View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Strange first time LSD?

Blackmoon

Greenlighter
So the night started off with me getting 4 blotters for me and my friend where we were gonna drop in my house. We dropped at half 6 and waited and watched tv till about half 7. Things started to breath a little but nothing crazy, no colours or whatever (apparently these were 200ug) mine tasted a bit bitter and his didn't taste of anything. Later on we went to the pub which was my friends idea, things got a little weird and I felt very alien and questioned everything, I felt like I was surrounded by fake people. I started getting really depressed and stuff, but I pushed through this, reminding myself about good things and taking my mind off it playing pool which I just couldn't do at all! So we were sick of nothing happening so we dropped another tab because we thought why not. Went back to the pub, things got a little hazy ect but nothing wow, my pupils weren't even big! After then we returned back to mine to watch tv and I felt pretty chill and a little bit of visuals but no closed eye visuals. I face timed my girlfriend cause I said I would but I was extremely tired, I was really tired all the way through the night! Anyway after this I stopped being tired and was wide awake. I then went to bed where it took ages to get to sleep. My friend didn't feel anything much either.

What was this? And why did it happen?It was pretty shit and it sucks cause it was my first time and it was his too:(

Thankyou for reading.

Thanks jack, I thought of that but my friend just said it would be alright. Hopefully next time I can score some real shit:(

How many hours after your first dose did you taake th e second dose? If it was past 3 or 4 hours it has no effect anyway.

It was about 2 hours. I talked to the guy I got if off, he told me I had to keep it under my lip for 40 mins.

Definitely not real LSD. NBOMe's are inactive when swallowed, but they work when held in your lip. LSD works whether you swallow it or not. Real LSD does not taste bitter. Next time it would be best to try and get a test kit before ingesting such a powerful mind altering substance. That shit can kill you.

NBOMe's are inactive when swallowed, but they work when held in your lip.

Hasn't this been refuted?

I don't see any real reason to believe that this wasn't LSD. It sounds to me like maybe you just took some relatively weak LSD. One of you found it bitter, the other didn't. There is ambiguity there. If you want to know what it was, get it tested. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

Either way, I think it's somewhat irrelevent to the general gist of your post. BTW it almost certainly wasn't 200 micrograms. And you don't need to hold it under your tongue for 40 minutes. About five minutes is sufficient.

Anyway, to answer the gist of your post, there is absolutely nothing strange about what happened other than you took a psychedelic then went to the pub.

Of course you felt weird, because pubs ARE weird, and especially on LSD (probably, I've never had the urge). It's weird enough sitting down doing nothing on LSD, never mind going to a pub.

Good place to do LSD: psy trance festival
Terrible place to do LSD: pub

Everything felt alien and fake and depressing because you took a psychedelic in an establishment built for people drinking alcohol and getting drunk. You couldn't play pool because you were off your tits. You couldn't sleep because you were on drugs. Everything happened exactly as I'd expect.

Next time you take LSD, sit in a nice cosy room with good vibes, good tunes and good company. If you want to go somewhere else, take a walk in nature.

Don't sit round watching TV then go to a pub! Otherwise... Well, you know better than me! It gets a bit weird it seems! Haha.

Peace. X

Last edited:
sounds like low dose LSD in a shit environment with the inevitable cant sleep at the end but fuck all trip

So the night started off with me getting 4 blotters for me and my friend where we were gonna drop in my house. We dropped at half 6 and waited and watched tv till about half 7. Things started to breath a little but nothing crazy, no colours or whatever (apparently these were 200ug) mine tasted a bit bitter and his didn't taste of anything. Later on we went to the pub which was my friends idea, things got a little weird and I felt very alien and questioned everything, I felt like I was surrounded by fake people. I started getting really depressed and stuff, but I pushed through this, reminding myself about good things and taking my mind off it playing pool which I just couldn't do at all! So we were sick of nothing happening so we dropped another tab because we thought why not. Went back to the pub, things got a little hazy ect but nothing wow, my pupils weren't even big! After then we returned back to mine to watch tv and I felt pretty chill and a little bit of visuals but no closed eye visuals. I face timed my girlfriend cause I said I would but I was extremely tired, I was really tired all the way through the night! Anyway after this I stopped being tired and was wide awake. I then went to bed where it took ages to get to sleep. My friend didn't feel anything much either.

What was this? And why did it happen?It was pretty shit and it sucks cause it was my first time and it was his too:(

Thankyou for reading.

This sounds like exactly what I would expect. A pub is not a good setting for a first trip. Taking LSD in the evening is a bad idea because it will prevent you from sleeping. Trying to meet an appointment (like facetiming your girlfriend) during a trip is a recipe for failure.

If you want a better experience, do some research on creating a proper set and setting for yourself. Also, as has been mentioned, test your blotters with Ehrlich's reagent so you know what you're taking.

Definitely not real LSD. NBOMe's are inactive when swallowed, but they work when held in your lip. LSD works whether you swallow it or not. Real LSD does not taste bitter. Next time it would be best to try and get a test kit before ingesting such a powerful mind altering substance. That shit can kill you.

This has been refuted. NBOMe's can be active when swallowed. OP's blotters could quite possibly have been real LSD. Getting a test kit is a good idea, though.

How many hours after your first dose did you taake the second dose? If it was past 3 or 4 hours it has no effect anyway.

Yeah, and just to add to this, it would probably only serve to perhaps prolong the trip.

If the acid was relatively weak, then redosing would probably just cause extended residual stimulation towards the tail end. Hence being unable to sleep.

Acid is strange, pubs are strange. LSD is like an antidote to pub culture. Get the LSD tested, and if it comes back as LSD, maybe try again somewhere beautiful, with some positive stimulation for your mind.

I've had this sort of experience before. I took a tab and after an hour nothing happened so I ate another one and all of a sudden it just kicked in, everything was moving so slow..

Just be careful, you never truly know what you're taking unless you get a testing kit!

Thankyou to everyone that replied:) next time I'll be with my
Closest friend listening to music:)