• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sub question

Oxygod126

Bluelighter
I was in horrible pain earlier today and had nothing to take, and since pain management is literally useless, I took a tiny piece of suboxone, like a quarter of an 8mg piece. It actually did help a lot for my pain, but I wasn’t supposed to pick up more of the 30 mg blues til the 6th from my dealer but she got them a day early. So it’s been like 6 hours or so since I last took the sub and was wondering if I can take my oxy now or how does that work? Will I feel the oxy? I am not opioid naive by any means. I’ve been picking up various pain pills for a couple years now since pm doesn’t help me, even though I’ve had 3 back surgeries and just turned 27.

Wait at least 24 hours otherwise you will feel precipitated withdrawals.

This is good to conserve your drugs anyway, subs have a long half-life and should keep you out of pain for a long time compared to IR oxy. So save that oxy for when you need it is good advice regardless.

Well what would happen is the Buprenorphine is going to still be holding onto the receptors because of it's high affinity. I actually just jumped off Bupe and back to O-DSMT and started dosing at the 24 hour mark and got very high. Now it's been almost 40 hours and I'm cooking off a Gram of it. Trying to lay down and sleep but I'm just way to high right now.

Don't have to worry about precipitated withdrawal if you are taking an Opioid after the Bupe. That becomes a problem let's say if you are on Oxy right now and wanna take the Buprenorphine cause you ran out or just wanna get off the full agonist. Since Bupe is a partial-agonist with a higher affinity than Oxycodone it's going to pull it off the receptors and since it's only partially filling them now and your body is accustomed to a full agonist it will through you into precipitated withdrawal.

Basically this means that you have to wait until your Dope Sick and in full on withdrawal before you take the Buprenorphine. Trust me on this I have made the mistake of taking it to early and it feels fucking horrendous when it hits. Extreme nausea, pouring sweat hot and cold, restless leg syndrome and pain throughout your body. Actually went into it a week ago like a fool because I didnt realize just how long acting O-DSMT is and i took it 12 hours after my last dose when I was barely sick.

It was a huge mistake and very painful. Had to snort 50 mg of 3-MeO-PCP throughout the ordeal to disconnect from the nightmare that was precipitated withdrawal. Thank goodness I had the Dissos and Zofran or it would have been MUCH worse, please be careful out there anyone reading this you do not wanna go through that shit.

ok good to know. I almost took a little bit. Pain wise, my pain is still manageable from the sub I took earlier, but I’m not gonna lie, I get oxy and take it mostly for pain, but I also like the recreational effects of it too. I always forget if you can take subs after or before opioids. Thanks for the quick responses guys! I could’ve had a miserable couple of days ahead of me if I hadn’t checked back.

I was in horrible pain earlier today and had nothing to take, and since pain management is literally useless, I took a tiny piece of suboxone, like a quarter of an 8mg piece. It actually did help a lot for my pain, but I wasn’t supposed to pick up more of the 30 mg blues til the 6th from my dealer but she got them a day early. So it’s been like 6 hours or so since I last took the sub and was wondering if I can take my oxy now or how does that work? Will I feel the oxy? I am not opioid naive by any means. I’ve been picking up various pain pills for a couple years now since pm doesn’t help me, even though I’ve had 3 back surgeries and just turned

I was in horrible pain earlier today and had nothing to take, and since pain management is literally useless, I took a tiny piece of suboxone, like a quarter of an 8mg piece. It actually did help a lot for my pain, but I wasn’t supposed to pick up more of the 30 mg blues til the 6th from my dealer but she got them a day early. So it’s been like 6 hours or so since I last took the sub and was wondering if I can take my oxy now or how does that work? Will I feel the oxy? I am not opioid naive by any means. I’ve been picking up various pain pills for a couple years now since pm doesn’t help me, even though I’ve had 3 back surgeries and just turned 27.
Ever heard the saying “beer before liquor never sicker, liq before beer never fear?” Yes, some say it’s a myth. But the same concept applies to subs/opiates. You have to take the sub first, wait a hour or so, then pop the opiate, and you will not go into WDs. I do it every day. I know, the nalox will “block” the oxy or whatever opiate, but you’ll still get pain relief. I do it every morning when I wake up. It’s all about timing. That’s why pain DRs prescribe opiates and subs together. Point is do NOT take the opiate at 8am, for example, and then take a sub at 9am. You will definitely go into WDs. Hope this helps.

You can take dope after bupe but not bupe after dope…you can take them, it be a waist as the sub wouldn’t let you get high, just wait 18-24hr