• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Study: Abuse liability of Prescription Opioids vs Heroin

kokaino

Bluelighter
Abuse of prescription opioid medications has increased dramatically in the United States during the past decade, as indicated by a variety of epidemiological sources. However, few studies have systematically examined the relative reinforcing effects of commonly abusedopioid medications. The current double-blind, placebo-controlled in-patient study was designed to compare the effects of intravenously delivered fentanyl (0, 0.0625, 0.125, 0.187, and 0.250mg/70kg), oxycodone (0, 6.25, 12.5, 25, and 50mg/70kg), morphine (0, 6.25, 12.5,25, and 50mg/70kg), buprenorphine (0, 0.125, 0.5, 2, and 8mg/70kg), and heroin (0, 3.125, 6.25, 12.5, and 25mg/70kg) in morphine-maintained heroin abusers (N = 8 completers maintained on 120mg per day oral morphine in divided doses (30mg q.i.d.)). All of theparticipants received all of the drugs tested; drugs and doses were administered in non-systematic order. All of the drugs producedstatistically significant, dose-related increases in positive subjective ratings, such as ‘I feel a good drug effect’ and ‘I like the drug.’ In general, the order of potency in producing these effects, from most to least potent, was fentanyl>buprenorphine>heroin>morphine>oxycodone. In contrast, buprenorphine was the only drug that produced statistically significant increases in ratings of ‘I feel a bad drug effect’ and it was the only drug that was not self-administered above placebo levels at any dose tested. These data suggest that the abuseliability of buprenorphine in heroin-dependent individuals may be low, despite the fact that it produces increases in positive subjective ratings. The abuse liabilities of fentanyl, morphine, oxycodone, and heroin, however, appear to be similar under these experimental conditions.

Generally, mean peak ratings of good effect, drug liking, and desire to take the drug again were similar to the VAS ratings. That is ratings were generally highest for heroin, morphine, followed by oxycodone, and lower for fentanyl and buprenorphine across the range of doses tested. Participants reported ‘a little’ good effect, ‘likebut not very much,’ and ‘a little’, or ‘moderately’ interested in taking the drug again for fentanyl and buprenorphine,while they reported ‘moderately’ good effects, ‘like some-what,’ and ‘quite a bit’ interested in taking the drug again for heroin, morphine, and oxycodone. Consistent with the majority of positive subjective-effects ratings, the average progressive ratio break point for 25mg/70kg morphine was slightly lower, but not significantly so, than 12.5mg/70kg heroin.

IV heroin and morphine, at their higher dose levels (25mg and 50mg/70kg morphine or 12.5mg and 25mg /70kg heroin) produced the highest subjective ratings and highest self-administration and reinforcing effect, albeit with some “bad effects” (defined as effects which were noted to be "unpleasant" such as excessive sedation, respiratory depression, nausea, and histamine-related effects such as pruritus. Heroin acts as a morphine prodrug and this accounts for this). Oxycodone produced virtually no “bad effects”. although it failed to achieve the reinforcing effect of higher heroin and morphine doses.

Source

Last edited:
I have never had heroin but i have had a opiate script since about 2007 now and i have never had to use heroin. I found dilaudid to be the most euphoric opiate though. Fentanyl would have been by far the least euphoric one.

Hydromorphone is certainly one of the most euphoric IV opioids, although morphine/heroin, desomorphine, and oxymorphone produce superior effects. I have not had the pleasure of IV'ing real desomorphine, so I'm just going on what we do have in the pharmacological and medical literature, as well as anecdotal info. In fact, desomorphine has an extremely high “euphoria index”, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Eukadol (Oxycodone) reliably produced the most pleasurable stimulant like narcotic euphoric….the original patent states (also confirmed by NAZI pharmacological studies comparing Eukadol with Cocaine, Dilaudid, Heroin, and even Pervitin (Methamphetamine)

Dilaudid injection is a heavy hitter and I slammed LOTS of Dilaudid, Waaaayyyy less euphoria than Oxycodone BUT is potent as F@CK and will have you nodding in opioid comfort

Also illicit Heroin a lot (of unknown purity and chemical makeup) but was VERY euphoric…..super light beige, off white, smelled like opening a bag of salt & vinegar chips…..was probably really decent Diacetylmorphine content due to the appearance, potent vinegar odour detected of acidic anhydride (essential precursor required to synthesize Heroin from Morphine base) in addition to the orgasmic euphoric rush of banging it.

Oxycodone is HANDS DOWN the most pleasurable opioid narcotic I’ve even taken. Even orally is better than injecting Dilaudid.

Eukadol (Oxycodone) reliably produced the most pleasurable stimulant like narcotic euphoric….the original patent states (also confirmed by NAZI pharmacological studies comparing Eukadol with Cocaine, Dilaudid, Heroin, and even Pervitin (Methamphetamine)

Dilaudid injection is a heavy hitter and I slammed LOTS of Dilaudid, Waaaayyyy less euphoria than Oxycodone BUT is potent as F@CK and will have you nodding in opioid comfort

Also illicit Heroin a lot (of unknown purity and chemical makeup) but was VERY euphoric…..super light beige, off white, smelled like opening a bag of salt & vinegar chips…..was probably really decent Diacetylmorphine content due to the appearance, potent vinegar odour detected of acidic anhydride (essential precursor required to synthesize Heroin from Morphine base) in addition to the orgasmic euphoric rush of banging it.

Oxycodone is HANDS DOWN the most pleasurable opioid narcotic I’ve even taken. Even orally is better than injecting Dilaudid.
Shit only once a dr. prescribed me Oxycodone IR for a broken Collar bone. But I really needed it so I never abused it just took the prescribed dose of 3 x 5 mg one month. Worked perfectly for the pain but never felt a high from it. I regret not saving at least one dose for recreation, and I doubt it will ever be prescribed to me again. Normally you get Diclofenac and/ or Paracetamol.