stupid question about flicking off cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

violet_mist

Bluelighter
please excuse me if this is not the right place for this, but i have always wanted to know if it is legal to give the finger to a cop?

for example if i am walking down the street and i see a cop car parked at a light can the cop do anything to me legally for flicking him off?

thanks

Courts have held that flipping a person off (more accurately, "engaging in an obscene hand gesture") is not in and of itself a crime.

However, flipping off a cop is never a good idea becuase they might decide that you're drunk and arrest you.

X

i was chillin around town 1 day and me and my buddys were outside a bar when this drunk chick comes out and shes standin out there waiting for a ride i guess and then i cop drives by so she gives him the finger and he turns around and drives back to her/us so me and my buddy got outta there fast (cuz we had shit on us) and i guess he just took her away to the drunk tank.

good to see someone unrelated gets associated to you ... and therefore you boys would have been done over as well if you didnt leave ..

Adam X said:

However, flipping off a cop is never a good idea becuase they might decide that you're drunk and arrest you.

Fuck them pigs, if they think your drunk demand a field sobriety test or a breathalizer.

In most states, they have no obligation to provide either of these unless the person being arrested was driving a motor vehicle.

X

excellent

i always want to flip off cops (obviously when i am not in a situation where i could be easily fucked with), now i will try doing so more openly

hope i don't get in trouble, i just hate cops

Don't do it. I had a friend do it and they took him to jail over night and didn't charge him. You will feel real stupid once you are in jail and ou did it just to do it. Not worth it. Not with the small dick, overzealous, power hungry cops we let patrol our streets.

violet_mist, I see in your future that you will be the victim of a tazor gun and multiple sticks of some sort. Or, maybe a civil rights activist. My crystal ball is a little hazy tonite.%)

a side story:

Due to the increased security (re: hassle) in the airline industry since 9/11 (re: customs) that the US has imposed on people traveling into the US, (Taking their photographs etc) Brazil decided to retaliate by doing the same thing... by taking photos..

Couple months ago, a very senior American Airlines pilot decided it would be "cute" to have his middle finger extended as he held his identification name-tag as he was being photographed while going through customs.

needless to say, this offended the bazillians.. and AA had to pay like $10,000 fine or something like that ,and the pilot almost landed an extended stay in brazil (re: jail)

all for flicking them off..

if a cop hears you yell at somebody by calling them a ¿¿¿¿¿¿, he can ticket you... so im sure something offensive like giving him the bird can warrant a ticket as well..

if a cop hears you yell at somebody by calling them a ¿¿¿¿¿¿, he can ticket you...

Where is this? Certainly not in the state where I live.

X

I was driving down a major interstate in heavy traffic a bike cop was on the other side and I yelled out "Fuck the 5-0" I saw her look back and I bolted.

Im pretty sure that a cop can't arrest you for giving him the finger. But when you give the finger that will give the cop a cause to harras you.

Don't piss of the police, unless you want to spend the night in jail. While it may not be illegal to flip off a cop, you don't have to do anything illegal to go to jail.

I thought flipping off a cop was insulting an officer in function(I`m pretty sure they can bust you for that shit here in Holland)

haha this is funny cuz the other day a cop was questioning me about me threatening someone and im like could u arrest me if i gave u the finger and hes like no but we might ask u why u did it. so i then proceeded to flip the cocksucker off and he said ur a wise ass and got in his car and drove off.

Hunterkiller said:
I was driving down a major interstate in heavy traffic a bike cop was on the other side and I yelled out "Fuck the 5-0" I saw her look back and I bolted.

thats pretty fuckin funny

one night me and my friends were juss outside chillin and smoking, and a cop pulls by, and he ddin't get outta his car or ne thing he was juss sittin in his car starin at us and my friend said"get the fuck outta here u fat ass" and he got hauled in. But i heard if u say "i think your a fat ass" they can't haul u in because its ur opinion or somethin.

Ya but i don't think its illegal for you to finger a cop, but i still wouldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.