• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Strange reaction to Diazepam?

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
I have been on Diazepam for 16 years daily as prescribed for anxiety. The strange thing is if I increase the dose by just 1mg my anxiety gets worse, why is this?

For me benzos were not an issue aside from rebound anxiety after increasing after steady dosing sometimes but the other thought that comes to mind is what happens on opioids where a higher dose could decrease my respiration and my body over compensated by increasing my heart rate which I then perceived as anxiety/panic. The difference was I felt the lethargy in the latter.

I have been on Diazepam for 16 years daily as prescribed for anxiety. The strange thing is if I increase the dose by just 1mg my anxiety gets worse, why is this?

Before I experienced panic attacks and heavy bouts of anxiety benzo's would make me anxious and fucking generally horrible.
What happens if you take less MO?

16 years - your dose would be baseline, part of your genetic make up as it were. Maybe you don't need it anymore MO, I take a max of 5mgs daily but it's just a hangover from a bad couple of years PTSD. I'm almost completely off Lyrica and sertraline, once they're gone Diaz is going next.