• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe sublocade

zagor

Bluelighter
My doctor claims that if I take 2-3 shots of sublocade which he says stays in your body for months, is the best and easiest way to quit dope. Whatever the doctors say I take with a barrel of salt. Has anyone used it and what was your experience?

My doctor claims that if I take 2-3 shots of sublocade which he says stays in your body for months, is the best and easiest way to quit dope. Whatever the doctors say I take with a barrel of salt. Has anyone used it and what was your experience?
Yes that's the right attitude. Here's what you should ask him. How is it that the drug stays in the body and is released slowly over time? A: because it's injected subcutaneously into a hard Matrix of a polymer that has caused patients to have to have it surgically removed it's called tissue necrosis when it happens. It leaves a hole in your skin. Question number two: two or three months doctor isn't that enough time for me to become habituated to the buprenorphine.? A: more than enough. Given that bupe has a half-life of 3+ days, there's no medical justification to take it any more frequently than once daily. In clinical studies before it became Suboxone and Subutex, every other day dosing was shown to be just as effective at suppressing withdrawal symptoms. But if people want to get high they're going to want to take it everyday and soon it's going to stop working. No idea how long you've taken opioids or why your doc has picked the magic number of 2-3 months (people have a very hard time quitting buprenorphine... bluelight is full of stories of people struggling to do so, and the rare triumph is someone who does )

But don't take my word for it look up tissue necrosis from sublocade. Oh I almost forgot about a quarter of these patients on it complain that it doesn't hold them for the entire time! They get dope sick. Visit drugs.com and read their user reviews (always a great resource) for Sublocade

Finally it's worth asking: how much do you get paid for administering Sublocade?

Last edited:
Sublocade is a horrible idea if buprenorphine helps your cravings.

Lower daily/intermittent dosing is better for cravings, as your blood levels will drop & raise, which will give you a slight effect each time you take it.

Having something release high dose buprenorphine and keeping you in a constant steady state, you'll eventually feel nothing from buprenorphine.
But if your goal is to honestly quit opioids altogether, then it might help. But if you're like me and don't mind being dependent on an opioid, then sublocade is a bad route to go.

Bupe has nothing to do with my cravings because it killed the feel for opium in me permanently. But Im afraid Im addicted to bupe because of depression. So if I go doctor's way, the depression could hit me too hard. Not only depression it helps for restlessness.

So I guess I better wean off. slowly, even by grain size if needed, rather than get injected, get that lump on my stomach and go into the unknown.

Nothing can "kill the feeling of opium permanently", idk what you mean by that.

But yeah, you are dependent on the bupe because it helps your depression & it only helps your depression because your blood levels spike & drop & you feel effects from it each day. With the injection, you wouldn't feel these ups & downs and you'd be right back to feeling depressed anyway, which will most likely lead to cravings (for bupe or otherwise). This can also happen from taking high doses of bupe daily for an extended period.