• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Study: Meth Use Rare In Most Of The U.S.

Atlanta is CHOCK-FULL of meth... never seen so much of it, or so many people addicted to it, than I did when I lived there.

Also, there is plenty of it here in the podunk pockets of Florida. Florida might be known for its beaches and retired old farts, but go inland a little bit and you'll see nothing but doublewides. There are meth lab busts quite often around here, though nothing big... usually just people making it to support their own habit, but it's loud and proud, and it's a nasty drug.

Maybe it is rare in MOST of the U.S.... but in the places where it is prevalent, it is FUCKING SHIT UP!!!!!

I think saw a teenage chick who went on Oprah and talk about her meth addiction. That show really did gave me the impression that a lot of US high school kids do meth.

A separate survey of high-school students showed a 36 percent drop in meth use between 2001 and 2005

why do they even bother with surveys anymore?!? even on HS kids...check here if you are doing something illegal: . I mean come on...

"Mischaracterizing the impact of methamphetamine by exaggerating its prevalence and consequences while downplaying its receptivity to treatment succeeds neither as a tool of prevention nor a vehicle of education," he wrote.

ahh, an inkling of intelligence shines through the great impenetrable shroud of misconception!

Yah I live in a very rural area, and am very familiar with other rural areas of my state. I know enough of what goes on to know that meth is an extreme minority. Its certainly there, just very underground. Id say less than 2% of the general population has ever even seen it in their lives, maybe 1% or so actually do meth. Opiates, pharmecutial intoxicants, and cannabis are by far more prevalent.

I have seen a few people smoke meth; each time was around the same group of friends. I also had some other friends that were getting into it, but I'm not sure whatever came of that. Other than that I never really hear of many people using or selling it.

Hah, other than the crappy rolls I have gotten that PillReports suggested were meth. Those ones weren't any fun.

Ive never really seen or heard from it in the Boston area but I know that they took all the sudafed off t he selves and put them behind the counter. Damn them its almost as sad as when they took the Robotusson off the selves.

Meth is common here, but I believe that the market is fucked up. You can't really make any money by selling meth. I think that users will form their cliques (like they are now), and the "problem" will cease in a few years. But what do I know?

santacruz11234 said:
Ive never really seen or heard from it in the Boston area but I know that they took all the sudafed off t he selves and put them behind the counter. Damn them its almost as sad as when they took the Robotusson off the selves.

You have to have a prescription to buy pseudoephedrine here ... that just makes the Mexicans happy and drives prices/crime up even more.

This is all temporary, as soon as the new commercial port opens in Kansas it should bee back to business as usual for the tweekers. Pharm grade ephedrine everywhere?

Str8 from China to US, cutting mexico out as a middle man country.

Powershift away from a mexican dominated market? Effectively cutting out pharm companies AND mexican cartels (double whammy)

Old daze returning?

Used to bee closer to cali/az/mexico purer the quality. Kansas new designated point of control? Wonder why they picked Kansas. Center of US?

in Australia crystal meth is a VERY POPULAR DRUG imo and groups that i know, currently the quality is not that great (i know this is a sources thing but i have freinds all over country all saying same thing!)
Personally i think it is a great drug, but each to their own

pin said:
Hydrocodone robs me of sleep because I nod but I dont pass out, all hallucinogens take away sleep, seems like theres not many things you would do.
yep everydrug pretty much affects your sleep and eats except weed. and sometimes even that doesnt make you tired it can give you aniexty or at least keep you up for a little bit.

I have never seen nor herd of meth being sold in detroit, except in E pills. I have access to all other 'major' drugs but meth has never been one of them. Im sure it must be around somewhere but doesnt get around like coke E heroin pot...

I've never really seen meth as a problem. Really, if people want to do it, they're going to do it, no matter how much money/time is spent on eradicating it.

It's quite popular where I live, although I don't consort with those types, I could acquire it quite easily if I tried. It's such a trashy drug though, I've never met a respectable tweaker.

meth is extremely popular down here (dallas, tx) the thing is is that they tend to keep to themselves unlikes other drug clicks. as it is still not as socially acceptable as say marijuana or prescription pills and the like so for most people the problem isnt that apparent. and someone mentioned high school kids. any girl i know in high school that uses any drugs other than marijuana or alcohol 75% of the time meth will be broguht up.