be fire that holds me nicely, if not and the dope is average, I load up another .1 right behind it. So yeah, .2-.25 ain't to far from realistic with average strength Shit.

Just make sure to wait a while before you start back up on solo Subs if you've been doing BTH by itself for a stretch. If you rush into subs too soon after your last shot, you're going to go through hell.

I agree with what has already been said: do one or the other because doing both at the same time is a waste in so many ways.

And I know I don't need to say it, but please be safe.

Yeah, if your habit was heavy, like in upwards of .5/g of fire to upwards of 1g a day of average, you would want to wait a good 36 hours at least before sub induction. But like mentioned before, you gotta gauge how sick you are from withdrawal to really tell if youre ready. I found a good tool for this us using the COWS sheet to gauge how badly you are in Withdrawal. It is the clinical opiate withdrawal scale. If I rate into high moderate to severe withdrawal, then most likely I am ready for suboxone. Sometimes it could be as early as 12 hours, sometimes I have to wait in excess of 24-36 hours. But that's what I use to fund out.

I am with phil mckeer on this. Choose one or the other. The more you jump back and forth, the less the bupe will help you.

Hang onto the bupe for when you want to stop.