Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Strange "unconscious" state after 4 grams of cubensis

serltikko

Greenlighter
Hello everyone!

First of all, I'm sorry for my bad English.

A few months ago, I, my girlfriend and my friend were doing camping in the forest, the place was great and not a lot people around. My friend took 150 Moclobemide and 5 grams Cubensis after an hour and he felt well. I took 150 Moclobemide + 4 grams cubensis and that was like near the line before "too much", despite I had many LSD experiences before (like 300 Moclobemide + 4 blatters of LSD 200 micrograms each). My girlfriend took just 4 grams of cubensis but the result was unpredictable for her.

After an hour or two, she completely lost her memory: where she came from to the forest and why, who she was, what is her name and so on. Then we tried to walk by it was really hard due to strong staggering. Another problem was cold so we decided to go into the tent and put on some clothes.

After she came into the tent, she became in the pretty weird state, like she was sleeping but awake at the same time. She flounced inside on the tent and it was impossible to calm her down. She waved her hands and legs and moved quickly inside of the tent from one tent's side to another. She had been repeating the same phrases many times like
"did we eat something?", "all of that is green, red, blue". She did not answer complex questions, but she did answer simple, like: "Aren't you cold?" - "No", "How do you feel" - "Well". I put many efforts in order she did not hurt herself.

She bit me a few times, she hit me a few times - with no purpose obviously, just occasionally. And she apologized after that.

This was happening during a couple of hours and it was absolutely crazy. I did not expect such reaction since we had many LSD experiences before together, she took up to 400 micrograms.

Sometimes when she sleep, she could stand up on the bed, says a couple of words and then lay back and sleep again. So it looks like she was sleeping but very active sleeping at the same time.

Then gradually, she calmed down and recovered and was able to communicate. She did not remember anything after we came to the tent. All she remembered is she could trust me, that's all.

So the question is, what was that? Does that mean, she should not use psychedelic drugs at all, or only low doses? Or only mushrooms? Please suggest something :)
Thanks!

this is the natural dose curve effect for her succeptibility.
look at the case with most salvia smokers who take too much.
although salvia works through the system faster (half an hour max for blackout/whiteout)
the same thing is happenning with all psychedelics depending on the dosage.
what do they say
Subtle, Altered, Light, Visual, Immaterial, Amnesia
A trippers' delight is to have a visual trip, immaterial is very strange, but rewarding, but at the far end of the psychedelic (salvia) scale is always amnesia. New memory does not seem to form, recollections from your context are not arising, every sensation is too intense and lasts too long to permit associative mental activity.

I've seen several people go into a state like you are describing from high doses of mushrooms. None of them had any lasting issues and tripped later without any problems. She should be fine if she takes lower doses in the future. 4 grams can be an extremely powerful dose if the mushrooms are potent, and she might be much more sensitive to psychedelics than you are.

Thank you guys, it's very interesting. Is there a special name for that state? I wanna learn more about it.

I, as have a few people I have met who have taken significant amounts of acid, have experienced admittedly fairly short (no idea how long but not long enough for people around to become concerned) periods where in retrospect it seems we "blacked out". Personally I experienced this on one occasion while dancing and remained upright and continued dancing, so the "black out" was not "unconsciousness" in the classic sense. One friend remarked that he "lost" 2 hours during a trip and said he had no idea what he was doing - but that he must have had a great time. He was in a city centre club and would have been chucked out by security if he had been doing anything totally bizarre (great harm reduction techniques in some clubs :-s). I think Pupnik's comments above can be viewed as a viable theory to start with. In your own case (or rather that of your girlfriend) It seems no harm was done and no lasting negative effects experienced. Might be interesting to investigate why she ended up hitting you!

I remember when I was very young and tripping on mushrooms in sub-zero temperatures dressed in only light clothing - I didn't feel cold. That doesn't mean it's impossible to experience some level of hypothermia - I wonder if that plays into the amnesia.

"Catatonia"
I only got to the catatonic phase of tripping once. In the complete wrong place at the wrong time, sober folks called the medics. It's like you know what's going on around you but you don't. Sort of waking dream, so I see why you mentioned it. Sucked.

... Might be interesting to investigate why she ended up hitting you!

She just waved her limbs at all directions absolutely randomly, and there is not a lot of space in the tent for 2 people :) So it was inevitably she was able to hit me from time to time. Why she bit me - that's more interesting, I believe!

I've read a few topics here and understood that double dose could multiply effects more than double. I also remembered that we took 1gram of those mushrooms each 2 weeks before the forest trip, just to test it - and it was like the "museum" dose - very easy, barely changed state. I did not know that rule, now I know.

I think this might have been caused by the shroom weight issue. People tend to think that a big shroom is more powerful than a small one. Where cubes are concerned, IME that just isn't the case. I read somewhere that the majority of psilocybin / psylocin is dropped into the shroom when it firsts starts to form.

Therefore, one little cube will be almost as powerful as one much bigger one. This is why people think that cube mycelium gets weaker in later flushes. That isn't really the case, it's just that the shrooms grow bigger in later flushes.

So, if op's gf ate 4g's of tiny shrooms compared to everyone else eating 4g's of bigger ones, odds are she ate a lot more magic than they did.

Best way to ensure everyone has an equal trip from the same batch of shrooms is to dry them all, put the lot in a blender and then weigh out the resulting shroom dust.

I think this might have been caused by the shroom weight issue. People tend to think that a big shroom is more powerful than a small one. Where cubes are concerned, IME that just isn't the case. I read somewhere that the majority of psilocybin / psylocin is dropped into the shroom when it firsts starts to form.

Therefore, one little cube will be almost as powerful as one much bigger one. This is why people think that cube mycelium gets weaker in later flushes. That isn't really the case, it's just that the shrooms grow bigger in later flushes.

So, if op's gf ate 4g's of tiny shrooms compared to everyone else eating 4g's of bigger ones, odds are she ate a lot more magic than they did.

Best way to ensure everyone has an equal trip from the same batch of shrooms is to dry them all, put the lot in a blender and then weigh out the resulting shroom dust.

IME, aborts are gram for gram, noticeably stronger that the big, fully formed cubes.

Something you might try if you grow your own is to blend them up fresh and then frappe them and drink the blue goo...far superior, IME than the dried ones.
Also, if you have extra just pour into ice-cube tray and freeze for another day.

Last edited:
IME, aborts are gram for gram, noticeably stronger that the big, fully formed cubes.

Something you might try if you grow your own is to blend them up fresh and then frappe them and drink the blue goo...far superior, IME than the dried ones.
Also, if you have extra just pour into ice-cube tray and freeze for another day.
Beware the aborts! When I was green at shroom growing I knew nothing of their power. It just seemed a waste to throw them away. So I saved all the aborts from 5 flusges and ate the lot (30+) one boring Friday evening when I had nothing better to do. In total they weighed less than half a gram dried. Cue the most brutally intense shroom trip of my life!

Good tip with the blue shroom smoothie, I'll treat myself to that when my latest cake fruits in a couple weeks. :)

Beware the aborts! When I was green at shroom growing I knew nothing of their power. It just seemed a waste to throw them away./QUOTE]

Hehe, aborts for life! 3.5g of these babies provides a solid ++++, whereas 7 grams of poorly harvested shrooms barely spike at a ++