• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Strattera

Shady Kaity

Bluelighter
I was recently prescribed strattera...I'm currently on 40mgs of it. My mother noticed that I've been very shaky lately, could this be due to the strattera? I haven't been able to find anything about shakiness from it online or on the informational papers that come with the prescription.
How high of a dosage does it take on average to work to its full potential..
Has anyone ever been on it? Likes or dislikes or other ADHD recommendations?
Thanks guys

Strattera is crap and does nothing for a lot of people but make them restless, shaky, anxious, and sick-feeling. You're not alone.

Adderall & Dexedrine are both more effective. I was on Strattera for awhile and it absolutely did nothing for my ADD. It just caused side effects like twitching and anxiety.

i was on it for a little while. never experienced shaking but it made me really tired, moody, hurt when i peed, and didnt help me focus. my doctor said itd take like 3 weeks to be in full effect which is up to like 60mg i believe.

ive yet to read about strattera helping anyone, its a pretty cruddy drug for most when it comes to treating ADD/ADHD.
id ask your doctor about some alternatives. dexedrine is one that people say helps. vyvanse is pretty good, worked pretty well for me. and adderall pretty much gives me the same effects as vyvanse

I'm in a treatment program so I don't think that I'd be able to get a narcotic ADHD medication, unfortunately. I have taken adderall before, and it helped me so much. I was able to focus, there was clarity, motivation, and with out any jitters or feeling too hyper. I just wouldn't know how to go about asking for adderall or something other than strattera with out it seeming like I'm just trying to get drugs or something, or that he'd even prescribe it if I were to ask since the treatment program and history of drug use.

I'm in a treatment program so I don't think that I'd be able to get a narcotic ADHD medication, unfortunately. I have taken adderall before, and it helped me so much. I was able to focus, there was clarity, motivation, and with out any jitters or feeling too hyper. I just wouldn't know how to go about asking for adderall or something other than strattera with out it seeming like I'm just trying to get drugs or something, or that he'd even prescribe it if I were to ask since the treatment program and history of drug use.

if you tell your doctor about the problems you're having and request to try something else, not saying what you want, i can't imagine he'd deny you and keep you ont it. vyvanse is a prodrug so maybe your doctor would be willing to have you try that

hmm thank you.. I'll try that and hopefully he'll prescribe something else...I haven't been on it too long only about two weeks maybe..maybe not even that long, but I don't have an appointment again until august something or other, so maybe it hasn't taken effect yet..we'll see. I'm sure if I get prescribed something else I'll be posting more questions about that as well. lol

I have taken 120mg of strattera and got no feelings but a nearly unoticable buzz :{