• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

strange budz

CosmicG

Bluelighter
Alright guys I get my buds from a very reliable source that I trust. The man gets great weed for unbeatable deals because we are closely tied. This last half I purchased is not up to par. It looks like fantastic weed but has virtually no smell and tastes bad. It leaves an undesirable after taste in your mouth. It burns up really fast because its very dry, and sometimes makes my head hurt but does undeniably get me stoned to the bone. Also..it makes my lips tingle like a slight burning sensation..but only sometimes.

Again very reliable source I trust that gets medical grade A shit normally. It looks like fantastic bud, but smoking it feels odd unfamiliar and unnatural. Thoughts?

Alright guys I get my buds from a very reliable source that I trust. The man gets great weed for unbeatable deals because we are closely tied. This last half I purchased is not up to par. It looks like fantastic weed but has virtually no smell and tastes bad. It leaves an undesirable after taste in your mouth. It burns up really fast because its very dry, and sometimes makes my head hurt but does undeniably get me stoned to the bone. Also..it makes my lips tingle like a slight burning sensation..but only sometimes.

Again very reliable source I trust that gets medical grade A shit normally. It looks like fantastic bud, but smoking it feels odd unfamiliar and unnatural. Thoughts?
If its missing good taste, proper moisture levels, has a weird smell or texture or burns funny, I'm out. As far as the tingling lips, perhaps it's been sprayed with an adulterant to add weight. I wouldn't trust it.

I hear you and agree full heartedly.however it does get me high in the classic way that it should and I have known this source for years. He smokes the same bud he provides for me and so do all of his friends and family. If it were to happen again I may bring it up in conversation but this is what I am hopefully assuming going to be only a one time thing.

I hear you and agree full heartedly.however it does get me high in the classic way that it should and I have known this source for years. He smokes the same bud he provides for me and so do all of his friends and family. If it were to happen again I may bring it up in conversation but this is what I am hopefully assuming going to be only a one time thing.
Yeah I guess it all depends on how picky you want to be. I'm assuming he doesn't grow his own or even know the people who DO grow it. That being said, it could be a number of different issues. I don't doubt that he's a good guy but like I said, it's all on if you want to pay for shit like that.

It's probably been improperly flushed leaving nutes or more likely he overfed it and the plant went into shock. This is just a guess of possible grow screw ups vs. intentionally screwing.... Some don't care if it is quality just if it's there.

Thanks for the replies. I can assure you know one here was intentionally screwed and that after a decade of smoking weed I am no snob if thats what you mean. I would not consider this bud shit for if I did I wouldn't smoke it or even bring it up in the first place. I can see grow screw ups being a possibility.

Getting tingly lips sounds a little strange to me. May I ask what you smoke out of most often?

A pic? I have heard of people buying fake weed from the headshops and spraying synthetic cannabis on it but that does'nt sound like what you have.

Sometimes you just get shit weed ... True story ... I got buds 6 weeks ago that tickled my lungs so bad I couldn't hold my hits, coughing and wheezing.

Does the ash burn clean white? Ive overfed plants or improperly flushed that smoked how you described, and the ash can even be brown if its bad enough. I think its a strong possibility this batch wasnt grown properly, I dont think its mishandling on the dealing chain of command.

Also a lack of a cure can contribute to shitty taste and lack of smell or grassy smell. Id wager putting some in a small glass jar for a few days(I keep a baby food jar for small cures) would probably increase the quality a bit. Make sure to burp the jars daily. Unfortunately Ive never had my lips burn and I couldnt imagine why they would. Id hesitate to call adulterant but in a decade+ of toking Ive never had tingly lips from buds, even that seedy stemmy nonsense back in the day.

My guess is that the plants have been overfertilized which has resulted in mold issues and to prevent the mold from spreading the plants have been cut down early and the buds have been speed-dried. All three things contribute to poor weed.

Also a lack of a cure can contribute to shitty taste and lack of smell or grassy smell. Id wager putting some in a small glass jar for a few days(I keep a baby food jar for small cures) would probably increase the quality a bit. Make sure to burp the jars daily. Unfortunately Ive never had my lips burn and I couldnt imagine why they would. Id hesitate to call adulterant but in a decade+ of toking Ive never had tingly lips from buds, even that seedy stemmy nonsense back in the day.

The curing process needs moisture so if the bud is bone dry this won't help. Adding moisture (for example by putting an apple slice in the jar with the buds) and doing this might help though. Keep an eye out for mold if you do this.

A cure will even help dry buds 421. It still removes chlorophyll thats fouling up the uncured flower.

I wouldnt add moist fruit to rot in there with your sealed buds unless you plan to smoke the whole stash fairly quickly. We did it in high school when we were like 15 if the buds broke up to dust, but even then it was only nominally effective and only in small amounts. Otherwise youre just fouling up your buds even more and risking mold inhalation.

I never experienced mold growing cannabis by overfertilization either and Ive done it several times. Mold comes from plants with dense buds that are oversaturated with water and dont have a means to dry up.

A cure will even help dry buds 421. It still removes chlorophyll thats fouling up the uncured flower.

Good point that's true.

I wouldnt add moist fruit to rot in there with your sealed buds unless you plan to smoke the whole stash fairly quickly. We did it in high school when we were like 15 if the buds broke up to dust, but even then it was only nominally effective and only in small amounts. Otherwise youre just fouling up your buds even more and risking mold inhalation.

I've never done it but I have had success with adding moist buds to jars with dry buds. But it's risky for sure.

I never experienced mold growing cannabis by overfertilization either and Ive done it several times. Mold comes from plants with dense buds that are oversaturated with water and dont have a means to dry up.

Dense buds will provide good conditions for mold to grow but healthy plants are much less susceptible than plants that have been damaged, for example by overfertilization.

http://extension.psu.edu/pests/plant-diseases/all-fact-sheets/botrytis-or-gray-mold said:
Botrytis must have nutrients or some food source before it invades the plant. Nutrients leaking from wounded plant parts or from dying tissue such as old flower petals provide the required nutrients. From this food base, the fungus becomes more aggressive and invades healthy tissue. A dark to light brown rot forms in the diseased tissue. High humidity conditions favor the growth of this fungus.

Sites Of First Infection

• Wounded tissue such as large stubs left after taking cuttings.
  • Fading flowers.
  • Leaves on which fading infected flowers have fallen.
  • Broken stems or injured leaves.
  • Leaves damaged by over-fertilization, spray damage, or mechanical injury.
  • Seedlings grown under cool, moist conditions.
  • Cuttings taken from plants with heavy infestations of Botrytis

Ive never seen cannabis leak any fluids though when wounded, i.e. when cutting clones off or accidentally snap branches/a stalk.

Interesting link bud.

Ive never seen cannabis leak any fluids though when wounded, i.e. when cutting clones off or accidentally snap branches/a stalk.

Interesting link bud.

That's weird, it's quite common.

It can happen from veg:

BA55dayspic8.jpg

To very late flowering:

sap-stem-cannabis-sm.jpg

(Disclaimer: Photos are not mine, from a google image search for cannabis sap...)

Wow thanks for the info and evidence 421. Ive cut more than a few clones in my day, and accidentally snapped branches more than once, and never seen bright red sap (looks like blood!) or any sap really from a vegging plant. Nor that amber fluid in the 2nd picture of flowering. Those pictures are worth a thousand words though.

I appreciate the knowledge. My initial reaction would be that even that amount of sap is too small an amount to cause mold on a large scale, but then again I didnt even believe cannabis leaked sap, which Ive never personally experienced but am seeing 1st hand evidence of. I dont have too much experience with mold or bud rot, possibly because I am fortunate enough to be an outdoor grower in southern CA where the ever present sun keeps plants dry virtually year round.

I appreciate your info and solid links to back it up, youve taught me something today. Smoke one for me, Ill be dry until Wednesday :)

When ever you get weed that is too dry take an orange peel and leave it in your bag for a hour. Not only will it give your bud moisture but it will make it smell good too.

could be one of 3 things, or all 3...
not flushed correctly, not dried correctly, or sprayed with something after harvest...

OP I've had a batch that sounds pretty much just like you described- it was dense and had a dark purple color to it but lacked smell other than a faint grassy smell. When smoked it wouldn't stay lit in a joint, it would burn for a bit but would keep going out even when I smoked it in a joint with a few people. Also it would leave a dark black as that had a slight shimmer to it, like glossy almost. It got us stoned, but I remember stopping 1/4 of the way through with some buddies that we've smoked endless sessions together. I remember feeling fucked, but not in a good way- I felt high but it was becoming more and more unpleasant and uncomfortable.

After a few sessions I decided to try making edibles out of it since it was pretty much practically unsmokeable. I can't remember the exact process I used but I remember boiling it in water and buttter for a few hours and when I strained the ground up weed out of the water I was left with dark green grounds and a purple water. Ya purple water. I remember tripping out a little off of it and then pretty much decided to throw out the whole batch. The edible were weak as fuck if I remember right, but then again I am pretty sure I never ate much of them at all and tossed the majority of them.

It sucked, but I learned an expensive lesson that week. The smell is a very strong signifier of how potent the bud is going to be. I'm sure there are ways to fake it as well, but there really isn't a cost effective way to fake both look and smell of good weed. At the time I was pretty sure I had been conned and even called up the guy I had got it from with a full on accusation, even told him he better bring the cash back haha. Looking back though I'm pretty sure it wasn't flushed right, probably grown with some shit like miracle grow, and blasted with some purple food coloring or some shit to give it the dark purple color at the end of the flowering cycle/ during the curing process. I doubt it was cured and kept very well either after all that.

There are reports(mostly in the UK from what I've seen) of people spraying weed with things like tiny glass beads, lead, sand, and probably a range of other cheap household products to give the buds more weight, but I have never heard of or seen first hand someone who has gotten weed laced with another drug. I can't really picture a drug dealer putting other drugs on shitty weed, especially in todays world with weed being one of the cheapest street drugs and most available. I can see some sleezy mother trucker dusting a pound of shit weed with lead dust so he can make an extra 300 bucks or whatever. Or maybe more likely some would-be grower who started growing to help out his financial struggles only to muck it up and put himself deeper in the hole, who then loads his buds up with purple food coloring right before dropping them to give his mostly failed crop some sort of market appeal(yeah I thought about that one a lot when I was angry lol).