• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Strange "salty" taste - supposedly diazepam.

pharaoh

Bluelighter
As a years long user (and abuser) of benzos, I believe that I can generally get an indication of the legitimacy if the product by its taste: alprazolam - awful, strong bitter taste, clonazepam - kinda minty favoured, diazepam - usually a slight sweet taste and so on - a bit like how you know you've got legitimate zopiclone by the dreadful taste, especially the next day. I recently got some diazepam and they had an almost salt-like flavour. The brand has seems rare and has only 4 results on wedinos but all come back as positive for diazepam but I'm just wondering if there might be some kind of reason for this during the manufacturing process or the synthesis that could account for the weird flavour. I know that it is impossible to tell without testing and I am sending them off to wedinos next week but this is really a question to do with how a product might end up tasting like this as opposed to the "usual" taste? Or could they go out of date perhaps (or is that a really dumb question - seemed so while typing it?)? The tablets held me until I got some of a trusted brand that I have used for years and even then, I know that diazepam tablets could have sweetener put in with bitter tasting bromazolam which is the most common active ingredient in fake diazepam tablets here but the organised crime groups that press these tablets on an industrial scale don't usually bother with that but still.

Anyway, not an ID question but more of a chemistry one as I've never come across this weird flavour before and I wonder if it could come down to using different precursors or something. It's just had me curious for a few days now.