• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Strange IV coke - Experienced - no effects?

Eagleman

Bluelighter
Last night I bought a sixteenth and decided to try IV coke by itself for the first time (the only other time was in a speedball). No effects! None! I was looking forward to the famous "bellringer" and the most intense buzz of my life and got zilch.
When I speedballed, the shot was prepared for me so I have no idea how you're supposed to prep cocaine for IV.
It was NOT bunk, cuz after tryin to bang it 3 times I gave up and snorted away and got railed outta my fuckin skull--so I know it was good shit. It was mostly rock and the rocks were kinda soft like Ivory soap. I won't lie and try to brag up my shit like some Peruvian Colombian fish scale, but it was good.
I started out with a lines worth. Nothing. Not even a taste. Then I did more than that, about twenty dollars' worth ( a little under .25). NADA! Then I threw in almost half a g (always using 1 cc of water. ZILCH!
In my understanding you don't heat coke. Correct? Cuz I didn't.
Lie I said, after I got frustrated and gave up my buddy and I snorted away and got wicked spun. And also like I said it was soft rock. It was good blow.
WTF happened?

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_cocaine
substancecode_stimulants
explevel_experienced
exptype_neutral
roacode_iv

Last edited by a moderator:
That is weird. With good coke (which has been changed to crack then back to cocaine hcl to remove any initial cutting substance the Columbians might have used like levasmiole or mannitol) you should only need a very small pinch for IV - and you should get a bell ringer. I am surprised you shot such large amounts to no effect - I have no idea what drug wouldn't work when IV'd but would when snorted. I'm not sure how this didn't work for you.

I will say though that if you have a large cocaine tolerance, IV cocaine can be rather subtle in effects (compared to snorting it) when you factor in the length of duration, and the way IV cocaine doesn't have such a harsh come down that snorting cocaine (of lower quality) can have.

Also, this is more of a Trip Report; Mind if I move this from OD to TR, Eagleman?

That is weird. With good coke (which has been changed to crack then back to cocaine hcl to remove any initial cutting substance the Columbians might have used like levasmiole or mannitol) you should only need a very small pinch for IV - and you should get a bell ringer. I am surprised you shot such large amounts to no effect - I have no idea what drug wouldn't work when IV'd but would when snorted. I'm not sure how this didn't work for you.

I will say though that if you have a large cocaine tolerance, IV cocaine can be rather subtle in effects (compared to snorting it) when you factor in the length of duration, and the way IV cocaine doesn't have such a harsh come down that snorting cocaine (of lower quality) can have.

Also, this is more of a Trip Report; Mind if I move this from OD to TR, Eagleman?

Do what ya gotta do. I'd like to keep it in OD for a little while though, just to get a few answers No I have no cocaine tolerance, the last time I used it was at my bachelor party in 2006. So yeah, been awhile. :)
Ninje Boy: if it was crack, it wouldn't have done shit if snorted it.

eagleman

if you snort cracck it will still get into your system by dripping down to your stomach

however you missing the shot is more likely , when i miss my shots i hardly feel anything (no rush and thats what coke/crack is all about)

IV crack is the same as IV cocaine. To make it dissolve, you have to use an acid, such as vinegar (acetic) or lemon juice (citric), which gives you cocaine acetate or cocaine citrate respectively. One could argue that its better to use crack, because there's usually less cuts than if you use powder.

If you snorted it and it worked just fine, then it had to be powder, because the freebase doesnt work so great when snorted (although it does work). it sounds like you just missed your shots, but it would be kinda obvious if you missed (bruises and bulges under your skin kinda obvious), but something had to be fucked up in the preparation for you to not get anything.

I know. To repeat to everyone, it was not crack. CH, go ahead and move this to TR. I guess I'm not getting any answers. It was not crack, and I did not miss three shots in a row.

I have never heard of this before did you use alot of heat to dissolve maybe? coke dissolves in a second by itself maybe if you used heat it made it less potent.

Did not use heat either. Mixed with water, flitered and shot. Did not miss.

if you got the taste ima say perhaps you didnt shoot enough but if you did a half g shot that basically enuf to make someone od. atleast it would in my case. ima still say you didnt shoot enough.

I know. To repeat to everyone, it was not crack. CH, go ahead and move this to TR. I guess I'm not getting any answers. It was not crack, and I did not miss three shots in a row.

Sorry to hear that, it's going over to TR.

Some very knowledgeable PD folk browse TR a lot, they may know something about this.

FOR THE RECORD

do NOT use lemon juice to dissolve crack for injection - this can end up with a rather nasty infection and may eventually cause blindness.

its as much of a mystery to everyone else as it was to you.

There could be a number of reasons for this, i am not going to go into the many scenarios because theyre pretty obvious and you seem adamant that u know your shit so.....

better luck next time cause that just aint right.

Nah, no next time. I gotta get clean. I've been on drugs long enough. CH you can close this thread unless someone wants to chime in. As SmokyMcPot said, I am genuinely stumped. Who cares at this point.

thats unfortunate. i didnt feel coke the first time i ived.... but i did the second, i puked lol.
grab another sack and try again, but this time, go thru ur other dude lol