• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Strattera, side effects and benefits.

Mracid

Bluelighter
Hi, I have been taking strattera for 7 days. The only effects I am getting are a slight increase in vigilance for 5 hours post dose (altho I feel disconnected from my thoughts like I can't translate my thoughts into words or into complete Ideas) and when I stop doing anything I have a horrible tension type headache that last over an hour if I don't get back to being active. Evidently when I reach bedtime I have to go through the headache if I want to sleep. Also I seem to get increasingly physically tired as the days goes by. I have a hard time reaching my thoughts and feel like I am litterally stunned by my senses. Even without strattera my senses are intense but its like that when on strattera I can't seem to ignore them or integrate them to keep focusing on what I am doing, sounds and physical sensations are like magnets to my attention.

And all that on the lowest dose, 10mg which is lower than what you give to an 8 years old child and I am 19 and pretty experianced with all sorts of drugs. So I was wondering if that could just be the side effects I had to go through to reach the benefic effect or if that just meant strattera isnt for me. In the last 3 days I was thinking both stopping and trying something else or increase the dose to go through it faster as I am more of a sprinter than a marathoner .

Any experiances or opinions are welcome.

Everyone is different i do all kinds of drugs all day everyday. So whenni was sick and the doc gave me some intramuscular predisone indidnt thinknanyone ofnit then im picking up my antibiotic and fins im becoming psuchotic paranoid overwhelmed . Intook 80 mg and found it like adderall witthoutnthe euphoria butni felt the focus. But if ur sensitive to it i believe its called the optimum levelof arousal too much and youll feel frozen and unable to perform strattera increases noradrenaline and large surges of it i feel closely resemblemthat of someonenpulling a knife where it feels like time stops and your frozen

I decided to switch back to concerta since it helped slow down my thought process and didnt give me side effects, while strattera made me like ignore my thought process and put me on an instinct based thought process along with all the side effects. I also read it is metabolized by CYP2D6 enzyme which I am a poor metabolizer that explains why such a low dose have such a big impact.

In retrospect I must have experianced what you called optimum level of arousal today, which when last over 4 hours sucks and make you feel like the day last over 40 hours, much like when I used shrooms the first 10 times, time dilation except without euphoria and hallucinations, in fact it was a detached and don't give a crap feeling.

norepinephrine (also called noradrenaline) can dialate time it both drug Induced and naturally. Forexample , I don't if you ever had to respond to a life threatening emergency like someone is drowning or a burglar just came in or you got a call someone is In the hospital and time seems to almost stop. It actually has a benefit while making a stressful situation seem like forever it is like your going through life on half speed so you have twice the time to think or sense a danger. So if someone pulls a knife on you it's like your processing things frame by frame instead of going through the daily motions which takes a exhausting amount of energy but makes you more likely to identify the knife disarm the threat make sure your no longer in danger. Then typically collapse

Alot of people like to use this response to get stuff done because they can get sooo much more done. However, while you get more papers done or house hold chores it diverts energy away from things that are needed for long term health like sleep digestion bowel movements eating orgasm skin health ECT

For me: benefits: none.

But: NO LIBIDO ANYMORE, for men problems with erections and having orgasms, I refused to take it and gave it back to my psychiatrist.

The way anti depressants work is they take time to build up in your system before you can begin to feel their full effects. I have had doctors tell me that these meds can take months to reach full effect. I know you said you're not a marathon runner, but I suggest you give strattera at least a few weeks before trying to switch to another medication.

Benefits; none for myself. I got only vicious side-effects, i got headache, angry all the time, anxious and tired. Only positive thing was i got rid of it 😅