• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone and fentanyl precipitated wds

Fentanyl's metabolite norfentanyl is the main culprit due to its long elimination time and strong lipophillic properties!!!

For comfort meds the best things to have for a detox is the following...

Clonidine - 0.2mg every 6 hours
Hydroxyzine - 50mg every 6 hours
Trazodone - 50 to 100mg at night
Loperamide - 12 to 24mg every 6 to 12 hours but this must be tapered as well somewhat

Those are must haves for home detox and a doctor will prescribe this regimen but add ons are adviced like...

Long acting benzos such as clonazepam - 2mg every 12 hours is decent
One of the z class benzos like ambien would be nice instead of trazodone

I once detoxed pretty painless with daily benzo doses of clonazepam - 6mg every 8 hours, loperamide - 40mg every 8 hours, both clonidine and hydroxyzine, and two nightly doses of GHB in increasing amounts to g myself into sleep!!!

That detox wasnt too bad to be honest because I was so looped out?

I think others have beaten me to the punch here, but I'll still chime in. In general, you don't want to induct Buprenorphine at a dosage as high as 8mg. I understand that this is the common dosage form for a lot of people, but don't get it wrong, this is a powerful Opioid agonist and 8mg is a fairly hefty dose all things considered.

You just need to wait longer and you will have a much easier time by inducting using miniscule amounts of the tablet/strip at a time. I'm talking about crumbs, pieces etc. Put a little under your tongue, wait 15 minutes and see how you feel. If you feel that tingle of withdrawal, it's time to stop and wait longer. If you feel better, you can continue increasing the Buprenorphine dosage stepwise on your way to the appropriate dosage.

It's kind of shitt, because most treatment centers are not aware of or otherwise do not condone "microdosing" of Buprenorphine, but it has been demonstrated time and again to be an effective bulwark against the potential for severe precipitated withdrawal.

Fentanyl's metabolite norfentanyl is the main culprit due to its long elimination time and strong lipophillic properties!!!

For comfort meds the best things to have for a detox is the following...

Clonidine - 0.2mg every 6 hours
Hydroxyzine - 50mg every 6 hours
Trazodone - 50 to 100mg at night
Loperamide - 12 to 24mg every 6 to 12 hours but this must be tapered as well somewhat

Those are must haves for home detox and a doctor will prescribe this regimen but add ons are adviced like...

Long acting benzos such as clonazepam - 2mg every 12 hours is decent
One of the z class benzos like ambien would be nice instead of trazodone

I once detoxed pretty painless with daily benzo doses of clonazepam - 6mg every 8 hours, loperamide - 40mg every 8 hours, both clonidine and hydroxyzine, and two nightly doses of GHB in increasing amounts to g myself into sleep!!!

That detox wasnt too bad to be honest because I was so looped out?
question, would it make the best sense to switch out the fent to a snort acting like (oxy,Vic, morph) because at 96 hours the worst is almost behind you right???? Also what about medium acting opiate like extended release morph orally with PW?

Edit: wait isn’t oxycodone one of the most fat responsive??? Don’t they recommend consuming fat in their own packets.???

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. I've detoxed heroin many times but never fentanyl. When I dosed suboxone I started at 2mg and after an hour upped it to 8. I thought 48 hours would be enough but I had no idea fentanyl hung around like methadone. Is it lipophilic?
Idk what Lipophilic mean but the reason Fent takes so long because it stores in your fat cells like weed.

This is my first post so bear with me please. I am at 72 hours opiate free. I took 8mg suboxone at 48 hrs clean and still got precipitated wds. Does anyone have any advice when I'll be safe to dose suboxone?
Whew 8 mg is a hell of a dose. If you ever go thru it again try to break it down to like .5 milligrams and dose every hour if its not making you feel worse.

Whew 8 mg is a hell of a dose. If you ever go thru it again try to break it down to like .5 milligrams and dose every hour if its not making you feel worse.
You'd think so but I was detoxing from a mix of dihydrocodeine, morphine and tapentadol last year and I had to go up to 8mg of buprenorphine to not feel the withdrawal.
I wasn't using crazy high doses but I was forced to take a whole tab of buprenorphine to feel well.

Been injecting heroin since January now and I want to quit opioids for good at this point after 5 years as I'm fed up with getting stuck in withdrawal because of sourcing issues and I am wondering how much buprenorphine I'll need.
My guess is I was probably swallowing a lot of it back when I tried it before instead of having it sublingually; the oral bioavailability is crap so that's likely the reason why I had to use so much coming off still reasonable doses of opioids.
I will start low and try and take it properly this time as much as possible.

You'd think so but I was detoxing from a mix of dihydrocodeine, morphine and tapentadol last year and I had to go up to 8mg of buprenorphine to not feel the withdrawal.
I wasn't using crazy high doses but I was forced to take a whole tab of buprenorphine to feel well.

Been injecting heroin since January now and I want to quit opioids for good at this point after 5 years as I'm fed up with getting stuck in withdrawal because of sourcing issues and I am wondering how much buprenorphine I'll need.
My guess is I was probably swallowing a lot of it back when I tried it before instead of having it sublingually; the oral bioavailability is crap so that's likely the reason why I had to use so much coming off still reasonable doses of opioids.
I will start low and try and take it properly this time as much as possible.
The most important part is giving yourself time in between. If you can go 48 hrs from your last dose until you take the sub, you will almost definitely feel way better, and shouldn’t need to take that much. I say start with a microdose because of PWD, theres levels to that shit and the last time i got it was so crazy i thought i was dying. Anyways good luck, i just started my sub again this morning after a little 5 day relapse.

I personally went thru this a month ago

I used about 16-20 mg of loperamide a day to take away wd from a fentanyl/heroin habit. Taking about 3-4 pills every 8 hrs or so.

They take about an hour to start working.

They hit max effectiveness at 6-16 hours.

They can last a day or so

I would start at 8-10 mg n wait a few hours n see if it helps

Don’t go crazy you don’t need a ton of lope

It will take away all wd except the restless legs and complete lack of energy

I waited 7 days to induct (not by choice I didn’t decide to get sub script til day 3 I was going to just cold turkey til I realized how long fent was gonna take compared to dope. Then signed up online to get sub) then dosed the absolute tiniest piece of sub to make sure the lope or fentanyl wasn’t going to cause pwd

Nothing bad happened so I took 1 mg. Felt somewhat better. Took another 1 mg later. Been maintaining on 2-4 mg a day dosing 1-2 mg at a time

It went fine. Absolutely no issue.