• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Sublocade 300mg - I am Afraid. Experienced Users, What Should I Expect?

OpiatEuphoriaReturns

Bluelighter
Hello, My Fellow Blue Lighters.
I am about to transition from 9 years on Suboxone Tablets to Sublocade
And it Frightens Me

Edit 2: This is what it is: Sublocade
It is a shot of buprenorphine that is liquid that turns into a gel in your body and releases buprenorphine 10mgs every day for 30 days.
Since I last posted, I have been gifted these prescriptions, and I am much happier for it:

-----------------------------------------------------
Concerta 54mg ER / 1x a Day
Klonopin 1mg / 1x a Day
Xanax 2mg / 1x a Day
Suboxone 8mg / 1x a Day

Suboxone 2mg / 1x a Day

I have never felt so happy to have all of these. I take 1mg of Klonopin, 1mg of Xanax with my 8mg Suboxone and 54mg Concerta ER every morning.
Then, in the afternoon after work, around 5:00 pm, I take 1mg Xanax and 2mg Suboxone. I always feel focused, concentrated, relaxed, and much more.
I am a Web Designer, Web Developer, Penetration Tester & Content Creator on YouTube.

My Main Point

Anyway, I am getting my first dosage or shot of Sublocade 300mg Monday, October 18th, 2021, at 10:30 am. I usually work from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.

Nonetheless, they will pay me not to report to work Monday because I will be doing something medical, so we programmers get paid time off whenever we go to the dentist, the doctor, etc. Rather than missing a day of work.

Anyway, I am afraid of this shot. I heard it hurts a lot. And I also have been taking Suboxone twice a day for almost nine years now. What should I expect? Should I stay on the 8mg and 2mg tablets? Or take the shot. Is it better? Worse?

And if so, why?

Those who have been on Sublocade or used it once or have any insight into it would be appreciated, as I am both frightened and excited to experience it in the coming days.

What if I take the shot and my life stays as it did before? I always have buprenorphine in my system. I have to get over that "ah, it's 8:00 pm and I didn't take my 2mg tablet, I should I will feel better" mentality.

Thank you, and God Bless you to any and all who read and contribute to my post.

document.write("edit1"); | I added 1mg of Xanax to the morning regimen to make sense of how I take my medication since I initially left it out on accident.

Last edited:
Something new, never heard of sublocade before. Sounds like the depot antipsychotics they inject people who don't comply.

Just my 2 cents but I'd stay on the pills as long as you get them for take home and don't have to visit too often - otherwise of course the shot would cease the need for the visits. But I guess it won't have any benefits over the pills besides not needing to take them every day but for me the pain of injection and the odds that the dosage doesn't fit etc. are worth more than just the routine of taking pills.

You are lucky to get scripted a stim, benzos and an opioid. I had a doc who would give me free medicines back in Switzerland, that I miss here.. need first to find a decent doc.

Anyone? For some reason, my 8mg and 2mg Suboxone tablets were auto-refilled today. So maybe I am waiting another month.

But, no one can give any Sublocade experience reports back?

Sublocade didn't work well for me personally. It felt like it worked for the first 4 days or so and then after that I was in a constant state of mild withdrawal that just increased my benzo usage and then eventually I relapsed onto other opioids. I'm back on tablets now, but also my Doc says that 90% of patients have a positive experience so you know, your mileage may vary.

Sublocade didn't work well for me personally. It felt like it worked for the first 4 days or so and then after that I was in a constant state of mild withdrawal that just increased my benzo usage and then eventually I relapsed onto other opioids. I'm back on tablets now, but also my Doc says that 90% of patients have a positive experience so you know, your mileage may vary.
Thank you! This was what I was looking for. See, I am almost a decade into this regimen of:
Morning: 8mg tablet
Late Afternoon: 2mg tablet
That goes away, and I feel like I will never know how much is in my system. The first few months would probably be psychological warfare, mentally speaking for myself.
After that, I would understand my body and how it reacts and receives the dosages, how much during what parts of the day, etc., and make my judgment calls.
I need it in the morning and later part of the day.
It is just how it is. Luckily CVS called them in yesterday for my tablets, so tomorrow I will let my doctor know I got them auto-refilled. Now she has to refrain from giving them to me.
Or I keep them, and she gives me the shot anyway to try it out.
Once I speak with my doctor tomorrow and get the shot or not, I will update the post and everyone, and thanks @Pumpkin2021.
I will check out the thread @Pickledlemons made as well.

Anyone? For some reason, my 8mg and 2mg Suboxone tablets were auto-refilled today. So maybe I am waiting another month.

But, no one can give any Sublocade experience reports back?
DEFINITELY get the shot. I was started on subs the first year it came out (almost 20 yrs ago) and it SUCKS when your body gets used to them and the opposite starts happening…. (Zero energy and all the good feelings/side effects/slight buzz from subs goes away).
I’ve had 6 shots. The 300mg (first 2 injections) are extremely painful. Just an FYI…BUT absolutely, without a doubt, hands down the best decision EVER. I kid you not. IF you are serious about your recovery: do it.
It took several months to break the ‘hand to mouth’ habit. I thought I needed to be putting something under my tongue but I did not. It was ALL psychological but definitely nothing I couldn’t handle. No ups and downs when the strips wear off. (First thing in the morning ring a bell??) You receive a constant balance of slowly released meds. And no naloxone soo that horrible headache is gone lol (iF you had that).
I forget I’m on anything now… 🤷🏻‍♀️ I almost never think about it. No cravings, no desires, no bad feelings, no depression, just life. Not to mention no pharmacy runs, no toting around meds, making sure you have enough to travel, etc..

300mg injections are a $itch but doable.
100mg shots are easy as Sunday morning.

I wish I could have done this years ago and saved a crap ton of money and heartache.
($5 sublocade a mo. vs $800 per mo. for strips and dr visit ).
💰💰💰💰🤬💰💰💰💰
Freakin rip-off…
At least give sublocade a try for a few months. If you need the buzz that accompanied the strips then you’ll be disappointed. But that’ll all go away after a few more years on the strips anyways so you’ll be in the same boat ….
My end game goal is to be completely OFF bupe. (I want emotions back!! Among other things lol) Guess your goal should come into play as well when making this decision.
Freedom from bupe is my DREAM … decades….. ugh…. decades on this drug (subs) and my liver is shot to hell soo it’s a good thing I want it to rest a bit! 😆

^^ I think I am still reliant on the buzz and thats why I couldnt do it. Ive been on subs for like 5 years now but they are still a crutch for me. I was going to say this before but it makes even more sense now.. I think OP you need to ask yourself why you take sub to find out if you will be successful. Just to keep withdrawal away? Or that and as a coping mechanism ?

Sublocade hits WAY STRONGER according to the studies Ive read + user experiences. It has something like 50% higher blood concentrate of buprenorphine ALL THE TIME. The first two days might be rough or not since youve allready on concerta :reggae:

Buprenorphine has a ceiling effect, so this sublocade shouldn't be able to hit much stronger than a decent oral dosage of buprenorphine. Metabolism might be different though and this can change a lot. Have to say that I only tried up to 4mg/d but strong isn't exactly the word which comes to my mind when thinking about buprenorphine. Didn't have much of an opioid tolerance back then.

I think its still detectable in blood 18 months later or something ridiculious like that. But a steady stream of something in the blood loses its noticable effect pretty quick.

DEFINITELY get the shot. I was started on subs the first year it came out (almost 20 yrs ago) and it SUCKS when your body gets used to them and the opposite starts happening…. (Zero energy and all the good feelings/side effects/slight buzz from subs goes away).
I’ve had 6 shots. The 300mg (first 2 injections) are extremely painful. Just an FYI…BUT absolutely, without a doubt, hands down the best decision EVER. I kid you not. IF you are serious about your recovery: do it.
It took several months to break the ‘hand to mouth’ habit. I thought I needed to be putting something under my tongue but I did not. It was ALL psychological but definitely nothing I couldn’t handle. No ups and downs when the strips wear off. (First thing in the morning ring a bell??) You receive a constant balance of slowly released meds. And no naloxone soo that horrible headache is gone lol (iF you had that).
I forget I’m on anything now… 🤷🏻‍♀️ I almost never think about it. No cravings, no desires, no bad feelings, no depression, just life. Not to mention no pharmacy runs, no toting around meds, making sure you have enough to travel, etc..

300mg injections are a $itch but doable.
100mg shots are easy as Sunday morning.

I wish I could have done this years ago and saved a crap ton of money and heartache.
($5 sublocade a mo. vs $800 per mo. for strips and dr visit ).
💰💰💰💰🤬💰💰💰💰
Freakin rip-off…
At least give sublocade a try for a few months. If you need the buzz that accompanied the strips then you’ll be disappointed. But that’ll all go away after a few more years on the strips anyways so you’ll be in the same boat ….
My end game goal is to be completely OFF bupe. (I want emotions back!! Among other things lol) Guess your goal should come into play as well when making this decision.
Freedom from bupe is my DREAM … decades….. ugh…. decades on this drug (subs) and my liver is shot to hell soo it’s a good thing I want it to rest a bit! 😆
So first off, I have been on 10mgs of Suboxone for about nine years now. A couple of years ago, I stopped caring about the slight buzz or mood enhancement I would achieve by placing a half 8mg tablet under my tongue in the morning. The other 4mgs later on, then 2mg at night.
It all went away when I decided to take the entire 8mg tablet in the morning and then take the 2mg tablet at night. The buzz went away, and so did the "want" of the buzz.
Now I just take it every morning and night and feel absolutely nothing, really. I just take it because I know I need to, or I will start to feel terrible eventually.

CVS refilled my 30 2mg and 8mg tablets accidentally, and it isn't even on record. So, I have a doctor's appointment next week to get the shot, and she said she would not notify CVS and instead allow me to keep a few weeks of 8mg and 2mg tablets just in case I "feel" I need them.

Otherwise, I will start at 300mg per month, and I am afraid of:
1. The pain of the shot. I am not tapering down. I probably will take this for the rest of my life, but tapering if I even do one day is not anywhere soon.
2. Do you ever feel withdrawal symptoms? Are they purely psychological?

My physician asked if she was just pushing Sublocade because the pharmaceutical sales rep told her to, and she said no.
She said she rarely advises it to the few patients who take Suboxone at her practice. She mainly aims it at me because I used to run out early every month and some other reasons I forgot about and carried a gigantic 28-day pill calendar everywhere.

My doctor also explained how the concentration levels of buprenorphine in your body are much higher and remarkably steady throughout each day compared to a patient's chart on daily doses.
The chart showed how the Sublocade patients were always on the same level or near-identical. The patients taking the tablets or strips were all over the place but above the withdrawal level so that heavily intrigued me as well, same with the buprenorphine-only, so no naloxone.

Nah, even 1gram a day users of h reported getting teh nods from sublocade on the first day + shit lasts for ages. Theres people 3 months after their shot STILL NOT GETTING WITHDRAWALS!
Are you sure about that? I know buprenorphine can last over thirty hours after ingestion, and I am sure it lasts much longer after that. But to not have any signs of withdrawal ninety days after the last shot? Really?

Anyway, I am getting mine next week, and I will have about 14 8mg and 2mg tablets on top of that to help if need be.

Buprenorphine has a ceiling effect, so this sublocade shouldn't be able to hit much stronger than a decent oral dosage of buprenorphine. Metabolism might be different though and this can change a lot. Have to say that I only tried up to 4mg/d but strong isn't exactly the word which comes to my mind when thinking about buprenorphine. Didn't have much of an opioid tolerance back then.
Correct, after 32mgs of buprenorphine, the ceiling effect takes place.

I will get the 300mg shot next week and have about 14 8mg and 2mg tablets leftover because of the CVS mistake and my doctor being so excellent, but I hope I never need them again, and I can just stash those in my safe for some day I hope never comes, haha.

I dont have any personal experience so not 100% sure. Theres people on reddit on r/suboxone and r/opiates who have claimed that. Propably heavily depends upon ones tolerance.

Good luck on your shot. :reggae:

I think its still detectable in blood 18 months later or something ridiculious like that. But a steady stream of something in the blood loses its noticable effect pretty quick.
Yes- I know someone who is 16 months from her last injection and STILL testing positive for bupe and so far zero withdrawals.

So first off, I have been on 10mgs of Suboxone for about nine years now. A couple of years ago, I stopped caring about the slight buzz or mood enhancement I would achieve by placing a half 8mg tablet under my tongue in the morning. The other 4mgs later on, then 2mg at night.
It all went away when I decided to take the entire 8mg tablet in the morning and then take the 2mg tablet at night. The buzz went away, and so did the "want" of the buzz.
Now I just take it every morning and night and feel absolutely nothing, really. I just take it because I know I need to, or I will start to feel terrible eventually.

CVS refilled my 30 2mg and 8mg tablets accidentally, and it isn't even on record. So, I have a doctor's appointment next week to get the shot, and she said she would not notify CVS and instead allow me to keep a few weeks of 8mg and 2mg tablets just in case I "feel" I need them.

Otherwise, I will start at 300mg per month, and I am afraid of:
1. The pain of the shot. I am not tapering down. I probably will take this for the rest of my life, but tapering if I even do one day is not anywhere soon.
2. Do you ever feel withdrawal symptoms? Are they purely psychological?

My physician asked if she was just pushing Sublocade because the pharmaceutical sales rep told her to, and she said no.
She said she rarely advises it to the few patients who take Suboxone at her practice. She mainly aims it at me because I used to run out early every month and some other reasons I forgot about and carried a gigantic 28-day pill calendar everywhere.

My doctor also explained how the concentration levels of buprenorphine in your body are much higher and remarkably steady throughout each day compared to a patient's chart on daily doses.
The chart showed how the Sublocade patients were always on the same level or near-identical. The patients taking the tablets or strips were all over the place but above the withdrawal level so that heavily intrigued me as well, same with the buprenorphine-only, so no naloxone.
1. Not gonna lie- the first two (300mg are extremely painful BUT doable) Pull your knees up and give them a big handful of belly fat if you can. It’ll help. And hold onto something/bite something. 😆 The rest (100mgs) are nothing…. smooth like butter. 🧈👀
2. I’ve had absolutely NO withdrawals but highly unlikely I would at this juncture. The only problem was mentally thinking I needed that used-to-be nasty pill/strip taste in my mouth. Took a couple months for that to go away but it was not that big of a deal.
i have a friend who had her last shot 16 months ago and is still testing positive for bupe. ZERO withdrawals. The bupe buildup in your body really does make for an extremely looong taper (auto release). I’ve tried tapering subs (tabs/strips) before lol…. many many many many times.

Yes- I know someone who is 16 months from her last injection and STILL testing positive for bupe and so far zero withdrawals.
Wow! That is exciting news to hear then. I have been on 8mg and 2mg tablets per day for almost a decade, and I would like to end the daily intake of the morning and late afternoon orange tablets under the tongue routine.
I am now just fearful of the pain of the shot every 30 days.
And I am fearful I will experience withdrawal somehow out of nowhere one day.

Wow! That is exciting news to hear then. I have been on 8mg and 2mg tablets per day for almost a decade, and I would like to end the daily intake of the morning and late afternoon orange tablets under the tongue routine.
There's no way a drug will stay in your system for -this- long, maybe it was a false positive? I mean, things can get messed up 1- or 2 times with such depot injections but if one would test 16 months later still positive, the initial dosage would have killed that person.