• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Student arrested for making ricin in his dorm in Washington D.C.

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
A Georgetown University student who made the deadly chemical ricin in his dorm room was arrested in Washington, D.C. on Friday for illegal possession of a biological toxin, an FBI spokeswoman said.

The student, Daniel Harry Milzman, made the white powder with materials he bought at local stores, including The Home Depot and American Plant Company, according to an affidavit filed in court on Thursday. He found the recipe for making it by doing a search on his iPhone, investigators said.

Wearing goggles and a dust mask for protection, Milzman used Epsom salts and castor beans, among other materials, to make the ricin in his dorm room about a month ago, according to the affidavit. He stored what he had made in plastic bags sealed with hockey tape.

On Tuesday evening, for reasons that are unclear, Milzman showed some of his ricin to his residential adviser, who promptly contacted the university's counseling services, who, in turn, called the police, the affidavit said.

cont at
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/22/us-usa-ricin-collegestudent-idUSBREA2L02O20140322

Sealed in plastic bags?
Uggghhhh some people are just SO STUPID
Only using a dust mask for protection? In his fucking dorm room?
What about possible left overs in the containers he used to make it? I mean just how dense can people fucking be?
So many ways he could have killed so many people, I mean the ld50 via inhalation is apparently between 1 - 1.75ug/kg

On Tuesday evening, for reasons that are unclear, Milzman showed some of his ricin to his residential adviser, who promptly contacted the university's counseling services, who, in turn, called the police, the affidavit said.

cont at
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/22/us-usa-ricin-collegestudent-idUSBREA2L02O20140322

As stupid as this was on his part, it was also a good thing since it led to him being caught. I wonder what his intentions were? Maybe a socially awkward kid gone terribly wrong, comparable to maybe Columbine but obviously, instead of two individuals, just one. Either way, it's good nobody was seriously injured. He'll have a long time to consider his actions.

Yes slim first thing I thought was this kid has been watching too Mich breaking bad. Good thing he was caught tho who knows what he was planning on doing.