• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth strange reaction to iv meth

Believe me. In the UK the NHS tried to save money by telling doctors to prescribe certain antibiotics for 7 days when 10 days was CLEARLY indicated. The result was people returning with the infection, often then resistant to the original antibiotic and resulting in second-line antibiotics having to be employed in some cases.

Many of those second-line drugs have nasty side-effects.

NEVER self-prescribe antibiotics if you have any other options whatsoever. Most antibiotics kill bacteria that is required for the body's health and it's quite possible they will be ineffective against an unknown infection. So you lose twice over. Quite a few IV drug users I know have done this and the results were not positive in a single case.

Hey guys I have a problem when trying ti inject. I can push the needle in slow, snd I make sure my needle is as parallel to the vein as possible but 9/10 times I will not get a successful register until I’m pulling back on the needle. But then it’s too late because it hurts way too bad to continue with the shot. I’m guessing this means I’m going through the vein. I don’t understand how considering I’m using short needles and making sure I’m at least 45 degrees before entering the vein. Does anyone have any advice on how not to do this?

Hey guys I have a problem when trying ti inject. I can push the needle in slow, snd I make sure my needle is as parallel to the vein as possible but 9/10 times I will not get a successful register until I’m pulling back on the needle. But then it’s too late because it hurts way too bad to continue with the shot. I’m guessing this means I’m going through the vein. I don’t understand how considering I’m using short needles and making sure I’m at least 45 degrees before entering the vein. Does anyone have any advice on how not to do this?
Try not to use small veins.
You can also stick the needle in partially and pull back a small amount before you're in the vein, then when you get into the vein it'll register as soon as you're in without having to guess the depth.
What sort of pain is it? Are you using fresh pins every time? It could also be a cut in the meth.
Good luck. Best way around this is to quit injecting though, sadly.