View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Subjective/perceptual difference between dosages of LSD

PerpetualAnhedonic

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever noticed strange/odd differences (or lack thereof) between different dosages of LSD?

I swear, it seems like I notice a HUGE difference in the subjective effects and experience of 2 hits as compared to 1....however, say the difference between 2 and 4, I don't notice anywhere near as much difference.....mind you, I don't mean from different batches/products either....I can use all from the same batch and this seems to be the case...why exactly could this be?
Granted, when I do get into the higher dosages, I do tend to space out probably about half the dose by an hour or so (mainly to ease the come-up and extend duration)....but to my knowledge, you typically have an hour or two before it's a waste, where it won't increase effects due to tolerance.

Am I the only one to experience this or has anyone here noticed the same thing or felt the same way?
Is it perhaps more of a level/plateau scale instead of exact measured dosage scale, necessarily (sort of like DXM- 1st-5th plateaus, for example)?

-Perpetual Anhedonic

In my experience I would say (VERY GENERALISED)
100ug - Head space but few visuals.
200ug -Similar headspace but increased visuals.
300-400ug - Increased Visuals AND Headspace.
500ug+ Both just go up form here

Granted, when I do get into the higher dosages, I do tend to space out probably about half the dose by an hour or so (mainly to ease the come-up and extend duration)....but to my knowledge, you typically have an hour or two before it's a waste, where it won't increase effects due to tolerance.

Spacing out your doses like that does influence the strength of the trip in my experience. It eases the come up but also lessens the strength of the trip somewhat.

Generally speaking, taking more all at once will get your further, faster, and for longer. Even though you may get some gains by taking more an hour or two later, I have pretty much always found that the above holds true.

In my experience taking more LSD after the initial dose doesn't really strengthen the trip very noticeably unless you take the extra within like 30 minutes of the first. Whenever I take a hit of LSD, on the come up I get this excited urge to take more, and every time I do it doesn't make it any more intense really, just drawls on for longer (which doesn't help much since LSD is already plenty long lasting for my taste).

I think you really gotta take all the dose at once, or take what you're going to take before you begin to feel the effects of the initial dose.