• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Subatomic Worlds

I would have to be one cruel S O B if I were to tell a rape victim that she deserved to be raped because of some prior sin on her part.

Karma and it's victim blaming is why I reject such a notion.

We as a species have a lot of adults who abuse children sexually and in other ways and to think that children somehow deserve their abuse would be really cruel on our part, as well as thinking that the perpetrator of the abuse was somehow doing it in a just way.

Karma is an unjust system of thought. Please rethink.

Regards
DL

In different schools of cultivation they believe that man continually reincarnates and throughout his various reincarnations he takes two things with him, his karma and his virtue. Without Karma you wouldn't have a single tribulation in life. Here is an excerpt from Master Li Hongzhi from one of his Buddha Law lectures where he expounds upon this point:

"Throughout your lifetimes, which is to say, during each of your lives, each of your lifetimes, you might have all bullied someone, deceived someone, or harmed someone or killed someone, etc. Perhaps, you did something even worse. Then, you will have to repay such karma that you owed. There is a principle in this universe, which is called: No loss, no gain. To gain, you must lose. What is owed must be repaid. If it is not repaid in this lifetime, it will be done in the next lifetime. It is definitely this way. When a person suffers now, he will consider it an accident, and think that others are not being fair to him or others are not being good.

I am telling you that none of these are accidental, and they are all caused by the karma you owed in the past. If you do not have karma, as you walk on the street, everyone will smile when they see you. People you do not know will all offer to serve you, and you will be just too comfortable! However, such a person will definitely not be living in the human dimension, and he should have returned to heaven. Human beings are just the way they are. Because people have karma, they will never be able to move up in cultivation if their thoughts are not purified. It is the same principle as I mentioned earlier.

It is not a bad thing for people to suffer a little bit and to have a little tribulation. By facing a little tribulation, you will repay the karma. You will really go to a wonderful place and never again suffer hardship. No matter how happily you live in the human society, with millions of dollars at home, or however high your rank is in office, it will be just for a few decades and will soon be over. Please think about your reincarnation. You come with nothing on your body and you leave with nothing on your body. What can you take with you? You cannot take anything with you. Who do you leave things to? You think that you have left them to your descendants. However, next time when you are born again, they will not know who you are.

If you go to work for them or sweep the floor for them, they may not be kind to you nor may they pay you an extra penny. It is truly this way! Man simply can’t see it. Here we are talking about the essential principles of human life. Think about it, when we suffer pains, when others bully you, when others cause you trouble, or when you lose some material interest, in my view it may not necessarily be a bad thing."

- from the Falun Dafa Lecture in Sydney, Australia: https://www.falundafa.org/book/eng/xnjf1.htm

Can we look at this from the mind POV instead of the body for just a bit?

Our consciousness or mind, to me, is not our brains, although I see the brain as creating our minds and consciousness, which I see as the same thing.

If the consciousness of a god is also sub-atomic particles, as I think ours is, then the mystics that say they communicate with god, are basically saying that they have their sub-atomic particle meld or make contact with the larger cluster of sub-atomic particles that are god's consciousness.

See it? What do you think of the notion?

That is the only way to think if we do not want to believe in some supernatural god whose consciousness is composed of sothing other than what ours is.

If we are able to contact a god, it would have to be through a sub-atomic realm.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

I agree with you, the brain is not the source of our consciousness or thoughts. In Falun Dafa believe that the soul of a human is the true source of thinking and the brain is merely a 'processing plant' to translate the souls intention into our everyday speech and expressions. Here is an excerpt from Zhuan Falun that talks about the source of peoples thoughts:

"When people discuss “thoughts” they are talking about mental processes. Here I would like to offer a spiritually informed perspective on thoughts and the mental processes that go with them, and look at the different forms that those processes (or thoughts) take, as well as how they come about. Many questions about the brain are still unanswered by the medical sciences, for the brain is not as easily understood as the outer, more superficial layers of the body. Thoughts exist at deeper planes of reality and vary in form across dimensions. But they are not as some teachers of energy practices have imagined them. These persons haven’t been able to offer a good explanation of how thoughts work since they don’t fully understand it. They believe that by generating a thought with their brains they can accomplish certain things, and believe that what then unfolds is done by their minds, or thoughts. But that isn’t in fact the case.

Let’s start by looking at where thoughts come from. In ancient China there was an expression, “thinking with the heart.” It’s a curious phrase, but there were reasons behind it. The science of ancient China was very advanced, since the connections among the human body, living things, and the cosmos were the focus of its inquiry. There were people back then who could actually sense that their hearts were thinking, while others might have sensed that it was their brains doing so. What accounts for this? They were onto something, in fact. The soul of a regular person tends to be quite small, yet ideas originate from it and not from the brain. And the soul doesn’t always remain inside the head, at the Niwan Palace—or “pineal gland,” in medical terminology. When the soul is at the Niwan Palace, a person might sense that his brain is thinking or sending out signals; and when it is at the heart, he might in fact sense that his heart is what’s doing so.

The human body is a micro universe, as I’ve said, and in the bodies of practitioners there are abundant supernatural beings, any of which might change locations. If it is your soul that changes locations, by going, for instance, to your stomach area, then you might sense that you are actually thinking with your stomach; or if it goes to your calf muscle or heel, then you might sense that you are thinking with your calf or heel. This is fully possible, as far-fetched as it may sound. And this is something you might be able to sense even before your practice has progressed very far. The presence of the soul together with your temperament, nature, and personal traits are what make you a full-fledged, unique individual, rather than just flesh.

Then what does the brain do? I regard the brain of this physical dimension as simply a processing plant. The thoughts that you have actually come from your soul, though not in the form of language. What happens is that your soul conveys to the brain a type of cosmic signal which carries with it a certain idea. This signal, once received, acts as a prompt that the brain translates into some form of expression, such as the language you speak, a gesture made with your hands, the look in your eyes, or your overall body language. And that is the role of the brain. The prompting or thought actually comes from your soul. People usually think that the ideas they have are simply the result of the brain working on its own. But the truth is that the soul is very much involved, and when located at the heart, it might give the sense that you are thinking with your heart."

- from Zhuan Falun, The Ninth Talk, Thoughts and the Mind : https://falundafa.org/eng/eng/zfl_2018_9.html#2

It is not a bad thing for people to suffer a little bit and to have a little tribulation.

This may be true as a character builder, no argument, but if it is a rape that leaves a woman devastated for years, then it is evil.

To victim blame, which is what karma is doing would be karma not living by the Golden Rule.

To suggest that some god would use such a vile doctrine in his universe is counter intuitive.

The victim would learn nothing in this world without a prior memory of her raping someone else in some past life.

Especially when that past life has not been shown to have even happened.

As to thinking with our hearts, Science has proven that the Gnostic Christian view is superior.

Gnostic Jesus was questioned as to what sees the vision?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/maps/primary/mary.html

The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'

For where the mind is, there is the treasure.

Christianity does not quite agree, wording wise, with us.

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The treasure is in you and all you know enters you through your mind and consciousness. The mind is more of where the treasure is than the heart.

Our hearts just confirm that the vision is a treasure.

Regards
DL

Then let's see how much you really see. Most Christians run from this as they do with all things they cannot refute, but some non-believers recognize the truth of it from a scientific POV. Opine if moved to.

Let me speak to the lie of Gnostic Christians hating matter.

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.

1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.

-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.

[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL
Gnostic, can you tell me something. Why do Christians deny or avoid the existence of other dimensions?

I'm curious as my perspective is of having Christian parents and being exposed to another dimension by a demon when I was 11 years old. Obviously I'm not Christian and never was, but especially not now and that's the reason why

You ask a Christian figurehead about other dimensions (outside reality) and they start talking about demons, but I myself have to think there's more to it than that

Cheers,
Lance