• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Strange effects of sniffing GABA supplement pills in benzo withdrawal?

Aqlis

Discord Admin; Peas & Pasta Czar
Staff member
"My sister was about to have a seizure because of her benzo withdrawal. We had no benzos. All we had was GABA pills (actually just GABA 250mg). Looked up oral BioAvail and its shit right?
I mean the bitch is literally in the tingle zone now its (the seizure) about to hit right. So I mean we go "fuck it we ball" and crush up the GABA pill and she snorts it
shes FINE within 20 minutes. Her eyes were permanently dilated for a year, and you couldn't even see iris color. her eyes are FINE, for the first time in a YEAR
I don't know how correct this was, it was very much a panic induced decision
But it fixed her up so good she's laying in her bed and looking out the window and shes like "I can understand how people can just chill and look at trees now"
all I know is that my sister looks healthier than she's looked in the past few years that I've seen her, and she's excitedly showing her eye color to her friends on videocall right now. Could this be THE shit to help halt benzo WD seizures? cuz dude she was like about to pop and that shit just almost instantly killed it, faster than a xan would (this is from someone with seizure experience of his own)"

This account seems very unusual to me but I know these two people quite well, they're not lying, and the improvement in the sister's condition is major enough that I doubt it's all placebo. Anyone know more about the biodynamics of GABA supplement, or intranasal use? I doubt it's really reliable as a benzo seizure halting agent but this is definitely very interesting to me.

this paper seems relevant but I'm unable to find its reference number to put into https://www.sci-hub.se/

this paper seems relevant but I'm unable to find its reference number to put into https://www.sci-hub.se/

This is fascinating, excellent find!!

-GC

I used to take a few grams of GABA orally before bed and it almost always made me feel like I was having a panic attack before I would feel somewhat mellow. I would find it really hard to breathe and in some sort of odd masochistic sense evwn grew to quite enjoy it. I think it does have some activity despite the literature as I started to get little hints of rebound anxiety the next day akin (just mildly at least) to GABAergic/benzo rebound.