struggling to cope after brain damage from opiate overdose

Please do not suggest other drugs to people with addiction and mental health issues. This is the second post I've had to pull you up on in The Dark Side in 2 days. Please be more mindful when posting here, or if you can't be helpful and considerate just avoid TDS altogether. Thanks.
I absolutely do have the right to offer these life-changing medicines (and yes I know that sounds pretentious as fuck but that is what they are) as treatments. We would lack many of the insights we have about psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy if we just stuck to a mentality of "drugs bad" (even if OP's original problems came from the abuse of totally unrelated drugs). If it didn't work out for OP, that's of course unfortunate, but if an addict benefits from them, I think they rather would appreciate the benefits and not say "man I wish that guy hadn't recommended "drugs" to me". Just food for thought

I absolutely do have the right to offer these life-changing medicines (and yes I know that sounds pretentious as fuck but that is what they are) as treatments. We would lack many of the insights we have about psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy if we just stuck to a mentality of "drugs bad" (even if OP's original problems came from the abuse of totally unrelated drugs). If it didn't work out for OP, that's of course unfortunate, but if an addict benefits from them, I think they rather would appreciate the benefits and not say "man I wish that guy hadn't recommended "drugs" to me". Just food for thought
Mate this is Bluelight. Of course we're not of the "drugs bad" mentality. Drugs are what brought us all here in the first place. But pick your audience. I personally love psychedelics, for me. But I'm not going to recommend them to someone with pre-existing drug and mental health problems, it is inappropriate and could have bad consequences. Have a read of The Dark Side guidelines and please adhere to them, otherwise take it to a different part of Bluelight like the Psychedelics Discussion or Other Drugs forums. Thank you.