• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Stupid Valium

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsui

Bluelighter
So I stupidly dosed 5mg of Valium last Sunday, and I've been looking for jobs, which in most cases make you pass a drug test before employment. I know Valium has a ridiculous long half-life, especially when dosing regularly, but how long should I expect 5mg to be in my system for if it was just a one time thing? I have a drug test on Tuesday (9 days after the dose I took), but I'm not sure whether it is a urine or saliva test. I'm hoping saliva!

Any way to speed up the process of getting this shit out of my system? I've heard drink lots of water and eat fatty foods...?

They don't test for Valium in the regular 5-drug panel test so you should be fine, if they do the 10 drug panel test you are screwed... but almost everyone uses the 5

Well that's a relief to hear...

For some reason I thought the new standardized 5 panel drug tests swapped out PCP for benzos...

Is it common practice in the USA to get tested when applying for a new job?

Depending on the job I think in some cases it is justified but generally this is a questionable practice and would be frowned upon where I am from.
And in the case of legitimate prescribed medication imo that should never prevent someone from getting a job.

Yeah, suppose the drug test does cover benzos...can't you just say you are prescribed diazepam? It's not like they can call your doctor to verify. How dare they discriminate based on someone's prescriptions...that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Yes, unfortunately for most jobs nowadays it is, and a lot also do randoms. With my last job I carried synthetic urine everyday and had to use it more than once. Fortunately with my new job there are no randoms, only tested if you're injured. But yes, U.S.A. is like the capital of the world of privacy violation via urine testing. Even the courts will drug test you if accused of a crime, even if the charge has nothing to do with drugs. But yeah to the opportunity, as others have stated unless it's an extended panel, you should be fine, but personally I always go with better safe than sorry and use fake piss if there's even a slight chance of failure. And they can ask to see your prescription if you claim you're prescribed something that shows up. If you don't have one, they treat it the same as an illegal drug, because it technically is.

Judge me not by the content of my urine, but by the content of my character!

^i agree......but greedy fuckers out there want to cash in on everything including your urine content

They don't test for Valium in the regular 5-drug panel test so you should be fine, if they do the 10 drug panel test you are screwed... but almost everyone uses the 5

Dunno who "they" is but depending on the industry a 10 panel test is very possible. Having said that, if you seriously took on one 5mg valium 9 days before your test it's likely that won't show up. Diazepam does have a very long half life, but the ultra-long time for positives in urine tests some people experience are for chronic users. Someone who takes it once is likely to piss clean after 5 to 7 days, but you never know. Good luck.

while we're on the topic, a friend gave me 12 5mg valium yesterday. i'm used to xanax and kpin. i normally (when i have them) take 1-2 bars at night to relax. what dose should i be looking to take of the valium. im thinking 20mg?

Benzos is one of the main things they test for. They test for Opiates, Cocaine, Amphet, Heroin, Ganja and Benzos. This is on the standard cheap 6 panel tests which most centres use (In the UK). Providing you don't already have benzo's in your system then a single dose of 2mg will struggle to show for more than a week. Z drugs can give a false positive if you have enough of them in your system so lets hope that's not the case. If they send it off to a lab mind you are screwed mind.

while we're on the topic, a friend gave me 12 5mg valium yesterday. i'm used to xanax and kpin. i normally (when i have them) take 1-2 bars at night to relax. what dose should i be looking to take of the valium. im thinking 20mg?

Are they 2mg bars? 1-2 bars is a lot...

2mg of xanax is equal to 40mg valium, but some people say it's closer to 30mg of valium.

Either way, if you are taking 1-2 bars a night, which is 2-4mg xanax, the equivalent of that is going to between 30mg-80mg of valium.

As long as that's ALL you took 5 mg. Valium. In 9 days even with the long half-life of Valium. You'll be fine.

The human body is a machine...in 3 days at most you should be clean.. no need for extra water and un-needed stress.

Are they 2mg bars? 1-2 bars is a lot...

2mg of xanax is equal to 40mg valium, but some people say it's closer to 30mg of valium.

Either way, if you are taking 1-2 bars a night, which is 2-4mg xanax, the equivalent of that is going to between 30mg-80mg of valium.

Yeah dude 1-2 bars of xanax is enough to sedate a moose, unless your tolerance has gotten that high. 1mg xanax is enough to put me to sleep within 20 minutes of administration, and I use it relatively often (1mg xanax is half a bar).

Last edited:
Yeah, suppose the drug test does cover benzos...can't you just say you are prescribed diazepam? It's not like they can call your doctor to verify. How dare they discriminate based on someone's prescriptions...that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
in the US, employers can fire/not hire you for taking a legal prescription (but not for the condition it treats). more common, you have to show the third party lab proof that you are prescribed the medication.

Last edited:
in the US, employers can fire/not hire you for taking a legal prescription (just not for the condition it treats). more common, you have to show the third party lab proof that you are prescribed the medication.

Holy mole. I've been self employed for so long that I haven't really been exposed to this...how shameful.

As long as that's ALL you took 5 mg. Valium. In 9 days even with the long half-life of Valium. You'll be fine.

The human body is a machine...in 3 days at most you should be clean.. no need for extra water and un-needed stress.

While I mostly agree, I know from experience this isnt always true. I failed a test once and diazepam was one of the drugs that I was positive for. I was rarely using benzo at this point but took a single 10mg Valium roughly 3 weeks before the test. Failed it :( so I guess it is not always the case that a week or so is enough even for non-chronic users.

Well I managed to push the test back until Wednesday, so that will make it exactly 10 days after taking the 5mg Valium. It sucks too because 5mg isn't even enough for me to feel anything, and I didn't even get a good sleep, so it was a big waste/mistake!

I was turned down for a chef job because I was on subutex. I didn't come back positive for anything else. I did the customary day that they try you out in the kitchen and I aced it. The next day I came in early to start learning the menu a little better and I was called into the office. He said we don't accept people on maintainence. Blew my mind because I have a great resume, and from what I saw the other cooks and chef he had already needed replaced badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.