• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth strange reaction to iv meth

pirate.swimz

Greenlighter
I have been a daily user of methamphetamine for several years, been injecting regularly for two. On several occasions recently I do a shot, and almost immediately develop a blister-yes, a bubble on my skin that is full of fluid-at the injection site. These are not misses-not all of them anyway. I think it must be some type of burn, and sometimes the blisters are huge. I try to be gentle with them, but they eventually pop, leaving a rough, black scab that remains for two-three months. When the scab finally comes off, it leaves a crater in my skin, then eventually the skin repairs itself.
Has anyone else had this experience? And any ideas what is going on?

Hydrochloric Acid burn blister from a localized high concentration of HCl in the meth.
But, ok, my friends are doing the same stuff as me, and it doesn’t happen to them. I mean, I can mix some in a shot glass, draw three shots out of the same mixture, and im The only one who ends up with a burn.

Yeah sounds like you need to use more water. You could get some pH strips and see if your solution is really acidic/alkaline and if feasible attempt to neutralise. More water should do the trick or at least help though.

Yeah sounds like you need to use more water. You could get some pH strips and see if your solution is really acidic/alkaline and if feasible attempt to neutralise. More water should do the trick or at least help though.
i Got some. It shows pH is around 9. How can I lower it?

Citric acid or vit c powder. You can normally get them from a needle exchange as they're used for injecting crack. Weird that it's alkaline though, and not sure 9 would be harmful, but others might know @pirate.swimz

Citric acid or vit c powder. You can normally get them from a needle exchange as they're used for injecting crack. Weird that it's alkaline though, and not sure 9 would be harmful, but others might know @pirate.swimz
Nine is the pH of sodium bicarbonate, otherwise known as baking soda.

You are correct that it is extremely incomprehensibly strange that methamphetamine would have a pH of nine. That tells us that it is not methamphetamine rather it is something else either completely something else or methamphetamine mixed with something else.

OR -- IT'S THE FREE BASE OF METHAMPHETAMINE

The free base of methamphetamine has a pH of around 9-10, and is a caustic amber liquid if my memory serves.

If somebody did the bleach test on meth and then added a little water it's possible that the pH could be 9 since bleach has a pH of 11+.

Tweakers do fucked up shit. It's not unbelievable that they could do the bleach test and then use that meth.

You are correct that it is extremely incomprehensibly strange that methamphetamine would have a pH of nine. That tells us that it is not methamphetamine rather it is something else either completely something else or methamphetamine mixed with something else.

The free base of methamphetamine has a pH of around 9-10, and is a caustic amber liquid if my memory serves.

If somebody did the bleach test on meth and then added a little water it's possible that the pH could be 9 since bleach has a pH of 11+.

Tweakers do fucked up shit. It's not unbelievable that they could do the bleach test and then use that meth.
I have done the bleach test, although not with this batch. But when I have done the bleach test, the meth dissolves, so not sure how you would then inject it. Also, the tiny crumb that I drop in the bleach would be equal to about 1/20 of what I do in a shot-wouldn't even be worth sticking myself for it.
I use methamphetamine-one might even say I abuse it. But I'm not a tweaker.

I have been a daily user of methamphetamine for several years, been injecting regularly for two. On several occasions recently I do a shot, and almost immediately develop a blister-yes, a bubble on my skin that is full of fluid-at the injection site. These are not misses-not all of them anyway. I think it must be some type of burn, and sometimes the blisters are huge. I try to be gentle with them, but they eventually pop, leaving a rough, black scab that remains for two-three months. When the scab finally comes off, it leaves a crater in my skin, then eventually the skin repairs itself.
Has anyone else had this experience? And any ideas what is going on?
No I can't say that I have.. you might be allergic to the metal or steel they use or the plastic in the syringe. Possibly even allergic to something in the drug itself. They use a wide variety of cut Into about every batch somewhere down the line I'm sure. And now they are even mixing fentanyl into it also.. so just be careful, try your best to find someone who you can trust to get it from. Not all dealers are heartless. You find someone you know will look out for the people they are selling to. So they know what's in it and make.sure they know your an IV user because some stuff you can smoke and not shoot and the other way around. I have had my veins burn before. Like really bad burns for a few seconds or so then stops. Then my skin stays bright bright pink, not exactly red more of a pink color. Then a few minutes later these white looking patches appear in different forms near the injection site and around the higher and lower areas for about 20 minutes and then go away. They don't hurt though...when I release the tie and the Drug starts to travel through the rest of my body is what hurts sometimes. But no sir/ma'am this isn't normal as far my reach goes personally and or anything I have came across online until now. How do you prepare yours before your IV use?

No I can't say that I have.. you might be allergic to the metal or steel they use or the plastic in the syringe. Possibly even allergic to something in the drug itself. They use a wide variety of cut Into about every batch somewhere down the line I'm sure. And now they are even mixing fentanyl into it also.. so just be careful, try your best to find someone who you can trust to get it from. Not all dealers are heartless. You find someone you know will look out for the people they are selling to. So they know what's in it and make.sure they know your an IV user because some stuff you can smoke and not shoot and the other way around. I have had my veins burn before. Like really bad burns for a few seconds or so then stops. Then my skin stays bright bright pink, not exactly red more of a pink color. Then a few minutes later these white looking patches appear in different forms near the injection site and around the higher and lower areas for about 20 minutes and then go away. They don't hurt though...when I release the tie and the Drug starts to travel through the rest of my body is what hurts sometimes. But no sir/ma'am this isn't normal as far my reach goes personally and or anything I have came across online until now. How do you prepare yours before your IV use?
I don't think I'm allergic to the syringe itself, because sometimes I shoot without incident. I'm also familiar with the typical burn of the drug traveling up your veins and the occasional hives at the injection site that come with it. This is not the same thing. What I'm talking about is a blister-filled with fluid) that develops like if the grease splashed on me while I was frying chicken. Actually, last week I heard about this stuff called "tranc" which is fentanyl and xylozene, which is known to leave similar sores on the user. But it doesn't make sense to me that anyone would pass this off with meth because meth is an upper and trans is a downer. If someone is looking to get "up", and the product makes them even more "down", they would probably consider it bad product, and find a better source. And the whole point of selling anything is to get repeat customers. You've got to have a quality product or your business is null. So, I don't think tranc is the culprit here. I have a steady source whom I have been loyal to for three years, so not worried about them trying to pull a hokey doke. but definitely some kind of chemical burn. When it finally heals, it leaves a scar similar to that of a puncture wound-hollow down to the vein. And three or four people can do the same dope, and two people get them and two don't. Seems to be completely random.

I
I don't think I'm allergic to the syringe itself, because sometimes I shoot without incident. I'm also familiar with the typical burn of the drug traveling up your veins and the occasional hives at the injection site that come with it. This is not the same thing. What I'm talking about is a blister-filled with fluid) that develops like if the grease splashed on me while I was frying chicken. Actually, last week I heard about this stuff called "tranc" which is fentanyl and xylozene, which is known to leave similar sores on the user. But it doesn't make sense to me that anyone would pass this off with meth because meth is an upper and trans is a downer. If someone is looking to get "up", and the product makes them even more "down", they would probably consider it bad product, and find a better source. And the whole point of selling anything is to get repeat customers. You've got to have a quality product or your business is null. So, I don't think tranc is the culprit here. I have a steady source whom I have been loyal to for three years, so not worried about them trying to pull a hokey doke. but definitely some kind of chemical burn. When it finally heals, it leaves a scar similar to that of a puncture wound-hollow down to the vein. And three or four people can do the same dope, and two people get them and two don't. Seems to be completely random.

know the rush isn't the same, but I like smoking big clouds from a pizzo bulb pipe. When I'm totally sober or maybe just a little bit drunk, smoking is enough. I've IVd meth and it's good but smoking is more fun and plenty strong...safer too, especially in your case OP.

Entirely unrelated but your posts with regards to MDMA abuse helped me tremendously and I want to thank you

Hello fellow bluelighters can anyone tell me if I should be concerned about this. About 2 days ago I shot up in my leg (I know I shouldn’t but arm veins are getting impossible to hit) and when I was getting ready to do another about 5-6 hours after I noticed where I had shot up hurts pretty bad and was getting pretty red. I slept on it (slept for about 24 hrs since I had been up several days) well when I woke up it didn’t hurt as bad but the redness seems to be spreading and it’s definitely warm to the touch but also the pain is slowly getting better. Is this something I should be concerned about? Does it seem like it’s time for another trip to the hospital? Also the skin around it feels very tight and almost “hard” feeling

Hello fellow bluelighters can anyone tell me if I should be concerned about this. About 2 days ago I shot up in my leg (I know I shouldn’t but arm veins are getting impossible to hit) and when I was getting ready to do another about 5-6 hours after I noticed where I had shot up hurts pretty bad and was getting pretty red. I slept on it (slept for about 24 hrs since I had been up several days) well when I woke up it didn’t hurt as bad but the redness seems to be spreading and it’s definitely warm to the touch but also the pain is slowly getting better. Is this something I should be concerned about? Does it seem like it’s time for another trip to the hospital? Also the skin around it feels very tight and almost “hard” feeling
It sounds like you may need antibiotics if there's a spreading red/warm patch.
Impossible to diagnose you over the internet though, you should get it checked out if it's worrying you.
This is why I've stopped IVing drugs. Every time is a roll of the dice and even with perfect technique you're still injecting dirty street drugs into your vein.
I like to smoke meth, which of course has its own risks, but not as bad as with IV.
Hope you get better soon.

Definitely doing better. I ended up going to urgent care and they gave me some antibiotics so we’re all good. I woulda just went there to begin with but I called first and they said they wouldn’t know what to do and I should probably just go to the ER. But I just went in anyway and they got it fixed. Idk what the lady on the phone was talking about. @axe battler

Definitely doing better. I ended up going to urgent care and they gave me some antibiotics so we’re all good.

Sorry to nerd out the thread - but make sure you complete the course of antibiotics. If you don't completely kill the bacteria, the few that survive will be mutants that are antibiotic resistant. Their life-cycle is fast so while we tend to think of evolution over millions of years, some bacteria reproduce every 15 minutes. So it could return, but be harder to treat.

take care