• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

strange bruising

Bigsammy610

Bluelighter
Hey fellow bluelighters. My friend has been sniffing heroin for a week now. Her legs and feet have swolen up and bruising has occurred on her legs.

She is anemic. Think this is a coincidence? Any theories? Throughout my using I had never witnessed this. Strange.

She went to hospital they weren't able to tell her much except recommend treatment obviously. Anyways, thanks in advance for the input. She's worried as am I.

I have experienced anemia many times over the years but did not get the swelling. I've read that iron deficiency anemia is more common in women. The lack of iron could contribute to circulatory problems and bruising. Has she tried supplementing with vitamin B-12? She may have an underlying medical condition and I recommend having blood work done. It's important to find out what's causing this.

Thanks for that T. Calderone. I wonder if there might be some kind of strange cut causing this.

It could be something as simple as malnutrition as it happens to addicts. Did she ever inject drugs that you're aware of? The reason I ask is the last time I had anemia was when I was going through treatment for hepatitis C. Liver problems can cause this, too.