• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Strangest Thing(s) You've Made A Smoking Device Out Of?

Papaverium

Bluelighter
I can't personally think of anything really ridiculous I've ever done, had to use a tea kettle once... and my friend made a successful banana pipe couple years ago... lol

You guys have any crazy contraptions you've created?
Stories behind it?? ...share :)

Not that strange, but my first enjoyable marijuana high came from smoking out of an old albuterol inhaler with foil on the top. I'll never forget that night.

I've had to use a crackpipe. Twirled that bitch like a proper feen too, just for fun =D

Not that strange, but my first enjoyable marijuana high came from smoking out of an old albuterol inhaler with foil on the top. I'll never forget that night.

Lol, that's how I smoked crack for the first time :p

Made a soda can crackpipe and smoked pot in it. Multiple times.

Hell, for the longest I would make the crackpipe and cut out the screen/bowlpiece from the can so I could have a ghetto screen in some other homemade device.

Worked well for years, until that one unfortunate night I torched the fuck out of the bowl and ended up smoking the screen. That shit was terrible.

take any plastic bottle smaller than a 2 liter preferably

get a bic pen and remove the inside so its just the plastic tube (cut off back piece with scissors)

heat up a piece of metal (screwdriver works good) via a stove or some source of heat and make a hole in the bottle towards the bottom just small enough so the pen can squeeze into it (if its slightly too big just wrap tape around the pen until it is snug)

insert the pen into the hole and use either multiple pieces of tape or a rubberband around the mouthpiece to make it stand in an upward fashion (like a normal bong downstem would)

make another hole at the top of the bottle for a carb (two holes clear faster, airflow is higher)

this is the most annnoying part at first, grab a piece of tinfoil in a square shape about 1.5 x 1.5 inches long and wrap it around the pen with your finger stuck inside the foil so it keeps a good circular shape. Make sure the foil is sufficiently away from the edge of the pen or you will be melting plastic.

Once I got here I generally would just angle the foil upwards and pinch the bottom of the piece by the pen until it was a small enough hole to let smoke through but keep nugs from falling in.

fill with water

smoke

works with any plastic bottle, and thats pretty much the formula for any smoking device (place to put nugs, airflow, carb, fire, boom youre stoned)

^^I used to hate those kinds of bottle bongs. I'm gonna grab a pack of pens this weekend to put together and post up a picture of a more preferable, in my opinion, design. Biggest difference? Socket bowlpiece, on the top of the soda cap with a downstem pen tube going through the cap to the bottom of the bottle (two pens put together... Macgyvering two retractable pens together is necessary to make the downstem reach the bottom of the bottle). Another tube inserted near the top to hit from, a carb on the back, filled halfway with water.

Smokes like a fuckin' dream, but glass is definitely better.

im picturing a grav bong tbh but im assuming you mean something different

Waaaaaaaaaay different. Water filtered, about 6oz water, 6oz chamber. The two pen tubes connect through the cap via a small hole in the cap. I just reconnected the top piece of the pen after I shortened it down enough to not be near the flame, set the socket on top. Normally fits snug around the little pen piece on top of the cap. If you know the black and white bic pens, you should know how the top piece has a fair amount of plastic going down into the pen tube. Like, the black part of the pen is way bigger than it looks before you take it apart. I would just fit the cap in between the white pen tube and the black top piece. Made the hole with a knife, corkscrew style, and made sure it was airtight by making it slightly smaller than it needed to be and just forcing the pen top through it.

The pen tube I would hit from'd be in a hole close to the top of the bottle, about 2-3in down and made airtight by melting a small hole and pushing through with a third empty pen tube. Carb/shotgun about 1in down from where I'd hit from on the opposite side, filled with water wherever you want underneath that. Like I said, I always preferred about half the bottle full. Smooth hits for something made out of some pretty hazardous shit to smoke out of, lol.

I'll make one this weekend and post a picture. I used to be so proud of the set-up in high school. Basically disposable, only took like 15min to make once I got the method down and, if I wanted, everything but the bottle was reuseable. I used to just take it all apart, throw the pieces in a ziplock and tuck it away in the bedroom somewhere until I needed to make another.

Last edited:
post a picture and Ill try and make one myself just because I like doing shit like that when it involves getting high and I cant keep anything legit in my house because house arrest

im not on house arrest personally, but same difference really

but just saying, those water bottle guys do fuck you up, gotta admit

to stay somewhat on topic, the funniest thing I ever turned into a bong was a Mrs Butterworths container but among other things: a ketchup bottle, a bottle of Ceaser dressing, a honey bear container, I used a test tube and black rubber plugs (cant think of their official name) stolen from a science class in high school as a downstem for this hookah I converted into a bong and it was honestly the coolest thing I ever made because the teacher I took it from HATED smoking of any fashion

fuck him

I used a test tube and black rubber plugs (cant think of their official name) stolen from a science class in high school as a downstem for this hookah I converted into a bong and it was honestly the coolest thing I ever made because the teacher I took it from HATED smoking of any fashion

fuck him

Lmao, nice.

My roommate made a bubbler out of an Elmo sippy-cup :p

Plastic candy cane tube.
NSFW:
giant-pixy-stix-filled-candy-cane-tube-sold-out-1.gif

Put the bowl on the end of the red part and - as was the done thing in those days - a little water that sat nicely in the curve. Worked a treat, and bubbled away like that's what it was designed for.
If memory serves, I leant it to some kid whose mother found and confiscated it. Dang.

My vagina.
Allow me to explain.
I was hanging out with my ex and he became aware that I had a certain level of abdominal and lower muscle control. Long story short, we rolled a blunt, he held it while I "inhaled", then he took shot guns from, well, you get the idea. Strangest thing I've ever made a smoking device out of was myself lol.

My vagina.
Allow me to explain.
I was hanging out with my ex and he became aware that I had a certain level of abdominal and lower muscle control. Long story short, we rolled a blunt, he held it while I "inhaled", then he took shot guns from, well, you get the idea. Strangest thing I've ever made a smoking device out of was myself lol.

Wow. Just wow.

a safeway plastic bag, a cap from a pop bottle (no pop bottle was present) and speaker wire to hold it all together.

made a hole in the cap, attached bag with string, it was sorta a lung

My vagina.
Allow me to explain.

I don't mean to judge but that really doesn't sound healthy. Ok, not like anything else in this thread sounds healthy either. I never got much weirder than using glass and plastic bottles for hash knives and bongin, though there was that bowl carved from wood, but the wood itself burned often and gave the smoker a bad trip. From then on, that was the punishment bowl a person would have to smoke out of if they did something stupid in the circle like blow out a bowl or drool into the bong water.

Epic thread is epic.

Apple bowl.
Soda Can bowl.
Soda Can Mountain Bong (10 cans or so stacked on each other).
Once took the screen out from the kitchen faucet and used it in a bowl.
Tampon paper for rolling joints.
Gravity bong from juice containers.
One time I just set fire to bud on the ground and put my face down in it and breathed (I was desperate OK?)
there are more i'm sure I'll think of later..