• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Strong chest pain from Adderall accompanied with sudden tiredness

DarkGhost101

Greenlighter
I took my Adderall today as usual at 7 AM (I took 10mg Instant Release Adderall), and in about 10 AM at school I started to feel strong chest pain along with sudden tiredness (the tiredness went away after 30 minutes). I felt like I just want to sleep and couldn't focus, and every time I breathed in or swallowed, the chest pain got much stronger.

My throat also hurts when I speak, and movement makes the pain in the chest and in the throat worse.

The chest pain has been persisting for 5 hours now, and this is the worst kind of chest pain I've had in my entire life. It just seems to get stronger and it is all over my chest.

Deep breathes make the pain worse.

Is this a serious problem? Should I go to the hospital?

Why the fuck are you taking amphetamines in the first place do u have a deathwish? Not to be mean or anything but ur fucking killing urself "as usual" ur putting so much stress on your heart i wouldnt be suprised if someone like u had a heart attack at age 50. Seriously man stop taking speed. Kinda funny that u asked whats wrong when obviously ur heart is stressed out. Get some opiates, give ur heart a break for a change. Opiates will not put stress on your heart.

Why the fuck are you taking amphetamines in the first place do u have a deathwish? Not to be mean or anything but ur fucking killing urself "as usual" ur putting so much stress on your heart i wouldnt be suprised if someone like u had a heart attack at age 50. Seriously man stop taking speed. Kinda funny that u asked whats wrong when obviously ur heart is stressed out. Get some opiates, give ur heart a break for a change. Opiates will not put stress on your heart.

What the fuck kind of advice is this? Please refrain from posting if you are in no way going to promote harm reduction and just spout stupid nonsense.

OP I would recommend going to the doctor and getting tests done if you truly are worried about your health. That and take a break from stimulants for a while.

Quoted for stupidity.

I took my Adderall today as usual at 7 AM (I took 10mg Instant Release Adderall), and in about 10 AM at school I started to feel strong chest pain along with sudden tiredness (the tiredness went away after 30 minutes). I felt like I just want to sleep and couldn't focus, and every time I breathed in or swallowed, the chest pain got much stronger.

My throat also hurts when I speak, and movement makes the pain in the chest and in the throat worse.

The chest pain has been persisting for 5 hours now, and this is the worst kind of chest pain I've had in my entire life. It just seems to get stronger and it is all over my chest.

Deep breathes make the pain worse.

Is this a serious problem? Should I go to the hospital?

Sorry that no one has responded to your question in a proper manner.

Yes you should indeed go and get checked out, from what your describing it could be many things..
I wouldn't take any chances and I'd go get checked out for safety's sake.

No-one on this site can diagnose you over the internet and we sure as hell couldn't even in real life.

Don't risk it, Go see a Doctor. ASAP

This isn't an extremely rare reaction to amphetamine but it still doesn't sound healthy, I would definitely see a doctor and tell them about your symptoms as soon as you can. In the mean time take an aspirin and drink water or sports drink. the sports drink will keep you hydrated and the citric acid in it will help flush the amphetamine out of your system quicker. Good luck

What the fuck kind of advice is this? Please refrain from posting if you are in no way going to promote harm reduction and just spout stupid nonsense.

OP I would recommend going to the doctor and getting tests done if you truly are worried about your health. That and take a break from stimulants for a while.

Second this opinion. I love it when people criticize others for taking stimulants. Always seems to be that drug class. Especially if a person is PRESCRIBED them. 10mg addy is REALLY not that much, anyway, so very inaccurate, ignorant, ill-informed "advice" from that person.

This isn't an extremely rare reaction to amphetamine but it still doesn't sound healthy, I would definitely see a doctor and tell them about your symptoms as soon as you can. In the mean time take an aspirin and drink water or sports drink. the sports drink will keep you hydrated and the citric acid in it will help flush the amphetamine out of your system quicker. Good luck

Also, second this.

Just wondering, what would the aspirin do?

^ aspirin is used to prevent heart attacks and strokes so in this case if the OP was close to either of those deadly conditions the aspirin will keep his blood from clotting. Aspirin also helps with pain so it may reduce muscle pains and headaches caused by adverse reactions to amphetamine.

Amphetamines are extremely unhealthy. They put stress on your heart thats a FACT shortening your life, prove me wrong. Compared to opiates amphetamines are a nasty drug.

Amphetamines are extremely unhealthy. They put stress on your heart thats a FACT shortening your life, prove me wrong. Compared to opiates amphetamines are a nasty drug.

Shortening your life? Please provide some evidence to back up that claim.

Shortening your life? Please provide some evidence to back up that claim.
You still havent told me any reason as to why it doesnt put stress on your heart and look it up. Hes even having chest pains which isnt a big surprise, wouldnt even be if he had a heart attack because he says he takes it everyday. This doesnt happen to opiate users.

You still havent told me any reason as to why it doesnt put stress on your heart and look it up. Hes even having chest pains which isnt a big surprise, wouldnt even be if he had a heart attack because he says he takes it everyday. This doesnt happen to opiate users.

It's like you're advocating the use of opiates, which is bad HR. Of course it can put stress on your heart, but that doesn't mean it's shortening your life unless you're taking crazy amounts daily.

This is BULLSHIT.

Used IN MODERATION without mixing with other stimulants or other drugs that could intensify their effects a low-level stimulant like Adderral, Dexedrine or Ritalin in a therapeutic dosage for someone who does NOT have a heart condition and is NOT engaging in very intense physical activity while under the influence it is TOTALLY FINE.

The dosage he used was not excessive, but there could be other reasons why what happened to him happened.

IF they were proven to shorten one's life span in thereapeutic doses do you really think doctors would be prescribing them??

Show me a link RIGHT NOW that PROVE that THERAPEUTIC doses of low level amps like Adderrall and Dexedrine shorten your life span.

Heroin is WAY more likely to do it, and that's an opiate like you mentioned.

You MIGHT have a point if we were talking about Meth, Crack or even Coke, but talking about therapeutic doses of Adderall you are just talking out of your ass.

I can tell from your post count you haven't been here long, but you've got some serious learning to do.

why bother trying to argue with justtakethat, he's obviously wrong in regards to therapeutic doses. The OP's question has already been answered but at least try to stay on topic.

This is BULLSHIT.

Used IN MODERATION without mixing with other stimulants or other drugs that could intensify their effects a low-level stimulant like Adderral, Dexedrine or Ritalin in a therapeutic dosage for someone who does NOT have a heart condition and is NOT engaging in very intense physical activity while under the influence it is TOTALLY FINE.

The dosage he used was not excessive, but there could be other reasons why what happened to him happened.

IF they were proven to shorten one's life span in thereapeutic doses do you really think doctors would be prescribing them??

Show me a link RIGHT NOW that PROVE that THERAPEUTIC doses of low level amps like Adderrall and Dexedrine shorten your life span.

Heroin is WAY more likely to do it, and that's an opiate like you mentioned.

You MIGHT have a point if we were talking about Meth, Crack or even Coke, but talking about therapeutic doses of Adderall you are just talking out of your ass.

I can tell from your post count you haven't been here long, but you've got some serious learning to do.
How is heroin likely to shorten ur lifespan? And anything that puts stress on your heart will shorten ur lifespan i dont need to look it up.

How is heroin likely to shorten ur lifespan? And anything that puts stress on your heart will shorten ur lifespan i dont need to look it up.

Clearly you do, because you're wrong. Exercising also puts stress on your heart, does that mean it lowers your lifespan too?

Clearly you do, because you're wrong. Exercising also puts stress on your heart, does that mean it lowers your lifespan too?
Excersising isnt using drugs that make ur physical features decay. And I'll look it up if you can just tell me why heroin will shorten your lifespan.

Excersising isnt using drugs that make ur physical features decay. And I'll look it up if you can just tell me why heroin will shorten your lifespan.

I never said heroin would shorten someones lifespan.