• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Strange movement after using heroin while completely unaware

Trodgers91

Greenlighter
Hello,

I?m not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes. I have a friend that hasn?t slept much in the last three days. This friend was using iv heroin in front of me. Immediately after use, he starts moving very strangely. This has happened several times and he snaps out of it when I say something to him. I finally took a video of him doing this and showed it to him and he had no idea he was doing it. He thought he was standing still the entire time. Anyone experience anything like this?

Thanks

I wonder if HE was simply beginning to nod out (*pass out) but maybe he's one of those ppl whose bodies have a neurological response (it's ugly IT looks kinda like a seizure? ) just before passing out??
My husband has that condition. He doesn't use drugs at all but a couple times over the years he's passed out due to exhaustion or low blood sugar. Any way his mother had this condition and so does his identical twin.
If this is the same thing your friend is experiencing, the Event itself it generally harmless. You have to make sure the persons body is not in any position in which his jerky movements could result in his injury.....perhaps have him Lie Down right after dosing, where his head IS NOT near anything dangerous if he jerks around.

This Is ALL speculation : DO NOT take my musings as medical advice or in place of a consult or exam from a medical professional. It simply sounds alot like that condition my husband n his family members have. Honestly I dont think the doctors we saw ever put a label on it (???)
Just that what we experienced here was a "neurological response to the body passing out".

If it happens again or if your friend is concerned, see a doctor and take the phone video with you as of course he won't be able to repeat the action on command in front of a doctor.
Stay safe..

I would suggest LOWER DOSING on the substances as well. Good luck.... be sure he's not using Alone either. EVER.

It's a fairly common phenomena. I used to experience it myself when abusing duragesic's back in the day, so I always associated it the fentanyl, which might be why reports of it are increasing(fent in heroin). I don't know if its is specific to fentanyl's action, or just brought about by its high potency.

Okay, that makes sense. It didn?t happen until we met this new new supplier and the new stuff is white and probably all fent. It seems to be getting much worse though. My friend is incomplete denial about the dope have anything to do with it and is unwilling to see any medical professional about it. I?m gonna try my best to change his mind. Thank you!

I don't mean to scare you and again I would seek the help of a medical professional as it's almost impossible for us to identify the problem and it might even put him in danger if we do.

That being said there was a case of MPTP-induced parkinson's, which caused parkinson's-like movement in user who had accidentally injected MPTP (a toxic prodrug) that was found in some heroin.

edit: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK27974/

All a persom can do IS Encourage a friend to seek medical advice n get a real check up.
Otherwise you can always call EMS if you witness It again.

I?ve read about that mptp-induced Parkinson?s. I?m using the same heroin, so if that were the cause I should also be affected. I?ve seen it happen a few more times since and it no longer seems to coincide with the heroin use. It seems to be myoclonus jerks.