• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Subjective Comparison of MDMA's Stimulant effect to other Amphetamines (or other Stimulants)

ChemicalTherapy

Greenlighter
I am interested in a subjective comparison of the stimulant effects of MDMA to other stimulants. I am planning on using MDMA as a therapeutic tool for PTSD but am anxious due to being fairly sensitve to stimulants. Many years ago when i was in my poly drug abuse phase, a dose of 30mg of adderall ir oral was uncomfortable to me with 10mg-15mg ir being a sweet spot. I have also tried methamphetamine in said past life and found it extremely overwhelming at even small bumps. Unfortunately I wasn't weighing it at the time but would assume around 20-30mg insufflated. As an individual who was, at the time, heavily addicted to downers, I would use a large dose of benzo's/opiates to overcome this nasty feeling. This is no longer an option, and I wouldn't want to use a benzo due to the emotional blunting that comes with it.

The suggested doses of MDMA for therapeutic puposes are around 80-120mg range, plus a 40-50% redose an hour and a half in. 1.5 mg/kg is another metric I've seen. This seems like it would be extremely uncomfortable for me if the stimulant effects are at a similar dose response range to other amphetamines. I really want to use this medicine, but am tripping myself out at the possibility of feeling sick to my stomach and wired for many hours. The feeling of tighness in my stomach leads to nausea, which I imagine would make it difficult to focus on the emotional processing that I'd like to be doing. I was potentially thinking of combining a lower dose of MDMA (~60mg) plugged plus a gram of psilocybin mushrooms to try to overcome the stomach/stimulant issues while also adding an additional emotional element to the mix. Typically I've done a 1.7-2g dose of golden teachers alone for self-therapy sessions, so I do have experience with at least one of the chemicals entering my body. I tend to be fairly sensitve to anything not a downer lol.

Any advice or insights are welcome. Thank you friends.

MDMA is mainly emotional and psychedelic drug. It can be movement and body stimulant but that’s because you are partying. I imagine (I don’t know for a fact) in professional therapy patient is almost stationary for hours with attention on talk and feel.

On amph one is far less intoxicated than on e, Coke - well …

10-15mg IR of Amp is also my sweet spot and I’ve got no problem with MDMA. It’s stimulating but there’s no anxiety like with too much Amp, and it’s more mellow overall. Unless of course you take a large dose, keep to 100-120mg.

-GC

MDMA stimulating, not for everyone. To me its the ultimate chill pill bk-MDMA even more.

Think where the term couchlock came from.

I love the chilled relaxing feel of MDMA at moderate dosage but hate the frantic buzz of amphetamines. In no way does it compare for me. The only stimulating bit of MDMA is a bit of excitement, along with a slight rise in heart rate.

Pure racemic MDMA has such a mild stimulant action that even 25 years ago people would say that the pills had heroin because you felt like you were just so relaxed.

I haven't gotten real rolled up in a long time, however, I can still remember the feeling of being wrapped up in a fuzzy warm blanket all night long.

I have actually fallen asleep in a club on two pills of really pure good MDMA. Not that hallucinatory eDreaming bullshit, I wasn't on a benzos and I hadn't been drinking at all. I'm talking about actually falling asleep. I got so totally relaxed and comfy that I drifted off to sleep on a couch in the corner of the club.

That's how I could always tell if a pill had another stimulant like methamphetamine (more likely MDA at the time) in it because the role would be more harsh like meth or speed. Whereas a really pure clean pill of MDMA was trippy and dopey.

And no, I'm not talking about MDE (methylenedioxy-ethyl-amphetamine) which I know is very stoning.

Which is of course another thing to consider (the ethyl analog of MDMA, namely MDEA also shortened to MDE), is a stoning type drug. Which is kind of the opposite of amped up stimulation.

My personal subjective assessment would be as follows. From most stimulating to least

Methamphetamine>a-PVP & MDPV> MDA> AMP>MDMA>MDEA(MDE)>bk-MDMA(methylone)

That's based on my subjective experience. I think it's in line with a lot of other people's with the exception that some people find alpha-PVP and methylenedioxy-pyrovalerone to be more stimulating than methamphetamine.

I hope that helps a little bit.

To clarify regarding methylone (BK- MDMA). It has 1/2 to 1/3 the potency of MDMA. For me to get the same euphoric action as I have with MDMA, I used to take about a 250-300 mg dose of methylone to equal 100 to 125 mg of MDMA. And for me, it is an extremely low body load, barely stimulating XTC-light, like maybe if MDMA had a sort of chubby yet still good looking but not smoking hot cousin that you felt extremely comfortable snuggling with but you weren't really all that stimulated to have sex with. BUT! you DEFINITELY WOULD nail her given the chance.

Am I making the metaphor make sense?

Last edited:
I am interested in a subjective comparison of the stimulant effects of MDMA to other stimulants. I am planning on using MDMA as a therapeutic tool for PTSD but am anxious due to being fairly sensitve to stimulants. Many years ago when i was in my poly drug abuse phase, a dose of 30mg of adderall ir oral was uncomfortable to me with 10mg-15mg ir being a sweet spot. I have also tried methamphetamine in said past life and found it extremely overwhelming at even small bumps. Unfortunately I wasn't weighing it at the time but would assume around 20-30mg insufflated. As an individual who was, at the time, heavily addicted to downers, I would use a large dose of benzo's/opiates to overcome this nasty feeling. This is no longer an option, and I wouldn't want to use a benzo due to the emotional blunting that comes with it.

The suggested doses of MDMA for therapeutic puposes are around 80-120mg range, plus a 40-50% redose an hour and a half in. 1.5 mg/kg is another metric I've seen. This seems like it would be extremely uncomfortable for me if the stimulant effects are at a similar dose response range to other amphetamines. I really want to use this medicine, but am tripping myself out at the possibility of feeling sick to my stomach and wired for many hours. The feeling of tighness in my stomach leads to nausea, which I imagine would make it difficult to focus on the emotional processing that I'd like to be doing. I was potentially thinking of combining a lower dose of MDMA (~60mg) plugged plus a gram of psilocybin mushrooms to try to overcome the stomach/stimulant issues while also adding an additional emotional element to the mix. Typically I've done a 1.7-2g dose of golden teachers alone for self-therapy sessions, so I do have experience with at least one of the chemicals entering my body. I tend to be fairly sensitve to anything not a downer lol.

Any advice or insights are welcome. Thank you friends.
Now to address the administration of your medication.

I would absolutely not plug it because plugging it avoids first past metabolism and it hits hard. Overwhelmingly so for some people. Take it orally and don't dissolve it in water. Just take the pill that way it will dissolve a little more slowly because when you dissolve it in a bottle of water it all gets absorbed at once. Not quite as overwhelmingly coming up as if you plugged it, but much different than just swallowing a hard pressed pill.

If you get nausea, you might want to dial your dose back and I don't know where you're getting those numbers because the doses that they've used in therapy are between 75 and 100 mg for a male patient. Total dose. You're talking about 120 to 180 mg. That's not what a first time user should even think about doing much less when you're trying to use it for therapy. You're going to be fucking rolling out of your mind.

I don't know what kind of responses you have to serotonergic drugs, but I don't know anyone who's stomach becomes settled by eating mushrooms and I certainly wouldn't hippy-flip my first time out the gate.

You're would be so engrossed in the fractals and geometrics being caused by the light and the inside of your eyeballs while you're rolled up so high on ecstasy and tripping on shrooms that you can't even realize what the hell's going on. Much less keep your mind on working through an issue.

I was experienced (By that I mean I've been rolling multiple times a week for 6 years) when I first hippy-flipped and it was an extremely overwhelming experience.