• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Suboxone “Snorting Suboxone”

Numbawonsumdumguy

Greenlighter
So I’ve been getting the suboxone film for some time now. Anyways, I had a problem with this pharmacy so I asked my dr sending my script to this other pharmacy and long story short they gave me the 8mg pink hexagon shape pills w an “8” on em. Can I get high snorting these or any other wonderful ideas for these little beauties?!

I'd snort or take orally I'm against shooting pills
I was going to snort it but someone told it puts you in precipitated withdrawal. I didn’t know if that was factual or not but I’ve been in p.w. far more often than I’ve liked to have been & just wanted some answers.

I was going to snort it but someone told it puts you in precipitated withdrawal. I didn’t know if that was factual or not but I’ve been in p.w. far more often than I’ve liked to have been & just wanted some answers.
man, just eat them....dont waste yr lovely nasal septum on bupe witj naloxone. save it for something thst is really worth it.

Does anyone know if this is true or not, in regards to PW? I had the same question as OP, so I was wondering what benefits snorting would have, if any?

if you have the suboxone pills not films, definetley snort them. its the only way i will take them. the BA is like 52% as opposed to sublingually which is like 30% or something. and when you snort them you actually get buzz. but to get the best euphoric feeling snort 2mg at a time. because at that dose you get more of the bupenorphine and its metabolite norbupe. which affects the opiod receptors and acts more as an opiate. when you get higher doses of it in the body it starts acting more as a maintence drug as in to keep you well and block the receptors from other opiates affecting you. i know all this from personal experience not just from stuff i read

I always snort my suboxone, no matter what and I have the strips.

Don't have to deal with that nasty ass orange tasting BS.

Spoon.. few drops of water.. 2-4 mg give it 5 mins mix it up and up the nose it goes!

same way they do it in prison.

So I used to snort suboxone for many years but eventually switched to sublingual once I got the technique down. (Yea there’s technique..)

I started with the orange hexagon suboxone 8mg.

You can snort them but the feel is different. It’s more of a stimulating high. I’ve never precipitated but then again I’ve shot suboxone and not precipitated either so..

-GC

it’s better sublingual.

when i snort it i get 45 minutes of light withdrawal (clammy skin). even though subs are the only thing i’m using. i don’t care if the science behind it says this is or isn’t possible; i’m 100 percent positive that i do.

it’s better sublingual.

when i snort it i get 45 minutes of light withdrawal (clammy skin). even though subs are the only thing i’m using. i don’t care if the science behind it says this is or isn’t possible; i’m 100 percent positive that i do.

you’re not withdrawaling. You’re allergic to the
naloxone and when you snort it more naloxone is absorbed into your system.

many people do not react well to naloxone, myself included. It’s bullshit they don’t prescribe subutex like they really should.

^very well may be. i make no claim of understanding why, but i definitely get unwanted effects from snorting it. which is fine. no point in damaging my sinuses and lungs when sublingual works.

i spit it out after the orange taste is gone. crude when i take it in the morning rushing out the door and spit from my bike at a red light, but i'm not swallowing that stuff.

Last edited:
if you have the suboxone pills not films, definetley snort them. its the only way i will take them. the BA is like 52% as opposed to sublingually which is like 30% or something. and when you snort them you actually get buzz. but to get the best euphoric feeling snort 2mg at a time. because at that dose you get more of the bupenorphine and its metabolite norbupe. which affects the opiod receptors and acts more as an opiate. when you get higher doses of it in the body it starts acting more as a maintence drug as in to keep you well and block the receptors from other opiates affecting you. i know all this from personal experience not just from stuff i read

This isn't my thread, but I just wanted to say thanks for your input here. I have referred to this website many times in my life, but only recently actually joined. I have wanted to get off of my drug of choice which has been opioids. So, I went to the clinic and they are not giving me suboxone common but I feel like they do absolutely nothing! Do you have any other suggestions to get more before you out of it?

This isn't my thread, but I just wanted to say thanks for your input here. I have referred to this website many times in my life, but only recently actually joined. I have wanted to get off of my drug of choice which has been opioids. So, I went to the clinic and they are not giving me suboxone common but I feel like they do absolutely nothing! Do you have any other suggestions to get more before you out of it?

Perhaps you can be a bit more specific as to what you are trying to "get out of it"? Are you referring to withdrawal relief or are you trying to catch a high off buprenorphine? The answer will differ depending on the question. :\

If you're looking for a high that would vary greatly on your tolerance. Generally if one is tolerant enough that one is going on buprenorphine for maintenance one's tolerance is to high to get "high" off buprenorphine. If you're just trying to increase the B/A as has been stated you can consume the buprenorphine nasally. Or one can add a little high proof alcohol to ones mouth before application for a B/A increase. Either method will increase B/A though IIRC nasallly is still higher. The buprenorphine has a higher binding affinity than the nalaxone if the buprenorphine you have is Suboxone so the route of admin is irrelevant in terms of P/W if you're worried about that. Just stick to the rules regarding buprenorphine itself regarding P/W.

When you say they do absolutely nothing are you saying they don't even cover withdrawals? If so the dose is not correct or considerably less likely you're tolerance is to high for buprenorphine. We'd need further information either way to properly answer your question but I hope what I've provided in the meantime helps a bit.

Perhaps you can be a bit more specific as to what you are trying to "get out of it"? Are you referring to withdrawal relief or are you trying to catch a high off buprenorphine? The answer will differ depending on the question. :\

If you're looking for a high that would vary greatly on your tolerance. Generally if one is tolerant enough that one is going on buprenorphine for maintenance one's tolerance is to high to get "high" off buprenorphine. If you're just trying to increase the B/A as has been stated you can consume the buprenorphine nasally. Or one can add a little high proof alcohol to ones mouth before application for a B/A increase. Either method will increase B/A though IIRC nasallly is still higher. The buprenorphine has a higher binding affinity than the nalaxone if the buprenorphine you have is Suboxone so the route of admin is irrelevant in terms of P/W if you're worried about that. Just stick to the rules regarding buprenorphine itself regarding P/W.

When you say they do absolutely nothing are you saying they don't even cover withdrawals? If so the dose is not correct or considerably less likely you're tolerance is to high for buprenorphine. We'd need further information either way to properly answer your question but I hope what I've provided in the meantime helps a bit.
I’ve never heard that one’s tolerance can be too high for bupenorphrine. Do you mean a tolerance for opiates is too high for it work? I’ve had trouble with the Suboxone induction. I’ve been smoking BTH for about 3 years and had a pretty severe OC addiction (snorting) for 10 years before that. No one I’ve ever talked to has done the amount of OCs I used to do in a day. I’ve suspected that my tolerance is all fucked up. Especially with street heroin possibly being cut with fentanyl.

I’ve never heard that one’s tolerance can be too high for bupenorphrine. Do you mean a tolerance for opiates is too high for it work? I’ve had trouble with the Suboxone induction. I’ve been smoking BTH for about 3 years and had a pretty severe OC addiction (snorting) for 10 years before that. No one I’ve ever talked to has done the amount of OCs I used to do in a day. I’ve suspected that my tolerance is all fucked up. Especially with street heroin possibly being cut with fentanyl.

Yes that is what I'm saying. I'm sorry I don't have time at the moment to link you to literature regarding it. I'll try to give you a quick idea though & check back next time I'm on. Buprenorphine is a partial MOR agonist. It is also KOR & DOR antagonist. Buprenorphine posses a "ceiling effect" which methadone does not.
There is not an "official" number of mg where Methadone is the preferred medication that I'm aware of. A cursory glance at arbitrary mg limits seem to indicate that if you need 80mg or more of methadone that buprenorphine would be ineffective. At least that's the number that I'm seeing. I have no idea how accurate that number is BTW. It's just a number that some places seem to use when determining if one is a better candidate for bupeprenorphine (Suboxone) or methadone.

From personal & anecdotal experience buprenorphine can cover some relatively huge habits but it can also vary a large degree from person to person. Without doing the whole "dick sizing" thing I'm sure there are others on BL that have taken similar dosages. I for example would likely be one of those others. Though OC was never my go to I'm quite experienced with it & opioids in general. I'm sure your doses aren't any more excessive than some of the rest of us. ;)

If you convert the amount of oxycodone into methadone using a calculator or equivalency chart you may be able to better determine if the dosage you need would be to high for Suboxone. Like I said I'm in a hurry ATM but if you'd like more information regarding the topic feel free to PM me. Or just reply in this thread & I'll respond accordingly next time I log on. Without knowing the actual numbers I can't really speak to whether or not your tolerance is "all fucked up".

As for street heroin being cut with fentanyl... I'm not as familiar with west coast "dope" but from what I've heard / seen in the US most "dope" at this point is closer to "insert random fentanyl analogue / RC Opiod / Isotonitazene / etc" cut with heroin than it is to heroin cut with fent. 😢

A lot of "dope" now a days doesn't even test positive for ANY heroin in it. "Random cuts/shit with Fent (RC, ISO, ETC.) sprinkled on top" as I say. So you can't really determine much about tolerance based off of street "dope". Though as I stated I'm not to familiar with west coast. I'm not familiar with BTH / smoking by comparison. I'm more familiar with ECP. Regardless "dope" is to inconsistent to draw tolerance information from. I'm beginning to ramble though in my haste to reply. Like I said just reply here or PM me if you'd like more info on Suboxone, buprenorphine, tolerance, induction, etc. As my signature says.. ;)

it’s better sublingual.

Yeah no u dont.

^very well may be. i make no claim of understanding why, but i definitely get unwanted effects from snorting it. which is fine. no point in damaging my sinuses and lungs when sublingual works.

i spit it out after the orange taste is gone. crude when i take it in the morning rushing out the door and spit from my bike at a red light, but i'm not swallowing that stuff.
My doctor actually told me to spit it out because youll absorb less of the nalaxone that way. Apparently nalaxone doesnt break down like the bupe in your gi so spitting it is for the best.

I don’t doubt I’m on the wrong thread, but I have serious questions about bupe versus methadone. I’m day 10 into a bupe detox and I’m coming down off of 2mg a day, after two months of fast taper to under a mg a day. And I was so sick a few nights ago that I had 80mg of methadone and kept taking more until all my wd symptoms went away, sort of, but i took the whole 80mg. My research tells me 8mg of bupe should equal 60mg of methadone but I don’t see how this is true. Perhaps I was too sick to be pulled out with just a little? Does anyone know?

IF you're already using and dependent upon Buprenorphine, there is no reason why using it by a different route of administration would cause you to go into precipitated withdrawal. This syndrome only applies to folks who use Buprenorphine while dependent upon straight Opioid agonists like Heroin. You should be in no danger by choosing to use a different route of administration.

Just a public disclaimer. I have known several individuals who have experienced severe complications from injecting Buprenorphine. I don't know what exactly is causing these complications, but from where I'm standing, it would seem that Buprenorphine has a tendency to create complications relative to other drugs.

With that in mind, the best alternative routes of administration for this drug are either insufflation or rectal administration. There are significant bioavailability differences here that you need to be aware of.

Buprenorphine BA

Oral - Insignificant

Sublingual - ~30%

Insufflation - 50%

Rectal - 60%

Injection - 100~

These figures are all approximate, but pretty close. Essentially, if you choose to insufflate your normal dose of Buprenorphine, you will almost double the potency. Just be mindful of the fact that if you start using your Buprenorphine this way, you could become dependent upon it to the point where a sublingual dose simply won't be enough.

As always, I would recommend using this drug rectally. It is a far more pleasant experience and isn't harmful to the sinuses like snorting powder is. I find that using Opioids by the rectal route produces a much more pronounced "body high"" than when used by other routes. It's the closest thing to using by injection if you ask me.e

Let us know if you have any questions.

IF you're already using and dependent upon Buprenorphine, there is no reason why using it by a different route of administration would cause you to go into precipitated withdrawal. This syndrome only applies to folks who use Buprenorphine while dependent upon straight Opioid agonists like Heroin. You should be in no danger by choosing to use a different route of administration.

Just a public disclaimer. I have known several individuals who have experienced severe complications from injecting Buprenorphine. I don't know what exactly is causing these complications, but from where I'm standing, it would seem that Buprenorphine has a tendency to create complications relative to other drugs.

With that in mind, the best alternative routes of administration for this drug are either insufflation or rectal administration. There are significant bioavailability differences here that you need to be aware of.

Buprenorphine BA

Oral - Insignificant

Sublingual - ~30%

Insufflation - 50%

Rectal - 60%

Injection - 100~

These figures are all approximate, but pretty close. Essentially, if you choose to insufflate your normal dose of Buprenorphine, you will almost double the potency. Just be mindful of the fact that if you start using your Buprenorphine this way, you could become dependent upon it to the point where a sublingual dose simply won't be enough.

As always, I would recommend using this drug rectally. It is a far more pleasant experience and isn't harmful to the sinuses like snorting powder is. I find that using Opioids by the rectal route produces a much more pronounced "body high"" than when used by other routes. It's the closest thing to using by injection if you ask me.e

Let us know if you have any questions.
thanks for the info..I myself snort my bupe pills