• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Strange Phenibut Effect = Anybody Else?

I don't actually get drunk, though. I get baclofen/phenibut effects from alcohol along with dissociation typical from something like DXM. I only feel alcoho'ls effects on the inward rectifying potassium channels and the NMDA receptors, never the GABA A. I just get stimulated, talkative, and a little dissociated.

That sounds awful. Good luck and hang in there. I get that same feeling whenever I had to go through baclofen withdrawals.

I get stimulated, talkative, and a little dissociated with alcohol too. It also makes me feel happy if I'm in the right situation. Drinking with friends and being social as opposed to drinking alone.

Dexedrine withdrawal is awful at first. I'm over the worst part. I've had all this time off work to recover. It took willpower, but I found the energy to get up and go to the gym every day. Even on day 1. By the time I go back to work, the worst aftereffect will be running out of energy a little too early in the day. Extra coffee helps in the short term.

I envy your willpower. I wish I could have done those things during my baclofen withdrawal, but that comes with derealization/dissocation, awful anxiety/panic, pseudo-hyperthermia and hyperhidrosis (I mean sweat pouring down your face and chest and back - even in 30 degree weather).

I've never had a problem with willpower with quitting stimulants. I used to buy an ounce of coke and have it last a couple years. I've got a huge stash of dexedrine (legally prescribed), but I'm over it. I won't take it again unless it's an emergency, like if there's a recession and I get laid off from my job.

I've been through alcohol / phenibut / benzo / opiate withdrawal before. Amphetamine withdrawal sucks, but it's mostly tiredness and boredom along with depression. Nothing's interesting; nothings fun. You're sleepy but you can't sleep. Everything is exhausting. You get through it, then the next day you have a little more energy than the day before.

You just have to pass the time to get through it. Benzo / opiate withdrawal is way worse.

I've never had a problem with willpower with quitting stimulants. I used to buy an ounce of coke and have it last a couple years. I've got a huge stash of dexedrine (legally prescribed), but I'm over it. I won't take it again unless it's an emergency, like if there's a recession and I get laid off from my job.

I've been through alcohol / phenibut / benzo / opiate withdrawal before. Amphetamine withdrawal sucks, but it's mostly tiredness and boredom along with depression. Nothing's interesting; nothings fun. You're sleepy but you can't sleep. Everything is exhausting. You get through it, then the next day you have a little more energy than the day before.

You just have to pass the time to get through it. Benzo / opiate withdrawal is way worse.

Oh I didn't mean your willpower in quitting. I meant your willpower to get out and go to the gym and stuff.

Oh I didn't mean your willpower in quitting. I meant your willpower to get out and go to the gym and stuff.

Weightlifting is addictive in a different way. A healthier kind of way. No matter what I'm going through in life, the weights are there for me. Going through withdrawal, I could stay in bed all day and feel sad. Or I could put in the effort to get a decent workout and feel better. The rest of the day is just better after a good workout.

When I first got phenibut I didn't have my glasses on when I was reading the dosing instructions. I ended up taking a tbsp instead of a tsp. That was horrible. It was awesome at first as it felt like being shit cocked drunk...but the next day I had what roxi would describe as the brain zaps. I was also so nauseated that I could barely move. My head felt so hungover that I couldn't even open my eyes in the day.

I faintly remember having extremely vivid dreams.

Another effect I am having: I keep hearing a faint, talk radio station in the background. There is no radio in my house.

Also, and the most severe and annoying, and worst, effect, in my opinion - the ringing and vibrating has stopped - is the fucking sweating.

I am drenched in it. Even with a fan and AC. My face is pouring sweat. My clothes are soaked. When I was outside today doing things, I was sweating like a waterfall. I mean literally - it was like dripping on the ground and everything.

I'm sure everybody who knows anything could tell I was coming off drugs.

Last edited:
Sweating can actually be an early withdrawal symptom. It's like that with alcohol too. Coming off daily phenibut use, my bed would get soaked every night even with the AC. I'd have to switch places in bed a few times to avoid the wet parts. The worst part of the sweating is over after the first couple days.

Gabapentinoids and phenibut -- whether you consider phenibut one of them or not... do not effect me for whatever reason.

Kinda ignorant to do this but I guess we all learn from are mistakes somehow haha sounds like you may of had a seizure or just passed the fuck out, never combine this many drugs again though i know clonidine potentiates a lot of drugs.

They were my regular meds. I didn't combine them idab... don't call me ignorant please.

and btw I got seven hours of sleep today :) I got my am 2201 but it was cut by a large quantity of a RC benzodiazepine based on its effects...I am fucking pissed. It had minimal cannabinoid effects.

Is there anything I can do about this?

They were my regular meds. I didn't combine them idab... don't call me ignorant please.

and btw I got seven hours of sleep today :) I got my am 2201 but it was cut by a large quantity of a RC benzodiazepine based on its effects...I am fucking pissed. It had minimal cannabinoid effects.

You can buy better quality pure cannabinoids. I don't know where, exactly, but pure am-2201 was easy to find online when it was legal in the US. All of these drugs should be legal. We should know exactly what we're taking when we buy something. It's a travesty that they're banning newer drugs like am-2201 and jwh-018 while drugs like oxycodone and hydromorphone are prescribed legally.

I'm not saying it wasn't fucking awesome, but I wanted my goddamn am 2201.

I know placs online to get pue am 2201. But I hadn't slept in four days and I needed a cannabinoid and I knew somebody who had am 2201 and I asked for some and he sent me some - but he cut - it via 2 day mail because it was pertinent. Maybe he put the benzodiazepine in because I told him about the sever, persistent lack of sleep.

It did work. shortly after smoking I slept for 7 hours straight and I just slept another 5 more. I wish I knew what benzodiazepine it was, though.

You're in massive denial. People routinely die from taking their prescribed meds alone sometimes.

Doesnt make a difference if they were your regular meds, you should know better, I know your a smart girl but you made a mistake, we all do that sometimes.

You are wrong. My recreation is regardless of medications i take. i explained it. so dont say that. they maintain constant blood levels and I use my substances with these blood levels. You are wrong sir. so dont go saying I made a mistake

If you are experiencing these side effects then you have made a mistake... you had to make a post about it too. It is never smart to combine medications especially 7 medications.