• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxen

Pigspussypork

Greenlighter
Is there anything I can take to help me feel my suboxen more? Something natural like orange juice or grapefruits juice? What kind of catalysts are out there for this type of thing? I ruined my opiod receptors by taking such large amounts of loperamide for the last year. I am looking to try to open the back up with something. Thanks!

I never experienced much subjectively at those high doses. The best euphoria comes between 2 and 4 mg per 24 hours, otherwise your mu-opioid receptors become so saturated with a partial agonist opioid it's impossible to feel it (in my decade long experience with buprenorphine)

I was taking around a hundred pills daily... I really think I have done long term damage to myself. I have been off the loperamide for like 3 months now and still cannot feel shit like I used too.

Doesn't high dose loperamide pose much more significant risks to other vital organs since it doesn't easily cross the blood brain barrier?

I mean I really never had any dangerous effects from taking it. I have heard from alot of people that it can easily kill you but I believe these folks were taking upwards of 220 pills or more daily. But even the amount I was taking was giving me a decent high that lasted all day. The problem is I believe it destroyed my opiate receptors for possibly the rest of my life... it definetly crossed the barrier though. I couldn't believe how well it worked. But now I can't even feel my suboxen. It barely makes me feel normal.

The problem is I believe it destroyed my opiate receptors for possibly the rest of my life

I’m a bit out of my depth of knowledge here in regards to loperamide, but I can’t fathom how it’s ability to bind to a specific receptor could damage them.

Thats just the problem here... nobody knows jack shit about loperamide. But I have spoken to several other people, not alot mind you, but others that have the same problem as myself. One person I spoke to said he is having the same problem as myself 6 months after stopping lope. I just cant find anyone who knows anything really in depth about it because it has not been researched at all. I just want to know if there is any natural product I can take to maybe help my receptors heal, or at least to help me feel the subs. more.

From what I can gather, the reason such high doses are necessary is because of the enyzme Cytochrome P450 3A4, which almost completely metabolizes loperamide during first pass, at normal doses preventing the majority of it from reaching systemic circulation. I'm assuming you drank grapefruit juice or something similar to inhibit that enzyme's ability and thus allowing loperamide to reach systemic circulation. Then, it's next obstacle is it's inability to cross the blood brain barrier well due to the transporter p-glycoprotein. High doses are required to overwhelm it and cross the BBB, but once it reaches the brain, it appears to act no different than any other exogenous opioids in terms of neurotoxicity or brain damage. I can't find much that would suggest otherwise, but I'd be interested to learn further.

So you think what I am saying might have some validity in terms of receptor damage in the long term. I just pray that its possible for opiate receptors to repair themselves. Although I have never read any research in regards to that. But you say grapefruit juice might help with suboxen as well?

Loperamide might possess some relatively unique neurotoxic potential as it has MPTP like metabolites. I also recall reading some questionable west african article which describes loperamides tendency (in rats) to deplete acetycholine, in turn resulting in the accumulation of neurotoxic reactive oxygen species.

I don't see how this would "destroy" opioid receptors specifically however, but it seems to have other implications. This phenomenon would only really be relevant at high doses.

I have seen however a number of anectodal reports where high dose loperamide use has been reported as causing opioid insensitivity but I have no reason to believe that this isn't simply a form of a downregulation. Downregulation might he considered as a form of temporary "damage" I suppose.

Look man, Like DERU said, also I'v tried everything in last years taking Bupe, If you take 8mg or more you just cannot feel high in terms that it acumulates in days, and you always have that partial agonist effects that gives you no euphoria just block them!
Try to take max 2-4 mg and if you can, try skip a day, Buprenorphine-s half life is 24-36 hrs. Trust me 8 or more mg will just give you more side-effects

Ok but have you taken loperamide before? And if you have did you take it for a long time? At this point forget I ever said anything about suboxen. SO after you stopped taking the loperamide (if you could) , were you able to feel any other opiates? This is my maine question. I believe the loperamide did something to my receptors because after quitting, 3 months later I could not feel opiates at all unless I used an insane amount. I am talking about not catching a nod even after banging a gram of H. I know how suboxen works. I am just saying, I think my receptors are shot, and hopefully they can get better. I am telling you this is a real thing for people that have taken loperamide for a year or more in high doeses.

Yes I tried loperamide but never in to high doses and few times honestly, but this is the first time I heard about burned opioid receptors or shot, Loperamide is a derivative of haloperidol but does not cross BBB, only in HIGH doses but I only felt akwardly sedated on high dose I took 15 2mg or something like it.
On wiki there is a lot errors about LOPE so anything is possible man, maybe you right I never used it as a recreational drug, only when accidentally was without Subutex couple days to stay hidrated because of every 5 mins diarrhea!

Yes I hear you. I have been off the lope now for 4 months so I am past the withdrawl symptoms. So I have gotten over the shits. Its was just a bummer to me that when I tried to get high I couldn't. BUT its ok. Because I am not trying to get high anymore. Me asking about the receptors is the addict in me hoping that one day I'll be able to get high again. But in actuality I dont ever need to do that again. I really appreciate the words and thoughts from you guys, so thank you.