• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Sublingual question

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
I've already asked about this before somewhat but was a bit conflicted about info I saw about other drugs used sublingually.

So if you're taking a pill sublingually like diazepam or xanax or whatever, is letting it sit in a pool of saliva bad? like should you avoid that and suck in the spit so it dissolves faster rather than floating there? Wasn't sure. Sometimes I'll get the right spot on my tongue and it turns gooey before ending up in a saliva pool in the bottom left of my tongue kinda right beside the bottom first molar. I was convinced keeping it higher up near the frenulum was better but it's so hard to keep it there, saliva just pushes it down without holding my head up awkwardly.

I know sublingual pills used for transitioning genders like Estradiol it's important to not let it sit in the saliva, apparently. But those are specifically designed to be used sublingually so Idk if the way they dissolve is just different and requires little saliva.

I have inconsistent results, usually having to just push it down with my tongue until it gets gooey enough to start dissolving. I haven't looked into crushing yet. I take diazepam sublingually mainly but I don't know if there's any good reason to. Usually it's 3-4 hours after my last meal so it should kick in fine. The time it takes to dissolve is at times probably the time it'd take to kick in orally. I do love the taste, though, can't lie.

Reading up about thsi more it does seem like pool of saliva is bad as it's not directly hitting the capillaries. It's still works but it takes longer and is basically like taking it half orally half sublingually. I think my issue is that I was trying to place the pill in the proper spot with my tongue therefore adding a bunch of saliva from the start. I just tried it after letting my mouth dry out, placed it with my finger, and it's becoming a goo without as much saliva. Although saliva inevitably forms at the bottom of my tongue near my bottom teeth so it seems unavoidable that some of it will end up there.

Last edited:
I just let it dissolve and sit on top of the capillaries under my tongue and do not try to hold the saliva in my mouth. I think the direct contact with the pill on them and the small amount of saliva that will form there as you swallow until it's gone is the best you can hope for. Idk try it both ways and you tell me, do YOU feel a difference? I dont. But I take Clonazepam and yea?!-Lol-what is it with tasty benzos. Mine taste like a sweet mint.

I can't really say to be honest. It's massively inconsistent how quickly these tablets seem to dissolve. Last night I found myself sucking in the saliva to keep my mouth dryer because I wanted to see if it'd make a difference. I couldn't really tell. And I'm getting jaw aches just leaving my mouth hanging wide open trying to do it "optimally" whatever tf that is lol. It seems like letting it sit in the saliva pool worked just fine but it would also take a lot longer to really dissolve without pushing on it with my tongue. Maybe there's superstition to this to some extent, idk. Most things I've read about this say that saliva pool is bad. But it's literally impossible to avoid that happening. Such a pain to sublingual these not gonna lie. I might as well try taking by mouth again, I've just convinced myself sublingual is better even though it takes fucking forever sometimes, as long as oral would to kick in probably. I've just usually still not empty stomached when I take them so I've opted for sublingual most of the time.

So I just tried crushing them for the first time, why tf wasn't I doing this before???? It's so easy. I just put it on a folded index card and used the knob on a locker padlock and it crushed with one simple press. I was worried about "losing some" but there was none to be lost, maybe insignificant amounts of powder on the card that I just licked off. Earlier I'd been trying to stick it on my tongue in a very precise spot and gave myself a headache, and felt like a total dumbass.

Well now I feel like even more of a dumbass, because essentially my sublingual use has been more like 50% oral due to the fact that it takes so long to dissolve the tablets and I mess around with it with my tongue so much, often getting it lost on my gums or in my teeth. I really need to try this more, I mean it fully dissolved in less than 10 minutes and I feel it way quicker too.

Seriously though, knob on a locker padlock is OP. I'm sure you could use a lot of things but this worked perfect.
My only issue atm is getting it all under the tongue properly. The index card works well but it can get on my teeth, so perhaps I should pour it onto a 1/8 teaspoon and then try to dump it under the tongue?

Last edited: